White House Wants to Keep Gas Prices High

This is deliciously RICH.
ONCE AGAIN we have CONZ, completely CLUELESS as to what their own party has been up to and coming on here and spewing their UNSUBSTANTIATED OPINION as if it mattered more than a puddle of warm spit.

First, Thanks to Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm, and the Commodities and Futures Modernization act, speculators are allowed much greater freedom in our markets.

Not that long ago, commercial traders made up about 70 percent of commodity market activity and speculators the remaining 30 percent. For decades, this worked pretty well, serving the commercial participants and keeping prices fairly stable. Prices largely reflected fundamental factors of supply and demand.

But that ratio has flipped in the past few years. Now, speculators are about 70 percent of activity in many commodity markets and commercial hedgers only about 30 percent. This coincided with investment banks creating and selling commodity index funds. These products have poured more than $250 billion into the commodity markets in the past few years, with much of the money flowing into the oil markets. As in any market, when dollars go in, the market has to adjust through prices — in this case, by going up.
Opinion: Lower gas prices are possible now - Dennis Kelleher and Mike Masters - POLITICO.com

Then, after Frank Dodd got passed, we have CONZ trying to HACK THE BUDGET of the very people who monitor the market for ILLEGAL speculation.

The Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission are currently drafting rules to govern the $601 trillion swaps market in the wake of the contributions made by unregulated transactions to the 2008 fuel crisis. [Bloomberg] The Obama Administration had sought $308 million for CFTC operations, current plans call for $202 million for the Commission, and the House Republicans would like very much to shave the appropriations down to $172 million.
House GOP Seeks To Cut Funds For Oil Speculation Watch Dog | Desert Beacon

So you created the problem, and when Frank Dodd tried to fix it, you defund the watchdog.

Now perhaps any of you backwoods retard CONZ would like to point out EXACTLY how Obama, ALL BY HIMSELF, raised oil prices by more than 24% which is what the current price tag is on speculation in oil.

• He needlessly halted Gulf drilling permits after the BP oil spill, and continues to slow-walk them. Permit approvals are less than half their pre-Obama average, and approval times have nearly doubled.

• Obama scuttled the 700,000-barrels-a-day Keystone XL pipeline, despite approval by the State Department after an exhaustive three-year review.

• And he endlessly demonizes oil companies while pushing to sharply raise their taxes.

ONCE AGAIN we have CONZ, completely CLUELESS as to what their own party has been up to and coming on here and spewing their UNSUBSTANTIATED OPINION as if it mattered more than a puddle of warm spit.

First, Thanks to Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm, and the Commodities and Futures Modernization act, speculators are allowed much greater freedom in our markets.

Not that long ago, commercial traders made up about 70 percent of commodity market activity and speculators the remaining 30 percent. For decades, this worked pretty well, serving the commercial participants and keeping prices fairly stable. Prices largely reflected fundamental factors of supply and demand.

But that ratio has flipped in the past few years. Now, speculators are about 70 percent of activity in many commodity markets and commercial hedgers only about 30 percent. This coincided with investment banks creating and selling commodity index funds. These products have poured more than $250 billion into the commodity markets in the past few years, with much of the money flowing into the oil markets. As in any market, when dollars go in, the market has to adjust through prices — in this case, by going up.
Opinion: Lower gas prices are possible now - Dennis Kelleher and Mike Masters - POLITICO.com

Then, after Frank Dodd got passed, we have CONZ trying to CUT THE BUDGET by 1/3rd of the very people who monitor the market for ILLEGAL speculation.

The Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission are currently drafting rules to govern the $601 trillion swaps market in the wake of the contributions made by unregulated transactions to the 2008 fuel crisis. [Bloomberg] The Obama Administration had sought $308 million for CFTC operations, current plans call for $202 million for the Commission, and the House Republicans would like very much to shave the appropriations down to $172 million.

So you created the problem, and when Frank Dodd tried to fix it, you defund the watchdog.

Now perhaps any of you backwoods retard CONZ would like to point out EXACTLY how Obama, ALL BY HIMSELF, raised oil prices by more than 24% which is what the current price tag is on speculation in oil.

And you counter with more opinion.

Um, I cited an article which states the GOP wants to cut funding to the CFTC.
Is that OPINION?

Is the fact that the ratio of commercial traders to speculators has flipped 70-30 in favor of the speculators an OPINION?

When you say "Obama wants" you either have to PROVE it by citing the ACTIONS he's taken to achieve it or it's just YOUR OPINION.
When I said "the GOP wants" I backed up my opinion with the ACTIONS the GOP has taken and verifiable facts.

I swear, if we ever want to keep CONZ out of public office, all that would be required would be a simple course in logic. It would keep you guys out in DROVES!

Obama publically stated that he wants high gas prices.
A logical person would have posted evidence to support such a statement, but then again that's someone who uses logic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpqt8g6YA5Q]2008-MAY Obama "Can't Drive SUV's and Keep Our Home at 72 Degrees - YouTube[/ame]

if you slapped his dumb ass up side the head with this he still wouldn see it.. Rodddddnutz)

With the national average of gas prices hitting $3.65 a gallon, nearing $6 in some parts of the country, and poised to head even higher, America’s families are wondering when the bleeding at the pump will stop. But for Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu, those steep prices aren’t even a concern. In fact, he says his goal is not to get the price of gasoline to go down.

Chu delivered those stunning remarks in testimony before Congress yesterday. When Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) asked Chu whether it’s his “overall goal to get our price” of gasoline lower, Chu said, “No, the overall goal is to decrease our dependency on oil, to build and strengthen our economy.”

Secretary Chu Says His Goal Is Not to Lower Gas Prices

A logical person would have posted evidence to support such a statement, but then again that's someone who uses logic.

I know, huh.

oil_production_chart.png

Yes, he's just been AWFUL at increasing oil production in this country.

Got anything else you want to reveal you don't know dick about?

Blaming Obama for gas prices is just the flavor of the month for the uneducated portion of the GOP. Just like their presidential candidates, when this one fails they'll rally behind something else next month.....rinse and repeat.

Then, after Frank Dodd got passed, we have CONZ trying to CUT THE BUDGET by 1/3rd of the very people who monitor the market for ILLEGAL speculation.

And you counter with more opinion.

Um, I cited an article which states the GOP wants to cut funding to the CFTC.
Is that OPINION?

Is the fact that the ratio of commercial traders to speculators has flipped 70-30 in favor of the speculators an OPINION?

When you say "Obama wants" you either have to PROVE it by citing the ACTIONS he's taken to achieve it or it's just YOUR OPINION.
When I said "the GOP wants" I backed up my opinion with the ACTIONS the GOP has taken and verifiable facts.

I swear, if we ever want to keep CONZ out of public office, all that would be required would be a simple course in logic. It would keep you guys out in DROVES!

The conclusion is opinion.

His actions have proven what he wants.

Blaming Obama for gas prices is just the flavor of the month for the uneducated portion of the GOP.

No different than when the Democrats blamed Bush for it in 2008. Funny how it was ok to blame the president when there is a Republican in the White House, but when it flips to the Dems the president is no longer responsible.

Blaming Obama for gas prices is just the flavor of the month for the uneducated portion of the GOP.

No different than when the Democrats blamed Bush for it in 2008. Funny how it was ok to blame the president when there is a Republican in the White House, but when it flips to the Dems the president is no longer responsible.

Oh, I get it. You're part of the school that preaches 2 wrongs do in fact make a right. I'm sure you'll go far in life with that mindset.

Blaming Obama for gas prices is just the flavor of the month for the uneducated portion of the GOP. Just like their presidential candidates, when this one fails they'll rally behind something else next month.....rinse and repeat.

I guess the GOP didn't do enough foot-dragging to halt the economic recovery.

Besides, the current GOP talking points as revealed by Steve Doocy on FOX NEWS ARE...

Gas prices
Unemployment
The national debt.

Funny, it's not like any of these can't be traced back to when the GOP threw the economy down the toidy.

oil_production_chart.png

Obama has nothing to do with the current oil production. More state lands and private lands have been opened up for oil production, but it’s no thanks to Obama. In fact, he has actively fought energy development, closing federal lands opened by his predecessor.

PolitiFact | Barack Obama says U.S. oil production is at eight-year high

http://www.api.org/news-and-media/ne...and-Facts.ashx

Domestic crude oil production increased by an estimated 110 thousand bbl/d to 5.59 million bbl/d in 2011. A 380-thousand bbl/d increase in lower-48 onshore production in 2011 was partly offset by a 40-thousand bbl/d decline in Alaska and a 230-thousand bbl/d decline in output in the Federal Gulf of Mexico (GOM).

Forecast total crude oil production increases by 240 thousand bbl/d in 2012 and by a further 90 thousand bbl/d in 2013. Continued increases in lower-48 onshore crude oil production of 340 thousand bbl/d in 2012 and 110 thousand bbl/d in 2013 overshadow declines averaging about 20 thousand bbl/d in Alaskan output each year and a 90 thousand bbl/d decrease in 2012 GOM production (U.S. Crude Oil and Liquid Fuels Production Chart). The rise in production is driven by increased oil-directed drilling activity, particularly in onshore shale formations. The number of onshore oil-directed drilling rigs reported by Baker Hughes increased from 777 at the beginning of 2011 to 1,245 on February 3, 2012.

Short-Term Energy Outlook - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Oh, I get it. You're part of the school that preaches 2 wrongs do in fact make a right. I'm sure you'll go far in life with that mindset.

Really?

When Bush was blamed for it, he approached SA and asked them to increase suppluy...and if I recall, prices went down.

Whereas I do not blame Obama for the price increase, I most certainly blame him for claiming there is nothing he can do about it.

oil_production_chart.png

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
Shows how easily you are fooled by the rhetoric of this administration.

Oil prodcution tsakes place in multiple arenas.....two being federal land and state land.

Since Obama, production on federal regulated land is down dramatically.

However, production on state and private land is up dramatically.....and that is ONLY becuase the feds cant control it.

LMAO...I find the weakness of your mind very humorous....and apprently, Obama sees you in the same light.

Nope, nothing in that post.

Sure there is, but you already know that.

We both know there isn't but feel free to tell me the exact time stamp in the video that says he WANTS to keep gas prices high.

he admitted that he was aware that his policies would likely result in an increase in prices.

Does that mean he WANTS them to remain high?

Well....I guess if he were a moron, we can use that to say "no"...he is a moron and cant put it together that policies that increase prices, will result in higher prices.

But he is not a moron...so if he is aware his policies will result in higher prices and he enacts those policies anyway....well...then...yes, he is OK with them being high...which also means he is OK with them not decreasing.....and so if A equals B and B equals C......well....yes, he is fine with them remaining high.....for what he sees as the better good in the long run.

With the national average of gas prices hitting $3.65 a gallon, nearing $6 in some parts of the country, and poised to head even higher, America’s families are wondering when the bleeding at the pump will stop. But for Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu, those steep prices aren’t even a concern. In fact, he says his goal is not to get the price of gasoline to go down.

Chu delivered those stunning remarks in testimony before Congress yesterday. When Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) asked Chu whether it’s his “overall goal to get our price” of gasoline lower, Chu said, “No, the overall goal is to decrease our dependency on oil, to build and strengthen our economy.”

Secretary Chu Says His Goal Is Not to Lower Gas Prices

Here ya go - A quote from Bill O'Reilly -

O

Scary thing is, rw's believe what this hack spews. But then, as we all know, rw's are
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Sure there is, but you already know that.

We both know there isn't but feel free to tell me the exact time stamp in the video that says he WANTS to keep gas prices high.

he admitted that he was aware that his policies would likely result in an increase in prices.

Does that mean he WANTS them to remain high?

Well....I guess if he were a moron, we can use that to say "no"...he is a moron and cant put it together that policies that increase prices, will result in higher prices.

But he is not a moron...so if he is aware his policies will result in higher prices and he enacts those policies anyway....well...then...yes, he is OK with them being high...which also means he is OK with them not decreasing.....and so if A equals B and B equals C......well....yes, he is fine with them remaining high.....for what he sees as the better good in the long run.

His policies having an residual effect on gas prices is one thing. Designing your policies with the intention of raising gas prices is a totally different ballgame. That's the difference that the loons here can't seem to make. He doesn't WANT gas prices to go up, but he realizes that just may happen due to policies he favors that he feels are important enough to warrant a potential gas price increase.

oil_production_chart.png

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
Shows how easily you are fooled by the rhetoric of this administration.

Oil prodcution tsakes place in multiple arenas.....two being federal land and state land.

Since Obama, production on federal regulated land is down dramatically.

However, production on state and private land is up dramatically.....and that is ONLY becuase the feds cant control it.

LMAO...I find the weakness of your mind very humorous....and apprently, Obama sees you in the same light.

You're both wrong.

Forum List

Back