Which way do you lean on blaming Obama for U.E.?

Limited benefits for a limited time for narrowly defined people, most of them with children.

Are you talking about foods stamps or welfare?

My former neighbor (elderly) lived on $300 a month and was denied food stamps. My electric bill is around $200 a month. Add it up.

He was wrongly denied. Look it up in my link I gave you (requirements). It's not very narrow-limited at all. The site practically begs you to apply, also.

She must have had assests of over $3,000 squirreled away somewhere because that is the criteria here.

Limited benefits for a limited time for narrowly defined people, most of them with children.

My former neighbor (elderly) lived on $300 a month and was denied food stamps. My electric bill is around $200 a month. Add it up.

P.s. --> If you think someone on Food Stamps' Electric bill is $200 a month, like yours, you're grossly mistaking unless they're either A: living grossly beyond their means, B: Not really in need of food stamps, or C: In a high-COL area like L.A.

He was wrongly denied. Look it up in my link I gave you (requirements). It's not very narrow-limited at all. The site practically begs you to apply, also.

She must have had assests of over $3,000 squirreled away somewhere because that is the criteria here.

Well again, read my link. Assets are not included in assessing your need. It's right in the beginning.

Last edited:
This means that the household’s assets (stocks, savings and retirement accounts, etc.) are not considered when determining eligibility. Please note that if you apply for food stamp benefits, you still may be asked to provide information regarding such resources.

P.s. --> If you think someone on Food Stamps' Electric bill is $200 a month, like yours, you're grossly mistaking unless they're either A: living grossly beyond their means, B: Not really in need of food stamps, or C: In a high-COL area like L.A.

I dunno, summers in New Orleans are routinely 92+ with heat indexes in the 100's. I can see $200 bill, mine hovers around $300 to $400.

Weren't states actually advertising for people to enroll for food stamps?
Yes. The program is to HELP people not end up starving in the streets and begging. Why not let people know it is there to help?

Look I'm not even trying to argue with ya girl....but check it:

If someone's starving, they KNOW there's welfare and food stamps out there if they've been ALIVE for five minutes.

The reason they're advertising it to people who "might not know" if they're eligible or not, is because they're over-compensating.....seemingly on-purpose. (if you "might not know" if you're eligible, you're not starving.................and like I said, food stamps/welfare should be bare minimum just survival.......to incentivise finding work).

I dunno, summers in New Orleans are routinely 92+ with heat indexes in the 100's. I can see $200 bill, mine hovers around $300 to $400.

In a low budget apartment?

I'm just giving you a picture of what it costs to cool a house in my neighborhood. Of course her bill would be lower, as she's only one person. But that is just one expense. Property tax, income tax, doctor visits, etc...$300 doesn't go far.

Anyway she ended up selling her house and moving out of state where she could live more cheaply. Not many have that choice.

Unemployment does not pay ANYONE what they were making before they were laid off, so if the girl said she was making 12 bucks an hour on UE, then she was probably making $18 bucks an hour when she was working, at minimum if she was collecting $12 bucks an hour on UE, 10 bucks an hour would be too little if her pay was $18 an hour or more.

And i HIGHLY DOUBT she was not competent enough to be paid $12 bucks an hour from you lonestar, when she had already proved via her last job she could produce enough as a worker to cover her $18 an hour.

Unemployment is meant to give the person laid off, TIME to find a comparable job since most states are 'at will' states and employers can lay anyone off for any reason at any time of the day....

Well again, read my link. Assets are not included in assessing your need. It's right in the beginning.
New York isn't Florida. States set their own rules.

Weren't states actually advertising for people to enroll for food stamps?
Yes. The program is to HELP people not end up starving in the streets and begging. Why not let people know it is there to help?

Look I'm not even trying to argue with ya girl....but check it:

If someone's starving, they KNOW there's welfare and food stamps out there if they've been ALIVE for five minutes.

The reason they're advertising it to people who "might not know" if they're eligible or not, is because they're over-compensating.....seemingly on-purpose. (if you "might not know" if you're eligible, you're not starving.................and like I said, food stamps/welfare should be bare minimum just survival.......to incentivise finding work).
:lol: You have a lot more faith in the intelligence of the average American than I do.

unemployment_Demotivational_Posters_2010-s500x400-37301-580.jpg

Forum List

Back