White House Acknowledges They Broke The Law In Release Of Gitmo Terrorists, But Claim

Indeed, government documents indicate more than 500 detainees were released or transferred from Guantanamo while George W. Bush was president. A White House executive order issued on the second day of Obama's presidency said, " The federal government has moved more than 500 such detainees from Guantánamo, either by returning them to their home country or by releasing or transferring them to a third country."
Try wrapping your miniscule brain around this statement. Your unadulterated hatred makes you look so foolish.

What a ridiculous statement that is from you.
It has nothing to do with that at all but if that is how you see nothing will change a closed and empty mind.
"Indeed, government documents indicate more than 500 detainees were released or transferred from Guantanamo while George W. Bush was president. A White House executive order issued on the second day of Obama's presidency said, " The federal government has moved more than 500 such detainees from Guantánamo, either by returning them to their home country or by releasing or transferring them to a third country."
But this was of no concern for the likes of you then but now its the worst thing since...what?
You tell us because the rest of us are so "childish" lol:eusa_clap:

"Violating the law"? Since when does that matter? Bush lied to the entire world to invade Iraq and then tortured POWs in secret prisons. Torture is against American and international law. Why wasn't anyone screaming about Bush selling out what little was left of our nation's honor so he could beat brown people to death in a dirty room somewhere?
BUSH isn't in POWER and hasn't been for nearly 6 years. YOU really need to stop with this Blame, Minimization, Denial, Obfuscation crap and GROW UP.

Obama is caught once again violating the Constitution. SHOW us a list of Impeachable offences Bush committed. YOU CANNOT.

But Mommie, he did it 1st, why am I in trouble?

Very tiring Mantra isn't it? I quit blaming other for MY MISTAKES at about age 4 :eusa_whistle:

"Violating the law"? Since when does that matter? Bush lied to the entire world to invade Iraq and then tortured POWs in secret prisons. Torture is against American and international law. Why wasn't anyone screaming about Bush selling out what little was left of our nation's honor so he could beat brown people to death in a dirty room somewhere?
BUSH isn't in POWER and hasn't been for nearly 6 years. YOU really need to stop with this Blame, Minimization, Denial, Obfuscation crap and GROW UP.

Obama is caught once again violating the Constitution. SHOW us a list of Impeachable offences Bush committed. YOU CANNOT.

But Mommie, he did it 1st, why am I in trouble?

Very tiring Mantra isn't it? I quit blaming other for MY MISTAKES at about age 4 :eusa_whistle:

It's like the old Bill Cosby routine where he catches his kid in the cookie jar...

(Yes, these people are like this...like children)...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9mX4Hbc2Q]Understanding Children - YouTube[/ame]

I'm amazed at the left defending this.

I shouldn't be, but I am.

Is there anything Obama could do that they wouldn't defend?

I am surprised, but not amazed, right wing hardliners demanded his release in 2012, (freedomoutpost, among others), and now condemn his release.

IDIOT...Obama went around Congress...around the Constitution...and YOU are surprised? REALLY?

WE aren't condemning his release...but the deal reached...and it was out of line. Gotta love that phone and PEN of your Grand Dictator, and excuse him...huh?

This is a tough one as it lead to the release of Bergdahl.

But, will it set a precedent to capture more Soldiers and try to trade them for 5 terrorists every time?

Trading five senior Taliban leaders from detention in Guantanamo Bay for Bergdahl’s release may have consequences for the rest of our forces and all Americans. Our terrorist adversaries now have a strong incentive to capture Americans. That incentive will put our forces in Afghanistan and around the world at even greater risk

Bergdahl release arrangement could threaten the safety of Americans, Republicans say - The Washington Post

Obama has set a precident again. Bush and other presidents never negotiated with terrorists...but Obama doesn't care...he puts ALL AMERICANS in peril with this move. Each one of US now has a target painted on our backs if we go abroad.

One more example of this lawless regime's tendency to place the welfare of U.S. citizens secondary to his personal, partisan political needs!

How?

The only two entities who benefit from this exchange are the loved ones of Bo Bergdahl and the Obama regime.

No, make that three.

The Taliban.

Obama should be impeached and put into jail. HE has done so many things and the media and left wing nuts just give him a pass. If a REP president did remotely this they would have hung them from a tree.
holy smokes...this man is out of control
links in this at site

SNIP:
White House Acknowledges They Broke The Law In Release Of Gitmo Terrorists, But Claim “Exigent Circumstances”

We reported yesterday on the breaking of the law. Today they admit it, and claim ‘exigent circumstances’. Obama even has the temerity to say even though he signed the law, he has the right to ignore the notice part.

Via The Blaze:

In response, the White House says that officials considered what they called “unique and exigent circumstances” and decided to go ahead with the transfer despite the legal requirement.

Lawmakers weren’t notified of the Guantanamo detainees’ transfer until after it occurred, according to the Washington Post.

More from the Post:

A senior administration official, agreeing to speak on the condition of anonymity to explain the timing of the congressional notification, acknowledged that the law was not followed. When he signed the law last year, Obama issued a signing statement contending that the notification requirement was an unconstitutional infringement on his powers as commander in chief and that he therefore could override it.

“Due to a near-term opportunity to save Sergeant Bergdahl’s life, we moved as quickly as possible,” the official said, the Post noted. “The administration determined that given these unique and exigent circumstances, such a transfer should go forward notwithstanding the notice requirement.”

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said that the detainees transferred from Guantanamo to Qatar, where they are to stay for at least a year, the Post added, “are hardened terrorists who have the blood of Americans and countless Afghans on their hands. I am eager to learn what precise steps are being taken to ensure that these vicious and violent Taliban extremists never return to the fight against the United States and our partners or engage in any activities that can threaten the prospects for peace and security in Afghanistan.”

ALL of it here
White House Acknowledges They Broke The Law In Release Of Gitmo Terrorists, But Claim ?Exigent Circumstances? | Weasel Zippers

This is a tough one as it lead to the release of Bergdahl.

But, will it set a precedent to capture more Soldiers and try to trade them for 5 terrorists every time?

Bergdahl release arrangement could threaten the safety of Americans, Republicans say - The Washington Post

Obama has set a precident again. Bush and other presidents never negotiated with terrorists...but Obama doesn't care...he puts ALL AMERICANS in peril with this move. Each one of US now has a target painted on our backs if we go abroad.

One more example of this lawless regime's tendency to place the welfare of U.S. citizens secondary to his personal, partisan political needs!

How?

The only two entities who benefit from this exchange are the loved ones of Bo Bergdahl and the Obama regime.

No, make that three.

The Taliban.

Taliban are huge winners in this. I can't wait to see Obama actually visit their embassy he helped set up in Qatar.:lol:

I guess he is so dedicated to SA and Q he'll do anything.

Without the Constitution, Congress wouldn't exist.

Try again.
Now you are being obtuse. .. :cuckoo: :lol:

Really? What is it that authorizes them to EXIST in the first place?

I think YOU need to rethink SON:eusa_hand:

Most don't understand. Most are never taught. Point in hand. How many of your fellow Americans realize you are not a democracy?

Because I am a dual citizen and knowing and loving how we have been founded in both countries I understand our differences and embrace the Republic over the so called Democracy.

The Founders were so amazingly awesome. Only the hand of the good Lord Almighty could have been on their shoulders when they founded America.

I mean that with all my heart. They were such brilliant men.

holy smokes...this man is out of control
links in this at site

SNIP:
White House Acknowledges They Broke The Law In Release Of Gitmo Terrorists, But Claim “Exigent Circumstances”

We reported yesterday on the breaking of the law. Today they admit it, and claim ‘exigent circumstances’. Obama even has the temerity to say even though he signed the law, he has the right to ignore the notice part.

Via The Blaze:

In response, the White House says that officials considered what they called “unique and exigent circumstances” and decided to go ahead with the transfer despite the legal requirement.

Lawmakers weren’t notified of the Guantanamo detainees’ transfer until after it occurred, according to the Washington Post.

More from the Post:

A senior administration official, agreeing to speak on the condition of anonymity to explain the timing of the congressional notification, acknowledged that the law was not followed. When he signed the law last year, Obama issued a signing statement contending that the notification requirement was an unconstitutional infringement on his powers as commander in chief and that he therefore could override it.

“Due to a near-term opportunity to save Sergeant Bergdahl’s life, we moved as quickly as possible,” the official said, the Post noted. “The administration determined that given these unique and exigent circumstances, such a transfer should go forward notwithstanding the notice requirement.”

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said that the detainees transferred from Guantanamo to Qatar, where they are to stay for at least a year, the Post added, “are hardened terrorists who have the blood of Americans and countless Afghans on their hands. I am eager to learn what precise steps are being taken to ensure that these vicious and violent Taliban extremists never return to the fight against the United States and our partners or engage in any activities that can threaten the prospects for peace and security in Afghanistan.”

ALL of it here
White House Acknowledges They Broke The Law In Release Of Gitmo Terrorists, But Claim ?Exigent Circumstances? | Weasel Zippers

The ONLY reason the administration is doing this is midterm elections. I am glad the guy was released...but again Obama demonstrates he is lawless and still campaigning.

Signing statement? He strongly condemned Bush for issuing Signing statements and even called them unconstitutional, called Bush unpatriotic for it.

Even Hitler obeyed Laws that favored his agenda. And yes, I'm comparing Obama to Hitler!

Most don't understand. Most are never taught. Point in hand. How many of your fellow Americans realize you are not a democracy?

Because I am a dual citizen and knowing and loving how we have been founded in both countries I understand our differences and embrace the Republic over the so called Democracy.

The Founders were so amazingly awesome. Only the hand of the good Lord Almighty could have been on their shoulders when they founded America.

Amazing, and they didn't even have government Schools or a Federal Department Of Education .

The house where the Sons of Liberty met still stood, in the 1980s. I saw it, it was beautiful to realize they actually met there, prepared to take on the "greatest military power" then known.

we have prisons. They work rather well, But for some reason because they are "terrorists" you guys wet your pants over the idea of them being in a supermax.

Well do we play the Clinton card? They are just criminals? Or do we treat them as terrorists? I thought that's what made all these mass murderers "special".

how about we just play the logic card and say they can have civil trials, and if found guilty tossed in a supermax and be done with it.

If this was are people, we would be screaming up and down how they have rights and they are being violated etc etc.

Im not really interested in these silly games you want to play.
Well logically they aren't criminals. What crime did they commit? What happens when they are found innocent on a technicality and walk, whcih actually happened?
Trying enemy combatants makes as much sense as giving speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Indeed, government documents indicate more than 500 detainees were released or transferred from Guantanamo while George W. Bush was president. A White House executive order issued on the second day of Obama's presidency said, " The federal government has moved more than 500 such detainees from Guantánamo, either by returning them to their home country or by releasing or transferring them to a third country."
Try wrapping your miniscule brain around this statement. Your unadulterated hatred makes you look so foolish.

So does that mean that Obama is better than Bush because he released more, worse than Bush because he released fewer, the same as Bush because he released some?
I don't get your point here.

Forum List

Back