White Singers With Black Soul

Why does her color matter?
It matters to racists

Frank Zappa had a black soul.

That's why he was so teh ossum.
Who is Frank Zappa?

It's like talking physics and asking "who is Albert Einstein"? Speaks volumes about the questioner
Its more like me never having heard of Frank Zappa. Shit. He is older than my parents. Why is it like asking who is Albert Einstein? Did he invent music or something?

It matters to racists

He was a nasty heeb

Robert Plant at the beginning of "Bring it on home" does a spot on Sonny Boy Williamson

It matters to racists

He had an anti-God Jewboy soul.

Who is Frank Zappa?

The guy in CrusaderFrank's avatar.

He was a musical genius. I never liked him. Prince was a musical genius too, I liked him. I just can't see any good in Frank Zappa. None of his songs are memorable save for the ick factor.

It matters to racists

He was a nasty heeb

Robert Plant at the beginning of "Bring it on home" does a spot on Sonny Boy Williamson

It matters to racists

Who is Frank Zappa?

He was a musical genius. I never liked him. Prince was a musical genius too, I liked him. I just can't see any good in Frank Zappa. None of his songs are memorable save for the ick factor.
Thats interesting. How can you be considered a musical genius if none of your songs are memorable except one? I didnt like Prince all that much but he has a slew of songs I remember.

It matters to racists

He was a nasty heeb

It matters to racists

Who is Frank Zappa?

Thats interesting. How can you be considered a musical genius if none of your songs are memorable except one? I didnt like Prince all that much but he has a slew of songs I remember.

I can't even name the one, Zappa was a nasty man. I could name 5 Prince songs easy.

I'm not really sure how this works. For example Rod Temperton, a white songwriter, wrote a ton of "soulful" songs performed by black artist such as Heatwave, the Brothers Johnson, Michael Jackson, etc. I can't recall if any white artist performed any of his songs.

Also is it the music that makes it soul or the singer's voice and do any of these qualify or are they more pop?
Country artist:

Jazz:

Unknown genre:

And of course I agree on Teena Marie:

she......she has a great voice!!! :up: :mm:

JoJo - Leave (Get Out)

I'm not really sure how this works. For example Rod Temperton, a white songwriter, wrote a ton of "soulful" songs performed by black artist such as Heatwave, the Brothers Johnson, Michael Jackson, etc. I can't recall if any white artist performed any of his songs.

Also is it the music that makes it soul or the singer's voice and do any of these qualify or are they more pop?
Country artist:

Jazz:

Unknown genre:

And of course I agree on Teena Marie:

For me its the voice. There is a certain way of singing that conveys the soul in a persons voice. The actual music can help but in the end its always the voice. I notice a lot of country singers can convey some soul but its not as much as most Black singers. Maybe its because country was a Black genre originally?

Forum List

Back