whitepeoplemeet.com Is it racist?

So what? If White people want to only mingle with their own kind they have the right to do that just like any other culture in this country and around the world. Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with it and I am an AA. Go for it. Hope you find someone who brings you happiness and doesn't just want to screw you around, if you know what I mean!

Don't get me wrong when I say this, because believe me I am as conservative as they come. But I never understood this "Own kind" thing. We are all human beings, and I could care less who anyones messing around with, to be honest when I was growing up I did not agree with interracial couples. I'm a grown man now and could care less, as a matter of fact I support it more now then ever, I want everyone to be an interracial couple, because if they are then there is no way in hell that Sharpton or Jackson will have any kind of pedistool to preach racism on like they have the last 40 years. Those two have done nothing to benefit America and all they have done was race bait and poverty pimp the hell out of the inner cities for profit. Racism will always be here, just like it is everywhere in the world, we have gotten past Americas ugly history of racism, and until we all just get along and let things move on there will always be racism in the spotlight, to be honest I get sick of hearing about it.

But I never understood this "Own kind" thing.

Well,
First,
Just because you don't understand basic biology does not mean that others don't.

Second,
Seems you are a generally confused person.

Again we have here a clear example of how integration zealots contradict themselves:
I could care less who anyones messing around with...
...I want everyone to be an interracial couple

So which is it? Nature and freedom?, or totalitarian breeding programs?

When I see people talk about choosing partners out of the desire to continue their race (aka: racial purity is important to me), that reeks of caring way too much about skin color. Most people pick their partners because they like the person in some way, that cut and dry.

So you would agree that only "bad" racists would go to an interracial dating site?
After all, they too are using race as a primary criteria.

Moreso, why aren't you whining about that sort of racism? It is much more prevalent, even though it makes little financial sense.

Do a search for "white dating site", you will be bombarded with black-white interracial sites (most of which have registrations pointing to foreign nations). Clearly interracial sites are not capitalist or locally driven, which points to a sinister agenda.

The thing is that those who seem to share your POV seem a little bit too concerned with what other people deem important in their intimate lives, while hiding behind crocodile tears of "discrimination".

:rolleyes:

Your persecution complex has been on display in Technicolor throughout this thread.

And you're trying to attribute a position to me that I don't have. If the OP was about whitesmeetblacks.com, my position would remain the same.

So you really don't know jack shit about my POV. Brainiac.

isnt racist if theirs a blackpeoplemeet.com your argument is dumb and invaild stop being over senstive and over use the word "racist" just cause your african american. im white my gf is latino. im not racist,your just stupid and ignorent of real life.

Last edited:
I think it's hypocritical for Black folk to have a site like this, yet insist that Whites no favor their own.

I've not looked at the site so I may be speaking somewhat blindy here. There was a time when about the only place black folk could meet socially was in the Church without fear of the Klan or White Athourity beating the shit out of them. While there are Black Only sites that are there for the sol purpose of excluding Whites, I (IMHO) believe that most of them are there to unite one another together. Whereas there are White Only sites that are there for the purpose of uniting one another together, I (IMHO) believe that most of them are there for the sol purpose of excluding Blacks. We're all looking at the same damn thing you know. What one has to take into consideration is not what we;re looking at but Where We're Looking From.

I think that may be as useful a way to look at this particular issue as any. If one is not looking down on anyone, or believing one is superior to anyone, and one does not devalue anyone, one is not acting as a racist in the way we usually think of the term. There is a potentially slippery slope here; if we start labeling everything that is intra-racial rather than inter-racial as "racist" , we run the risk of trivializing the concept of real racism.

Let's see if we can agree on this much: real racism has an element of malice, or at the least disregard for the feelings of others; it does not care if it hurts, devalues, or degrades its object. Real racism sees its object not as an individual person, but as part of a group. Real Racism sees the other, not as simply different, but as lesser. Another way to say this is that real racism depersonalizes and objectifies any person perceived as the "other".

Now that I think on it, this is not dissimilar to the kind of "sexism" (more common in men, but not entirely unknown in women) that sees a member of the opposite sex as an object, to be used for one's own desired end, rather than a real person with real feelings. Here too, there is malice, a sort of hate, and a denial of the human worth of the "other".

In either case laid out above there is more than simple preference involved, so perhaps there is where we might draw the line, if one can be drawn.

..."Not what we're looking at, but Where We're Looking From" - The more I think about it, the better I like that way of putting it, Saltshaker.

If it is, Then someone needs to start complaining about sites from all the other races black, Asian, Latino! as they are Just as if not More racist,
If every other ethnic group is allowed a Choice why should whites be singled out as RACIST for wanting the same Choice?

Last edited:
the fact that they have every right to meet whomever they want and date whomever they want doesn't make it not racist if that's their primary consideration.

it IS racist. but in that regard, they have the right to be.

i think that b/c on a regular dating site, they'd be able to choose to date only people of their race. it's the fact that they only want white people anywhere near them that makes them racist.

So the BET (Black Entertainment Network) is not only acceptable it's held in high esteem.
But if someone wants to have a white only dating site it's not only considered in poor taste but
it's racist as well...

I learn so much here, how people think....:clap2:

the fact that they have every right to meet whomever they want and date whomever they want doesn't make it not racist if that's their primary consideration.

i think that b/c on a regular dating site, they'd be able to choose to date only people of their race. it's the fact that they only want white people anywhere near them that makes them racist.

So Jewish sites just for Jews is also racist? How about Christian sites just for Christians, is that some how bad too? How about black TV channels that only show programs that have blacks as stars or the major players in the program? How about Asian or Hispanic dating sites? Or Black dating sites?

Not only is it not racist, there is absolutely no reason for such sites to NOT exist. This is the information age isn't it. People that want specific things that are not illegal have every right to be catered to.

Having an ethnic preference is no different than having a gender preference....and there shouldn't be shame associated with either one.

True, but if a white or black dating service says another race cant join, then it becomes racist.

They may not get hits in there for being white or black, but they should be ABLE to join if they want. Not allowing them to join because of their race is the definition of racism.

So the BET (Black Entertainment Network) is not only acceptable it's held in high esteem.
But if someone wants to have a white only dating site it's not only considered in poor taste but
it's racist as well...

I learn so much here, how people think....:clap2:

See above.

after reading the 'terms and conditions' for that website, the website does not prohibit other races from signing up. Only the name of the website and how they display the website states that it is a 'black singles' only site.

Just read the terms and conditions page

Zionist Jews like Jillian hate gentile white people, and wants them to mix and diversify in order to cut down their numbers.

Yet, Jews only want to marry other so called white Jews.

In order to maintain their racial and religious identity. :evil:

You are truly an ignorant shit.

Jews want to marry other Jews to keep the bloodlines going because Hitler and his Holocaust killed off millions and millions of them.

Meanwhile, if white gentiles wanted to keep their bloodlines going, it would be "racist", right?

See, this is why people hate Jews.

They can do what they please, but if anyone else dares try the same thing, KABLAM. They're "racist."

Don't pretend you are included in "people" you stupid fucking bigot.

I don't think this makes anyone racist either. What make someone racist is when they discriminate against someone just because of their race. Wanting to live whithin your own race is not racist. It is what is prefered by that person. That don't mean that they think all other races are any less human. If someone wanted to stick to their own race that is up to them. I don't think it is right to force people to live a certain way if they don't want to. But then again, this is just my opinion.

Actually, wanting to live within your own kind IS racist. You might have the right to be in certain circumstances, but you have to call it what it is. And what is preferred is one thing. They have the right to pick and choose. But isolating yourself by race is, by definition,

By the way, you cannot refuse to sell a home to someone of another race. you cannot lead a person away from 'white' areas if they are a minority and you are a realtor. So I'd disagree with you.

I would say racism is more defined in how one treats those of another race.

One can only associate with his or her race and not hold any animosity towards other races.

By your definition anyone who lives in an area with homogeneous population could be considered racist and that's a stretch.

I personally don't think it is racist because its just a preference in mate, it doesn't mean that you think any other race is inferior in any way shape or form, what I find disturbing is that its perfectly fine to advertise blackpeoplemeet.com in mainstream media such as television and no one thinks of that as racist but a whitepeoplemeet.com brings up controversy. I don't understand how anyone can look down at anyone because of the color of their skin or their background, people should be judged by their actions, there are just way too few good people in this world to be further narrowing the people I socialize with by race, creed, religion, or sexual preference.

i cant say that its racist but it is dicriminating. chances are the founder of the site is black. eharmony accepts all individuals, how do you think they match couples? in a profile you choose what characteristics/preferences you like and dislike about a person. Example, i want to date a man with a job and no criminal record. blackpeoplemeet.com doesnt accept all individuals, i could only imagine the controvery if it were vice-versa there would be some kind of law-suit if there was a whitepeoplemeet.com without a doubt! very sickening and pathetic society.

What do you think? Is a white only dating site racist?

Yeah I think so. What someone is saying when they join that site is basically "I'm only interested in being with white people". That type of mindset conforms to my definition of racist.

There's black only dating sites. Even though those sites probably draw less angst from the public, I still think they're just as racist as the white only one.

If you look at a school cafeteria, you'll see blacks sitting with blacks, whites sitting with whites, and hispanics sitting with hispanics (with a few mixed in between). This doesn't mean all these kids are racist. It just means they are more comfortable with people who have more in common with them. Now if it were hateuncletom.com I would understand, or thissiteisforwhitesonly.com, then yes. If you were dropped down in a cirlce and there were different races of people on different sides, you'd probably walk to the group of the same race because you'd feel more comfortable. This doesn't mean you're racist. I just don't feel that people wanting to date their own race is racist...by definition I mean.
Birds of a feather quite naturally flock together. But the sometimes intense pressures of political correctness have conditioned those members of American society who lack the capacity for abstract reasoning to believe the inclination to socialize with others who are most like themselves is wrong, or "racist," when in fact it is as natural for humans as it is for any other animal species.

the inclination to socialize with others who are most like themselves is wrong, or "racist," when in fact it is as natural for humans as it is for any other animal species.

The point is that all humans ARE the same "animal species," and thus ARE "most like themselves." Meaningless superficial distinctions are only a dividing factor to racists like you.

after my post on here yesterday, i went to blackpeoplemeet facebook page to check out the comments and white people are allowed to become members. it is stated in their policy but who know's if its been their policy since they launched the website, they could have changed that after hearing controvery. i dont agree with it being on TV because it is mis-leading, no where in the commercial do they say every race is welcome to join. in a sense it is racist and discriminating but like i said yesterday all dating websites allow members to pick and choose characteristics they like and dislike.

after my post on here yesterday, i went to blackpeoplemeet facebook page to check out the comments and white people are allowed to become members. it is stated in their policy but who know's if its been their policy since they launched the website, they could have changed that after hearing controvery. i dont agree with it being on TV because it is mis-leading, no where in the commercial do they say every race is welcome to join. in a sense it is racist and discriminating but like i said yesterday all dating websites allow members to pick and choose characteristics they like and dislike.

A new member with 2 posts and you bump a year old thread..... interesting.

Forum List

Back