whinning....

Thanks everybody, for standing up for me, but Count didn't know. I say it so often, I sometimes think I overly talk about it. I'll take this as a hint that I don't overly whine about it. :D

You should switch companies.
See if they have a Beneficial where you live, they are a good company. Or you could see if the state will pay for an IP.

I've been pretty patient up until now, but after today, I will be talking to the company and if things don't change, I'll speak to the DDD counselor about changing companies. I'm also filling out the paperwork and will be getting it notarized so that I can get paid for those hours, then I can hire someone if I can find someone.

I wish you the best. Taking care of anyone full time is a tough job. We have a lady we helped that has a severely retarded child with Chrons [sic] disease. The state sending her a relief worker once a week is a God send for her. This woman has a ton of courage in my eyes. She was told her daughter would not live but a few years and the girl is now an a adult. Caring for someone in that condition for that many years is true love.

I wish you the best. Taking care of anyone full time is a tough job. We have a lady we helped that has a severely retarded child with Chrons [sic] disease. The state sending her a relief worker once a week is a God send for her. This woman has a ton of courage in my eyes. She was told her daughter would not live but a few years and the girl is now an a adult. Caring for someone in that condition for that many years is true love.

Amen

Thanks everybody, for standing up for me, but Count didn't know. I say it so often, I sometimes think I overly talk about it. I'll take this as a hint that I don't overly whine about it. :D

See if they have a Beneficial where you live, they are a good company. Or you could see if the state will pay for an IP.

I've been pretty patient up until now, but after today, I will be talking to the company and if things don't change, I'll speak to the DDD counselor about changing companies. I'm also filling out the paperwork and will be getting it notarized so that I can get paid for those hours, then I can hire someone if I can find someone.

Good luck and God bless!

sometimes when you dont know something...perhaps you should not be sitting in judgement of others....perhaps when you are sitting in judgement of others...you should realize you might not know of everything.....you showed your ass..and now you get the ass chewing you deserve...

Ms. Bones, I really think you should have won the role of Gemma in Sons of Anarchy.

yes, I want to whine. This is the second Monday in a row that my son's caregiver didn't show up and I have to cancel my plans to give out lunches at the church. In fact, in the last 3 weeks, even though I'm suppose to have a caregiver every weekday, I've had one for no more than 4 days.....

The company can't seem to get it's act together. I'm depressed to the point that I don't have nightmares when I sleep, I have mean dreams. Dreamed somebody told me she wished I'd die, so in my dream I just shut down and tried to do that every thing.

It's not so much that I mind taking care of my own sun, it's that I feel trapped and want to get out...Heck I have things I have to do and I can't do them with my son along. So much for the dream of getting a job outside of the home....

no thank you, no cheese with this whine....just wanted to whine.

This thread is not whining.

Whining is when you are complaining about something that is not important and about things that you should be able to deal with as an adult.

This thread is VENTING...and very appropriately so.

As others have said, I will always be here to listen if you need an ear. I hope things get better for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
yes, I want to whine. This is the second Monday in a row that my son's caregiver didn't show up and I have to cancel my plans to give out lunches at the church. In fact, in the last 3 weeks, even though I'm suppose to have a caregiver every weekday, I've had one for no more than 4 days.....

The company can't seem to get it's act together. I'm depressed to the point that I don't have nightmares when I sleep, I have mean dreams. Dreamed somebody told me she wished I'd die, so in my dream I just shut down and tried to do that every thing.

It's not so much that I mind taking care of my own sun, it's that I feel trapped and want to get out...Heck I have things I have to do and I can't do them with my son along. So much for the dream of getting a job outside of the home....

no thank you, no cheese with this whine....just wanted to whine.

This thread is not whining.

Whining is when you are complaining about something that is not important and about things that you should be able to deal with as an adult.

This thread is VENTING...and very appropriately so.

As others have said, I will always be here to listen if you need an ear. I hope things get better for you.

thanks.

Not to be insensitive or anything of the sort As, as I have always thought of you as a friend here on the board, and I'm just thinking out loud... I have no idea what options there are available to you, but would having your son put in some sort of home for disabled children be an option?

Not to be insensitive or anything of the sort As, as I have always thought of you as a friend here on the board, and I'm just thinking out loud... I have no idea what options there are available to you, but would having your son put in some sort of home for disabled children be an option?

We've been on the waiting list for respite care since he was in 2nd grade. We reached the top of the list last June. We had found an Adult Family Home for him the previous January. They closed it last September. I had 8 months without my son 24/7 and it was heaven, I think that's partly why I'm so depressed now. I've been looking for another AFH, but the only one that wants him already has 5 low function young men and only one caregiver. No way would I put him in there. My husband and I can barely handle Andrew together can you imagine 6 of them and ONE caregiver?

I'm still looking, but our state really needs some laws. I hear that in Iowa, their AFHs have to have one caregiver for every 2 residents. Our state allows one for SIX. Now that's not so bad if most of them are high functioning but when they're all like my Andrew that's just plain stupid. It's an accident waiting to happen.

And now we are back at the bottom of the waiting list for respite care....We might actually get some when we are in our 80s, if we make it that long.

We've been on the waiting list for respite care since he was in 2nd grade. We reached the top of the list last June. We had found an Adult Family Home for him the previous January. They closed it last September. I had 8 months without my son 24/7 and it was heaven, I think that's partly why I'm so depressed now. I've been looking for another AFH, but the only one that wants him already has 5 low function young men and only one caregiver. No way would I put him in there. My husband and I can barely handle Andrew together can you imagine 6 of them and ONE caregiver?

I'm still looking, but our state really needs some laws. I hear that in Iowa, their AFHs have to have one caregiver for every 2 residents. Our state allows one for SIX. Now that's not so bad if most of them are high functioning but when they're all like my Andrew that's just plain stupid. It's an accident waiting to happen.

And now we are back at the bottom of the waiting list for respite care....We might actually get some when we are in our 80s, if we make it that long.

My heart goes out to you. As you know, I have a kid with Asperger's, but he's high-functioning so everything is okay for now. However, I have a sister with an 8-year old with Down's Syndrome that is in bad shape. He'll need care for the rest of his life.

{{prayers}}

You're back at the bottom of the list because the home Andrew was in closed? That's ridiculous. Is it that way in the whole state or just your county? Could you move to a different county to find another adult care facility?

This may sound odd but . . . . would you consider moving to another state in order to find an adult home for him?

I wonder if it would be worth your while moving to a different state, as much as it would suck to leave your home.

EDIT: I just read Zoom-Boing's post above mine. :)

Last edited:

You're back at the bottom of the list because the home Andrew was in closed? That's ridiculous. Is it that way in the whole state or just your county? Could you move to a different county to find another adult care facility?

This may sound odd but . . . . would you consider moving to another state in order to find an adult home for him?

When my husband retires, we might possibly move to another state. Our state "Washington" is something like the 6th highest taxed and 50th in what we spend on our disabled.

No, we're back at the bottom of the list because we got to the top while he was in the home, and they don't provide respite care for people who's kids are in AFHs, and rightfully so. The AFH was our respite. But the state closed it and now we are looking for another AFH, meanwhile, we are back at the bottom of the waiting list for respite care. They are always asking us why we can't find someone to take care of him. My parents are gone, my husband's mother is gone and his father refuses to care for Andrew after Andrew had a fit the last time he cared for him. I've hinted at my sisters and brother, but I think they're afraid of him and won't touch the problem. Heck, my brother yelled at me the last time, claiming it was my fault and I should just drop Andrew off and make the state take care of him. For awhile there I was tempted, but I want better for my son.

Let me see if I understand this... You need somebody to watch your son so you can hand out meals at church? Wonder which is more important? Taking care of your son or taking care of somebody else? Sorry, I don't understand. Seems to me like watching your own son would have priority but that's just me.

YOu obviously have never had to take care of a specials needs child.
I don't Sheila, but from what she has wrote on her, her whole life is taking care of her son. And if she wants a break to give out meals at church, or to just go somewhere for a break I am pretty sure she deserves it.

OK.OK. No need for everybody to chew my ass. I have sincerely apologized to her and I do understand the circumstances now. I did not know the circumstances before this and I assumed something different. You know what happens when you assume. As far as taking care of a special needs child, no, I've never done that but I was a corpsman in the Navy for 20 years and took care of a lot of other folks in need - sometimes equal to her son. In her OP, she wasn't entirely clear from the start and I did not know about her son being a special needs person. With that said, time to move on to something different. My ass is raw from it being chewed upon...

Docs rule.:cool:

Switch companies? Hell, this is a prime example of universal, government run healthcare.

Enjoy.:rolleyes:

It's government run healthcare. Get used to it.

Forum List

Back