White privilege

We're not discussing an absolute rule.

Forgive me, but your contention earlier of "Whether you realize that or not, it's true" says otherwise, Doc.

It is true, but it's not an absolute rule. I don't see how that is contradictory.

Because the pure truth is absolute. And when you say something is the truth, but not absolute, that constitutes a contradiction.

Rules, like truth, are absolute.

The concept of white privilege is based on the rule that because of their skin color white people enjoy more success and ease of living than their black counterparts. That is what one calls "dealing in absolutes."

No, nothing in the world is "absolute", aside from simple math and formal logic.

It is possible that one day I may become a multi-millionaire. It is also possible that Chrissy Walton's grandchildren will become multi-millionaires.

The fact that it is possible that I might end up that rich does not mean that I am on an "even playing field" with the Walton family - and conversely, the playing field being uneven does not mean that it's impossible for me to be a multi-millionaire.

Nothing in this world is absolute? Really? That's news to me, Doc.

You think it is a reality that blacks are afforded less privileges in life because of their skin color. When one asserts a reality, they are insisting on its absolutism. Thusly, "it is a reality that blacks are afforded less privileges and ease of living because of their skin color" is contention that such a circumstance is absolute.

So, what is meant by "it is easier to be white than it is to be black," unless it is meant to stress an absolute?

I mean it is easier to be white than it is to be black in this country in the same sense that it's more likely that you'll get emphysema or lung cancer if you're a smoker rather than not one.

That is a reality, yet not an absolute - not every smoker gets cancer, and some non-smokers get those same cancers. But the odds aren't the same - it's not "equal".

Arguing that white privilege doesn't exist because not every white person has a job is like saying that smoking cigarettes is perfectly safe because not everyone who smokes them gets cancer

I don't follow... this is like saying dogs are privileged because they have a better sense of smell than we do, "its not fair that their sense of smell is 10,000 times stronger than ours!"

White people live in poverty, they are put in jail, persecuted for whatever reason, or what have you. White people can be deprived of their rights and privileges just as easily as blacks can. Whites live and die, just like blacks do. The frequency of such events do not sway in favor of one race or another.

Excuse the domineering tone of this graphic, but it essentially demonstrates my point:

white-privilege-cartoon-debuked23.jpg

Does such thing as white privilege exist?
It seems like it doesn't. There are a lot of non-white people and feminists talking about 'white privilege' but is it even a real thing? Surely, one day America used to be a country populated almost exclusively by white people but these are the days of the past. Now non-caucasian people have a lot of bonuses and quotas while whites have nothing in return. Apart from that only white people get constantly bashing for their racism only because they have a different skin color. What's wrong with it? When will we be finally free from true racism?

No. In short, its racism. Accusing a white person of "white privilege" is like calling a black person a ni***r to their face. Racism. Combating racism with racism, works every time. Not.

"White privilege" is not an accusation. It's not an insult, or an attack of any sort.

It's just a simple fact - it's easier to be white in America than it is to be black.
the doche bag is definitely in

it's easier to be white in america b/c of higher academic achievement, lower incarceration rates , lower illegitimacy rates etc.

being the douche that you are you never mentioned that asians and hispanics also have asian and hispanic privilege

you are a stupid dooooooooosh

p
It's just a simple fact - it's easier to be white in America than it is to be black.

No, its not. I don't know where you get such a notion. The fires of hell are just as hot for you as it would be for me. Being white for me has afforded me no extra privileges or ease of living.

The simple fact is that everyone has the same opportunities in America. The same avenues of pursuit.

To equate skin color with any amount of privilege is racist. And ridiculous.

You being white has made it a lot more likely that you'll get a job and a lot more likely that you won't be hassled by the police. Whether you realize that or not, it's true.

Douche bag is in,

whites commit less crime and do better in school, fact

p

No, its not. I don't know where you get such a notion. The fires of hell are just as hot for you as it would be for me. Being white for me has afforded me no extra privileges or ease of living.

The simple fact is that everyone has the same opportunities in America. The same avenues of pursuit.

You being white has made it a lot more likely that you'll get a job and a lot more likely that you won't be hassled by the police. Whether you realize that or not, it's true.

Douche bag is in,

:lol:

Don't you realize how whiny and pathetic it sounds every time you guys complain about me being a moderator?

Douche bag, you need a possessive pronoun to make your sentence correct.

Perhaps only whitey "gets it".

Last edited:
You being white has made it a lot more likely that you'll get a job and a lot more likely that you won't be hassled by the police.

Sorry. I have no job, and my simple obedience to the law has ensured that I will not encounter law enforcement for reasons of breaking the law. That's not white privilege, that's common sense.

Whether you realize that or not, it's true.

It's not true. Look at the president. By rights of your logic, he should be suffering the same fate as other members of his race. Eh, not so much. His two daughters Sasha and Malia are living contradictions of such a claim. They will be the benefactors of his father's fame, influence and wealth for the rest of their lives. So, how does being black make it harder on them? It doesn't.

It's like saying the white car goes faster than the black car because the white car was built with more care than the black one, when in reality both cars are capable of going the same speed, and were built with the same parts and the same care.

This whole idea of "white privilege" is farcical at best.

You're not understanding. We're not discussing an absolute rule.

Being white does not guarantee you a job, nor does being black guarantee that you won't get one.

To claim the playing field is even is utterly ridiculous.
To pretend you have a fucking clue to know what it's like to be persecuted is what is ridiculous.
STOP pretending like your Internet experiences =/= real life, stupid fuck

p

Douche bag is in,

:lol:

Don't you realize how whiny and pathetic it sounds every time you guys complain about me being a moderator?

Douche bag, you need a possessive pronoun to make your sentence correct.

Perhaps only whitey "gets it".
Notice who thanked him for that post? Another dumb ass mod

Well you know Condi said racism was America's birth defect, but what would she know?

Well you know, Condi Rice is a conservative Republican black woman. So that begs the question:

What business did a black woman have serving as Secretary of State under a white president? White priv...wait, nevermind.

Last edited:
Well you know, Condi Rice is a conservative Republican black woman. So that begs the question:

What business did a black woman have serving as Secretary of State under a white president? White priv...wait, nevermind.
No it doesn't beg the question. 'Beg the question' means assume the conclusion of an argument.

In any case, because she is black you seem to dismiss out of hand the opinion of an educated high ranking woman about race in America. Well that is your privilege.

Last edited:
I don't drive, so that question has no relevance for me. Go ask another white man. But I don't think their radar guns are set to filter for race.
So when was the last time you were stopped for running or walking while black? Or do you think that doesn't happen?

Forum List

Back