White House Checking IDs of High School Students

Just when you think you've read the dumbest post on USMB from the whiny hacks, along comes this piece of shit OP. Yes, they should let anybody into the White House so the president can be assassinated, brilliant!
:cuckoo:

so we should just let anyone in the country?

what does a background check do to verify whether you will harm the president that a search of your person, which they do as well....

Yer reading skills are .... interesting. The answer doesn't match the question.

What is "reasonable cause" to suspect some one is an illegal and require ID?

The wording "reasonble cause" is not in the bill. What is in the bill is "reasonable suspicion" And what constitutes reasonable suspicion could be a number of things including but not limited to, cannot speak nor comprehend the english language, having no form of verifiable ID.

Lets talk about "reasonable suspicion" then - what constitutes reasonable suspicion?

Not speaking english well - that would apply to many legal residents as well and would be as discrimminatory as "racial profiling".

No form of verifiable ID - presumably, a drivers license. I could agree on that. If you are pulled over or arrested, you must be able to present ID. Not sure if ID is required in other cases though.

What are the other "number of things"?

Now with that said there is also a provision in the law ( had you actually taken the time to read it ) that mandates that all law enforcement officials and agencies that are enganged in implementing Senate Bill 1070 to be trained in what constitutes "reasonable suspicion".

“3. The course of training established by the board shall provide clear guidance to law enforcement officials regarding what constitutes reasonable suspicion, and shall make clear that an individual’s race, color, or national origin alone cannot be grounds for reasonable suspicion to believe any law has been violated.

4. Provide a list of the specific forms of identification that provide a presumption that a person is not an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States.”

It's good if they can be trained in this but there is still very little to go on in identifying "reasonable suspician" excluding racial/ethnic characteristics.

It you're not intelligent enough to know what would warrant reasonable suspicion then it's lucky for us you're not in law enforcement.

Reasonable suspicion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wording "reasonble cause" is not in the bill. What is in the bill is "reasonable suspicion" And what constitutes reasonable suspicion could be a number of things including but not limited to, cannot speak nor comprehend the english language, having no form of verifiable ID.

Lets talk about "reasonable suspicion" then - what constitutes reasonable suspicion?

Not speaking english well - that would apply to many legal residents as well and would be as discrimminatory as "racial profiling".

No form of verifiable ID - presumably, a drivers license. I could agree on that. If you are pulled over or arrested, you must be able to present ID. Not sure if ID is required in other cases though.

Now with that said there is also a provision in the law ( had you actually taken the time to read it ) that mandates that all law enforcement officials and agencies that are enganged in implementing Senate Bill 1070 to be trained in what constitutes "reasonable suspicion".

“3. The course of training established by the board shall provide clear guidance to law enforcement officials regarding what constitutes reasonable suspicion, and shall make clear that an individual’s race, color, or national origin alone cannot be grounds for reasonable suspicion to believe any law has been violated.

4. Provide a list of the specific forms of identification that provide a presumption that a person is not an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States.”

It's good if they can be trained in this but there is still very little to go on in identifying "reasonable suspician" excluding racial/ethnic characteristics.

It you're not intelligent enough to know what would warrant reasonable suspicion then it's lucky for us you're not in law enforcement.

Interesting read but, ultimately a senseless diversion. I know what "reasonable suspician" means, that's not what I'm asking (bone up on your reading skills sweetcheeks) - I'm asking what constitutes "reasonable suspician" for requiring evidence of legal immigration status. So far, all you can come up with is - not speaking good english and not having valid id (which I agree with) and "many other" things. What are these other things?

To quote myself (post 48:)

And for the record, here's the AZ law for stop and identify:

13-2412. Refusing to provide truthful name when lawfully detained; classification

A. It is unlawful for a person, after being advised that the person's refusal to answer is unlawful, to fail or refuse to state the person's true full name on request of a peace officer who has lawfully detained the person based on reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime. A person detained under this section shall state the person's true full name, but shall not be compelled to answer any other inquiry of a peace officer.

B. A person who violates this section is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor.

Note, the police must have reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime.

Just when you think you've read the dumbest post on USMB from the whiny hacks, along comes this piece of shit OP. Yes, they should let anybody into the White House so the president can be assassinated, brilliant!
:cuckoo:

so we should just let anyone in the country?

what does a background check do to verify whether you will harm the president that a search of your person, which they do as well....

Really, is there a bunch of retarded kids posting on this forum that we don't know about? Some experiment to see who can post the dumbest arguments? Where does your statement fit anywhere into the OP or what I said? There are other ways to sabatoge the White House and hurt the president without having weapons on you. YOu can't just let any person into such a highly secured area, and that's Secret Service policy.

NObody says anybody can come into the country. NObody says immigration law shouldn't be enforced.

For the 100th time that you bozos refuse to acknowledge, just to keep your stupid hackish comments going, the entire problem with the Az law is the vagueness of the law, in which "can demand ID from anybody who is suspected of being illegal", and how that can lead to discrimination of anybody who looks mexican. NOt actually enforcing laws. If someone is arrested, they should have status checked. NOt just on "suspicion". The rest of the laws are perfectly fine, punish companies that hire illegal immigrants. No problem there.

Interesting read but, ultimately a senseless diversion. I know what "reasonable suspician" means, that's not what I'm asking (bone up on your reading skills sweetcheeks) - I'm asking what constitutes "reasonable suspician" for requiring evidence of legal immigration status. So far, all you can come up with is - not speaking good english and not having valid id (which I agree with) and "many other" things. What are these other things?

If you understand what reasonable suspicion means then why ask what constitutes reasonable suspicion? Use your fucking brain, unless you have a IQ of less than 70 you should be able to determine what is reasonable.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/intel/m013006.pdf

So let me get this straight:

It's okay for the White House to require that High School Students provide ID information (Social Security #s and citizen status) to the Secret Service on the pretext that this is necessary to protect the President,

Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed. Such a check is required for anyone who gets within an arm’s length of the president, students were told at their senior breakfast Friday.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Now why didnt Bush demand the same before he allowed obama into his presence, let alone shake his hand!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(sorry I couldn't help myself!)

and btw...please provide an example where someone harmed the president by getting permission to shake his hand without having a background check....thaks

Assassination of William McKinley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the morning of the 6th, McKinley visited Niagara Falls and returned to the Exposition for a scheduled public reception that afternoon. His secretary, George B. Cortelyou, disliked such public receptions, believing them to be security risks.[4] Cortelyou suggested that McKinley should skip the reception, but McKinley replied, "Why should I? No one would wish to hurt me."[5] McKinley, accompanied by Cortelyou and Exposition president John Milburn, arrived at the Exposition at 3:30 p.m. and proceeded to the Temple of Music building where the reception was to take place.[5]

McKinley, flanked by Cortelyou and Milburn, stood and shook hands with the people filing by in a long line. Waiting in that line was Leon Czolgosz.

At this moment, 4:07 p.m.[14] Czolgosz advanced to face the President. McKinley reached out to take Czolgosz's "bandaged" hand, but before he could shake it Czolgosz pulled the trigger twice.[15] James Parker punched Czolgosz in the face and tackled him,[16] [17] knocking the gun from Czolgosz's hand.[18] Agent George Foster jumped onto Czolgosz and shouted to fellow agent Albert Gallagher "Al, get the gun! Get the gun! Al, get the gun!"[19] Gallagher instead got Czolgosz's handkerchief, which was on fire. Private Francis O'Brien, of McKinley's Army detail, picked up the gun.[20]

Obama Admin requires students to prove citizenship?? Why would that be? :rolleyes: Does he feel unsafe around illegals?? Is being illegal, gasp, ILLEGAL????

Obama may personally greet each graduate: Kalamazoo Central seniors to fill out paperwork for Secret Service | - MLive.com
KALAMAZOO — The White House appears to be laying the groundwork for President Barack Obama to shake the hand of each senior at Kalamazoo Central High School’s commencement ceremony next month.

Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed.

Obama Admin requires students to prove citizenship?? Why would that be? :rolleyes: Does he feel unsafe around illegals?? Is being illegal, gasp, ILLEGAL????

Obama may personally greet each graduate: Kalamazoo Central seniors to fill out paperwork for Secret Service | - MLive.com
KALAMAZOO — The White House appears to be laying the groundwork for President Barack Obama to shake the hand of each senior at Kalamazoo Central High School’s commencement ceremony next month.

Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed.

standard procedure. But I do wish somebody had done it to him BEFORE he got in office.

Oh the libtards will make all kind of excuses for this.

Wonder if he is making all the SS wear brown these days?

Look at the shreiking attacks on AZ because it is checking legal residency status.

If it's okay for the WHITE HOUSE to check such info just to shake the President's hand, why on earth shouldn't AZ be able to check green cards when a driver is detained?

Except that...
1. Existing law already give police the power to check the IDs of people pulled over for speeding and other moving violations.
2. The Arizona law doesn't just cover when someone is committing a crime. It allows the police to ask for ID at any time.

Last edited:
Look at the shreiking attacks on AZ because it is checking legal residency status.

If it's okay for the WHITE HOUSE to check such info just to shake the President's hand, why on earth shouldn't AZ be able to check green cards when a driver is detained?

Except that...
1. Existing law already give police the power to check the IDs of people pulled over for speeding and other moving violations.
2. The Arizona law doesn't just cover when someone is committing a crime. It allows the police to ask for ID at any time.

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: You, Eric Holder, Janet Napolitano, and Barack Obama all need to read the law. It does not allow police to ask for ID at any time. It requires CAUSE.

Except that...

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: You, Eric Holder, Janet Napolitano, and Barack Obama all need to read the law. It does not allow police to ask for ID at any time. It requires CAUSE.

I've read the law. It doesn't require cause. It only requires "lawful contact".

Except that...

I've read the law. It doesn't require cause. It only requires "lawful contact".
Really, you read it? You better go back and read it again - here is line 37 of page one...maybe you skipped that part?
37 E. A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON
38 IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED
39 ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

I guess you glossed right over lines 20-26.

20 FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY
21 OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS
22 STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,
24 WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON.
THE
25 PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
26 PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).

Forum List

Back