CDZ White Collar Jobs at Risk in Robotics Revolution NOW!

[
Again, manufacturing is such a small part of our growth engine. And these keep jobs here because they reduce costs.
Are doctors and lawyers manufacturing?

MY GAWD READ WHAT I AM POSTING!

With advanced strong AI THERE IS NO SAFE CAREER FROM ROBOTICS!

I dont mean to be rude, but you are not discussing the facts I am bringing to you. You are simply ignoring them.

They've been saying jobs are going away since the industrial revolution. ....

And they have been, just as new ones have been created.

Bingo!
No, no bingo.

When have we had a tech revolution that made things that could replace doctors and lawyers in their careers?

Dont be an OStritch and just bury your head to not see the coming problems. They dont go away just because you refuse to see them.

And the societal changes will be very painful, at a minimum, but potentially catastrophic.

You think we're on the verge of replacing doctors and lawyers?

:wtf:

They've been saying jobs are going away since the industrial revolution. The only reason it's happened the last decade is because the hysterical fear of change crowd has given government the mandate to save jobs, and government has used that mandate to destroy them faster than ever with an absurd tax system and endlessly more regulations. I just sold my business, I'm sick of it
Yes, kaz, the regulations under this Marxist President are ridiculous, but the Robotics revolution is a far deeper underlying development that is truly going to replace working people with robotic labor in every career or job specialty.

IF you oppose doing anything organized to address this on behalf of humanity as a whole, then you are effectively supporting a culling of the human race itself by about 90%.

Services are our future, not manufacturing, as a growth engine. Robotics keep jobs here.

Will you volunteer to be in that 90%?

You fundamentally don't understand how this works. You don't "volunteer" to not have a job. You end up without a job because you are without marketable skills and/or you won't work for less than you think you deserve.

So no, I won't "volunteer" to not have a job. I'll work to have one

The 90% I was referring to was a CULLING, i.e. people killed via plague, starvation or worse. I was not referring to merely being employed.

You seem to think you can just invent a job, but you wont.

The bottom is being raced to in this economy and that bottom is bartering hand crafted goods.... at best

I've created and saved many jobs. Jobs are invented, that's how it happens. They are invented by ideas

[
Again, manufacturing is such a small part of our growth engine. And these keep jobs here because they reduce costs.
Are doctors and lawyers manufacturing?

MY GAWD READ WHAT I AM POSTING!

With advanced strong AI THERE IS NO SAFE CAREER FROM ROBOTICS!

I dont mean to be rude, but you are not discussing the facts I am bringing to you. You are simply ignoring them.

Robots are tools. I think you're watching too much TV

I've created and saved many jobs. Jobs are invented, that's how it happens. They are invented by ideas
And which of those jobs will not be cheaper to buy a robot for under $2k and use it instead of human labor?

And that could be any job from any career from doctors to lawyers to pilots to teachers to you name it.

the Robotics revolution is a far deeper underlying development that is truly going to replace working people with robotic labor in every career or job specialty.

IF you oppose doing anything organized to address this on behalf of humanity as a whole, then you are effectively supporting a culling of the human race itself by about 90%.......

And which of those jobs will not be cheaper to buy a robot for under $2k and use it instead of human labor?

And that could be any job from any career from doctors to lawyers to pilots to teachers to you name it.

Why would you not prefer we do manufacturing in the US utilizing robotics than we do it overseas using low paid workers?

You're reading too much sci-fi. Robots are tools. We are far from having robotics that can compete with human professionals

They've been saying jobs are going away since the industrial revolution. ....

And they have been, just as new ones have been created.

Bingo!
No, no bingo.

When have we had a tech revolution that made things that could replace doctors and lawyers in their careers?

Dont be an OStritch and just bury your head to not see the coming problems. They dont go away just because you refuse to see them.

And the societal changes will be very painful, at a minimum, but potentially catastrophic.

Oh brother....seems the sky is always falling for some reason around here.

You're reading too much sci-fi. Robots are tools. We are far from having robotics that can compete with human professionals
None of that is sci-fi.

Welcome, you two, to my ignore list.

None of that is sci-fi.

:wtf:

That didn't take much, just disagreeing with you?

None of that is sci-fi.

You need to take this little performance to the Conspiracy Forum.

An advanced AI computer just SOLVed a 100 year old 'unsolvable' biology problem.

Scientists of all career types, not just biologists, are now vulnerable to the Robotics Revolution.

A Computer Just Came Up With a Scientific Theory

By crunching massive amounts of data billions of times faster than could be done by hand, computers have allowed scientists to discover faraway planets, unravel our genetic code, and even find the subatomic particle responsible for gravity. But imagine a future in which computers don't just use their awesome power to help scientists. Imagine a future in which computer can come up with useful scientific ideas and hypotheses all on their own.

Well, that just happened. As they report in the science journal PLOS, Michael Levin and Daniel Lobo, two computer scientists/biologists at Tufts University, have programed a computer that independently created its own scientific theory. It's one that may solve a 120-year-old mystery in biology that has eluded even our best explanations: exactly how the genes of a sliced-up flatworm conduct its symphony of cells when they regenerate into new organisms.

In this case, a strong AI program replicated solving an advanced physics problem that won a Nobel Prize.

AI learns and recreates Nobel-winning physics experiment

Australian physicists, perhaps searching for a way to shorten the work week, have created an AI that can run and even improve a complex physics experiment with little oversight. The research could eventually allow human scientists to focus on high-level problems and research design, leaving the nuts and bolts to a robotic lab assistant.

The experiment the AI performed was the creation of a Bose-Einstein condensate, a hyper-cold gas, the process for which won three physicists the Nobel Prize in 2001. It involves using directed radiation to slow a group of atoms nearly to a standstill, producing all manner of interesting effects.

Remember Jarvis, the AI program that ran experiments, scheduled Tony Starks appointments, designed improvements to his armor and did his laundry too?

That type of AI system is due in the near future.

This is going to replace any type of managerial, managers assistant, secretarial job over the next two decades. More jobs go *poof*

AI More Like Iron Man's JARVIS Is Coming This Next Decade…Bring It On

You may know early versions of AI as Siri on your iPhone, or IBM's Watson supercomputer.

Watson made headlines back in 2011 by winning Jeopardy, and now it's helping doctors treat cancer patients by processing massive amounts of clinical data and cross-referencing thousands of individual cases and medical outcomes. Apple's Siri rests in the palm of your hand, giving directions, making recommendations and even cracking jokes.

But these are the early, "weak" versions of AI. What's coming this next decade will be more like JARVIS from the movie Iron Man. But this technology won't be just for Tony Stark.

Here advanced AI robots teach each other new knowledge across hundreds of miles of distance.

Teaching old robots new tricks: Machines swap skills 325 miles apart

Teaching old robots new tricks: Machines swap knowledge about how to complete a task despite being hundreds of miles apart
Roboticists trained a research robots to perform a range of simple tasks
These included picking up mugs from a table and placing them on bowls
The instructions were stored in a central database known as RoboBrain
A robot called Baxter 325 miles (523km) used this information to work out how to perform the same task in a different setting

Computers that can control and manipulate matter at the atomic scale are only a generation way.

Scientists want to build a ‘new class of computer’ that can control physical matter - Factor
Researchers in the US have said they want to build a new type of computer that will be able to “control and manipulate” physical matter.

A group of scientists from Stanford University has taken the first step towards this by creating a computer that operates using water.

To be precise, the computer that scientist Manu Prakash has created sees water droplets being manipulated with fluid dynamics.

“We already have digital computers to process information. Our goal is not to compete with electronic computers or to operate word processors on this,” Prakash said.

“Our goal is to build a completely new class of computers that can precisely control and manipulate physical matter.

“Imagine if when you run a set of computations that not only information is processed but physical matter is algorithmically manipulated as well.

“We have just made this possible at the mesoscale.”

The idea behind the complexities sees the droplets acting as bits of information and their movement being utilised to process the information and physical materials at the same time.

Forum List

Back