Whining List

Since some love to bitch and moan so much, here is some fodder. All likely true, but not legitimate excuses.
iu

Since some love to bitch and moan so much, here is some fodder. All likely true, but not legitimate excuses.
Sounds like these teachers were guilty of caring too much. If they were older when they entered the profession, like mid-thirties, they likely would be successful. Too young and idealistic was their problem, seems to me.

Sounds like these teachers were guilty of caring too much. If they were older when they entered the profession, like mid-thirties, they likely would be successful. Too young and idealistic was their problem, seems to me.
Probably so.

I know nurses who’ve quit jobs because they say they “care too much” for the residents and “can’t provide the care they want”

Usually really just means that they couldn’t handle the job.

No nurse will ever admit to not being a very good nurse. Like, never. Instead they imply the opposite. Their bad results and bad experiences are because they’re “too good”.

Young nurses who crash and burn early say they care too much and can’t provide competent care because they’re too busy being good and caring and youthful Angels in White and all the nurses who get their shit done only do so cause they’re old and crusty and cut corners.

I’d imagine a similar dynamic exists in teaching sometimes.

Probably so.

I know nurses who’ve quit jobs because they say they “care too much” for the residents and “can’t provide the care they want”

No nurse will ever admit to not being a very good nurse. Like, never. Instead they imply the opposite. Their bad results and bad experiences are because they’re “too good”.

Young nurses who crash and burn early say they care too much and can’t provide competent care because they’re too busy being good and caring and youthful Angels in White and all the nurses who get their shit done only do so cause they’re old and crusty and cut corners.

A young woman caregiver at a mental hospital once told me that they should lock the doors and drop a bomb on the place. She had been there for only three months.

A young woman caregiver at a mental hospital once told me that they should lock the doors and drop a bomb on the place. She had been there for only three months.
Again, it’s likely she just couldn’t handle it. So instead of admitting as much, she instead claims it was an impossible job.

Society needs psychiatric hospitals and psychiatric hospitals need nurses.

Again, it’s likely she just couldn’t handle it. So instead of admitting as much, she instead claims it was an impossible job.

Society needs psychiatric hospitals and psychiatric hospitals need nurses.
Well, the job sure wasn't for her.

Some of the stories are truly sad.

shooter drills, gang fights, no reading of novels because it wouldn't help the English standardized test, a lot of special ed stories.

Probably so.

Imagine not being able to handle an ever increasing patient to nurse ratio all while having less techs and being required to do more care, on top of staffing shortages that just make the problem worse.

Bunch of snowflakes.

Imagine not being able to handle an ever increasing patient to nurse ratio all while having less techs and being required to do more care, on top of staffing shortages that just make the problem worse.

Bunch of snowflakes.
I can’t speak for hospital nursing, but long term care nursing has always been short staffed and always will be. Having 30 patients to pass meds to on day shift is considered a Tuesday.

These young new grad girls just need to stick it out long enough to learn the residents, learn the routine and learn how to manage their time. They give up to quick and quit.

It doesn’t help that nursing school only teaches the acute care side of nursing, where nurses get 5-7 patients at most. The schools pretty much set them up for failure

I can’t speak for hospital nursing, but long term care nursing has always been short staffed and always will be. Having 30 patients to pass meds to on day shift is considered a Tuesday.

And the trend is just getting worse, especially among floor nurses. The body can only take so much. A floor nurse does so much more than pass meds.

It doesn’t help that nursing school only teaches the acute care side of nursing, where nurses get 5-7 patients at most. The schools pretty much set them up for failure

5-7 patients is a ton when you are doing more than just passing meds.

And the trend is just getting worse, especially among floor nurses. The body can only take so much. A floor nurse does so much more than pass meds.

And there are still those who claim "there are too many people!" Watch what happens in this field (for just one example) when the national population begins to decline.

And there are still those who claim "there are too many people!" Watch what happens in this field (for just one example) when the national population begins to decline.

Plenty of people, they just do not want to do these jobs. Hell, a nurse at the VA can easily bring home more than a 100 grand a year and they still have trouble hiring enough nurses

I’m well aware. Even in LTC I’m still responsible for all the wound care, vital signs, blood sugar checks, charting, noting new orders, calling the doctor when needed, drawing blood, doing admissions, doing discharges, helping the CNA’s with the hands on care (poop patrol) when I have time all in addition to passing pills.

And god forbid someone falls.

But, ain’t no use in complainin when you got a job to do.

Forum List

Back