White House Checking IDs of High School Students

You do in fact realize that a officer can walk up to you at any time and ask you for your identification, correct?

or if you have a flat tire and he stops to help you, he then could use "reasonable cause" to ask for your ID. So if you look hispanic don't get a flat tire when a cop is around.

No the law specifically states that race, skin color or ethnicity is not enough reason to ask for legal status.

READ THE BILL!!!!!!!

what if they have hispanic music playing in their car?
My friend is half mexican and listens to mexican bands often, I guess he shouldn't go to AZ.

It is the proper role of government to protect our national security, which includes the borders. I'd prefer they disband the enormous morass of entitlement and pork programs and spend a small portion of that money on fences, border control, and ID tracking systems for immigrants.

or if you have a flat tire and he stops to help you, he then could use "reasonable cause" to ask for your ID. So if you look hispanic don't get a flat tire when a cop is around.

No the law specifically states that race, skin color or ethnicity is not enough reason to ask for legal status.

READ THE BILL!!!!!!!

My friend is half mexican and listens to mexican bands often, I guess he shouldn't go to AZ.

Show us where in the AZ law that playing hispanic music is a reasonable cause for detaining anyone.

It is the proper role of government to protect our national security, which includes the borders. I'd prefer they disband the enormous morass of entitlement and pork programs and spend a small portion of that money on fences, border control, and ID tracking systems for immigrants.

You didn't answer the question. Are you supporting an expansion of "big government" to deal with this?

You didn't answer the question. Are you supporting an expansion of "big government" to deal with this?

No. Government performing its national security function is not an expansion of big government. I proposed canceling Big Government programs and practices to fund a proper constitutional role.

I'm caucasian. I've been stopped because my tail light was out. Given the budget crises most large cities are facing, we should all expect to receive such "revenue generating" tickets on a more frequent basis.

So your point is?

Last edited:

READ THE BILL!!!!!!!

Show us where in the AZ law that playing hispanic music is a reasonable cause for detaining anyone.

It is in the federal law. ;)

No. Government performing its national security function is not an expansion of big government. I proposed canceling Big Government programs and practices to fund a proper constitutional role.

All of those programs are legitimate, constitutionally lawful government functions - according to someone.

It would appear that you support "big government" when it comes to your particular beefs.

Illegal immigration in and of itself is far less of a problem than the drug related violence going on and threatening both sides of the border. If we are going to support an "expansion" of government - and I actually do support a major overhaul of our very outdated immigration policies - it needs to address the border, the fact that hard-working, enterprising people WANT to come to the country and will keep on trying to cross the border, the bottleneck in legal immigration and attracting immigrants with skills we want. Fences don't do that (in fact they destroy local economies on both sides of the border, as well as cause problems for wild life) and laws that mandate checking paperwork skirt constitutionality and are easily abused. I don't much care about illegals that are here and not causing trouble but I do care about those that commit crimes.

All of those programs are legitimate, constitutionally lawful government functions - according to someone.

It would appear that you support "big government" when it comes to your particular beefs.

Illegal immigration in and of itself is far less of a problem than the drug related violence going on and threatening both sides of the border. If we are going to support an "expansion" of government - and I actually do support a major overhaul of our very outdated immigration policies - it needs to address the border, the fact that hard-working, enterprising people WANT to come to the country and will keep on trying to cross the border, the bottleneck in legal immigration and attracting immigrants with skills we want. Fences don't do that (in fact they destroy local economies on both sides of the border, as well as cause problems for wild life) and laws that mandate checking paperwork skirt constitutionality and are easily abused. I don't much care about illegals that are here and not causing trouble but I do care about those that commit crimes.

No. Many of those programs have been twisted into being Constitutional by Progressives who have an agenda of expanding government.

I'm caucasian. I've been stopped because my tail light was out. Given the budget crises most large cities are facing, we should all expect to receive such "revenue generating" tickets on a more frequent basis.

So your point is?
"Stop and frisk is when police temporarily detain somebody and pat down their outer clothing when there are specific articulable facts leading a reasonable police officer to believe a person is armed and dangerous.It is not necessary for the officer to articulate or identify a specific crime they think is being committed, only that a set of factual circumstances exist that would lead a reasonable officer to have a reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is occurring. Reasonable suspicion is one step below probable cause"
Stop and Frisk Law & Legal Definition

Obama is better than our country huh?

Why do you have to "show your papers" to see the President but not when you break a law in this country?

Obama may personally greet each graduate: Kalamazoo Central seniors to fill out paperwork for Secret Service | - MLive.com

This is so cute. Two threads now on a policy that's been in place....how long? :lol::lol::lol:

I am sure it has been the policy for quite a while... and it should be.

We are just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Well, in most states, an individual must have a permit to conceal carry.

All you've provided is more proof that the police must have reasonable suspicion.

Last edited:

No. Many of those programs have been twisted into being Constitutional by Progressives who have an agenda of expanding government.

Twisted or not they are Constitutional and legal. As, unfortunately, was the huge "government expansion" necessary to fight two foreign wars (including a war of choice). Go figure.....one person's "big government" is another's "Constitutionally valid government role" depending on which side of the aisle you are peering from.

Maybe my opinion is in the minority, but I still think police officers are the good guys, and the vast majority of them honor the law and take their oath to serve and protect very seriously.

Forum List

Back