Which way do you lean on blaming Obama for U.E.?

There have been many studies supporting a very strong correlation between unemployments benefits and unemployment. I.e., states with more generous benefits typically have more, and lengthier unemployment.

I think Welfare should be severely limited to necessity food, for survival, bare minimal, so that its recipients are actually eager to go out and earn.

I think welfare should be tied into community service. We'll give you however much you earn. Every community needs streets cleaned, libraries kept up, trash collected, whatever. Just strikes me as odd that the poorest communities with the most people on welfare are also the dirtiest , nastiest communities around. Let half the people work and let the other half watch th kids and pay them all accordingly and you do the obvious. You get rid of welfare, you employ people and you bring in more tax revenue. Sure they are government employees, but so? At least they are EMPLOYEES

I'd agree if it was 1/2 day's work and the other half a time allotment for job-searching.

That could be workable. I'd have no problem in affect paying them for searching for jobs. but as you know, many are "paid" to sit around on their fat asses doing nothing.

I only collected it once... about 21 years ago. Six months @ about $200/week. That was it. No extensions.. Guess what, I found a job.

I guess it's basically a question for Conservatives.

Is it because unemployment and welfare make people lazy? This position implies that collecting Gubbamint checks incentivises them from taking jobs that ARE THERE.....

Or....

Does Obama's teh oppressive Tax Regime keep employers from hiring? This position implies that jobs AREN'T THERE. If this is the answer, than "people being lazy" just can't be it, because if JOBS AREN'T THERE, to take, because of oppressive taxes or economic anxiety, than what's a playa to do? :eek:

Anyhoot.

Obama's oppressive Tax Regime? You mean all the tax hikes? Can you name them? Can you name one?

Conveniently, we have to wait until after the November elections to see the tax cut sunsets, and the healthcare tax...fee, or whatever the wording is this week for it.
Show a little honesty, deeno....you know they're coming.

Last edited:
Hint:

Google this: "correlation between unemployment benefits and unemployment rates"

There.. happy?

Limited benefits for a limited time for narrowly defined people, most of them with children.

Are you talking about foods stamps or welfare?

My former neighbor (elderly) lived on $300 a month and was denied food stamps. My electric bill is around $200 a month. Add it up.

He was wrongly denied. Look it up in my link I gave you (requirements). It's not very narrow-limited at all. The site practically begs you to apply, also.

Limited benefits for a limited time for narrowly defined people, most of them with children.

My former neighbor (elderly) lived on $300 a month and was denied food stamps. My electric bill is around $200 a month. Add it up.

What did you do to help your neighbor?

There have been many studies supporting a very strong correlation between unemployments benefits and unemployment. I.e., states with more generous benefits typically have more, and lengthier unemployment.
Link?

How lazy are you? Ever heard of Google?

Jesus. Do your own research.

The funniest, I guess, part about Ravi is that she posts bullshit all the time and then runs when asked for proof. And even if you DO provide her proof she'll poopoo the source or claim it's a lie anyway.

Ravi is a joke.

Link, because I don't believe that at all.

How lazy are you? Ever heard of Google?

Jesus. Do your own research.

The funniest, I guess, part about Ravi is that she posts bullshit all the time and then runs when asked for proof. And even if you DO provide her proof she'll poopoo the source or claim it's a lie anyway.

Ravi is a joke.

Yep. Actually Laffer has some great research on the subject... but unless it's Paul Krugman, who is now insisting we haven't gone far enough into debt, Ravioli will have nothing of it.

Forum List

Back