Which Seems More Plausible..... ?

Which seems more plausible?

• Abraham is the MOST special human who ever lived.

• Arab ego at the dawn of documentation.

Results are only viewable after voting.
THE Creator of Life and The Universe singling out an individual male from The Middle East as "The Apple of HIS Eye",

or

Arab ego? :dunno:

Hows about we stop squabbling over the past and which ancient Arab story is the true and correct pathway to The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an, instead celebrate The God of (insert your name here), and start looking forward to our species working together to explore the stars?

Just a thought....

It's all about how a message about a future event can pass along humans in the timeline of humanity. Starting from Abraham and his descendants the Jews, a whole theology has been passed along accurately (in comparison to any other human documents). The theological accuracy can be told by comparing today's Jewish Bible with the contents of Dead Sea Scrolls.

In another word, if you have a theology about a future lying ahead of humans and would like this theology to pass along humans across history, from no paper till after the invention of paper, you need to do the same and by employing a religion. (of course provided that you have a good reason to hide behind instead of showing up to humans to tell them directly, the Christianity God can't show up to everyone because humans need faith to be saved in accordance to a covenant currently in place)

The Dead Sea Scroll says that humans can have a library of books survived more than 2000 years by means of a religion. No secular ancient manuscripts can ever survive this long, such that today's human can come to the conclusion that what the God said in OT more than 2000 years ago, remains theologically the same as what humans read today. No other secular documents can have this effect, simply no any set of books with their ancient manuscripts can survive a 2000 years of human history for today's humans to make such a comparison (i.e., today's contents as a set of books versus the same set of books in ancient manuscripts).

Last edited:
This is another false premise, you assume too much. You posit that since I dont conclude god, I havent adequately sought.

Read my post again. From what I wrote, you inferred that I posit that you haven't adequately sought God.

What I actually said is that people have sought and experienced God, and that people today can do the same, have done the same, and have found God. It is worth seeking, it is worth exploring because God is.

This is another false premise, you assume too much. You posit that since I dont conclude god, I havent adequately sought.

Read my post again. From what I wrote, you inferred that I posit that you haven't adequately sought God.

What I actually said is that people have sought and experienced God, and that people today can do the same, have done the same, and have found God. It is worth seeking, it is worth exploring because God is.
I asked you pretty straight forward questions. Do you, or dont you, have logical syllogisms and/or rational( 1+1 =2, not potato)& linear thought processes which should lead someone to conclude a deity.....

So far, youve posted all meta garbage about seekers and the blind, as well as hearsay testimony which is not an empirical foundation for anything.

I asked you pretty straight forward questions. Do you, or dont you, have logical syllogisms and/or rational( 1+1 =2, not potato)& linear thought processes which should lead someone to conclude a deity.....

So far, youve posted all meta garbage about seekers and the blind, as well as hearsay testimony which is not an empirical foundation for anything.

You are asking me for physical evidence, are you not? What physical evidence do you expect to find from what is Spirit? It is like handing me a rock and insisting I prove the vast ocean by that rock.

The way to God is through faith. The testimony and accounts of people now and down through the ages works like a map to those who truly want to put the time and energy into seeking God.

The first two Commandments present excellent advice: Put God above all else. Second, don't present God with tests, as that is a waste of time. Start there, with the first two Commandments. Which, of course, are hearsay. ;)

You are asking me for physical evidence, are you not? What physical evidence do you expect to find from what is Spirit? It is like handing me a rock and insisting I prove the vast ocean by that rock.

The way to God is through faith. The testimony and accounts of people now and down through the ages works like a map to those who truly want to put the time and energy into seeking God.

The first two Commandments present excellent advice: Put God above all else. Second, don't present God with tests, as that is a waste of time. Start there, with the first two Commandments. Which, of course, are hearsay. ;)
You dont acquire knowledge by starting with the conclusion... and working backwards. Thats how dogma works, and why the bible was written that way.

Hell, faith as a justification? Thats terrible, in terms of a rational decision. One could use faith to justify literally ANYthing.

"The reason I believe that lollypop sticks still speak to their ancestor trees is simply a matter of faith."

Im sorry this convo didnt bear any fruit, Meri....but still and all it was enjoyable and worth my time. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Im sorry this convo didnt bear any fruit, Meri....but still and all it was enjoyable and worth my time. Hope you have a great weekend!!

I wish you a great weekend as well. Sometimes fruit takes a while to grow. And some of the best fruit is out on a limb. :)

The reality is that anyone who has spent any time at all earnestly studying nature and the evolution of space and time cannot help but see purpose in creation.
Sp what's the purpose?
For intelligence to evolve in consciousness which requires it to evolve in conscience.
Dumbest answer yet. Prove it.
Which part that the universe became self aware or that consciousness is evolving or that for consciousness to evolve conscience must evolve?
You call that proof? :auiqs.jpg:

I wish you a great weekend as well. Sometimes fruit takes a while to grow. And some of the best fruit is out on a limb. :)
You can't convince people whose sole intention is to validate their own beliefs.

GT and Avg Joe have their minds made up. They want physical proof of something which is spiritual.

I try to walk them through what the physical data implies but they run from that discussion. They are afraid of it.

The reality is that anyone who has spent any time at all earnestly studying nature and the evolution of space and time cannot help but see purpose in creation.
Sp what's the purpose?
For intelligence to evolve in consciousness which requires it to evolve in conscience.
Dumbest answer yet. Prove it.
Which part that the universe became self aware or that consciousness is evolving or that for consciousness to evolve conscience must evolve?
You call that proof? :auiqs.jpg:
Proof? You didn't ask for proof, Taz. You asked what the purpose of creation is. Proof that consciousness and conscience are evolving are right in front of your nose. The proof is undeniable. Even you cannot deny that 14 billion years ago space and time began and since that time has evolved beings that know and create. That consciousness is the most complex thing the universe has produced. And that like every stage of the evolution of space and time before it, consciousness is evolving. It is literally undeniable. And all of this happened according to the laws of nature which existed before space and time itself; physical laws, biological laws and moral laws. All of these rules have produced beings that know and create who are evolving in consciousness and conscience. To deny this fact is to deny science itself.

You can't convince people whose sole intention is to validate their own beliefs.

GT and Avg Joe have their minds made up. They want physical proof of something which is spiritual.

I try to walk them through what the physical data implies but they run from that discussion. They are afraid of it.
Youre not invited to rational discussions with me because youre a 12 year old girl about it.

If anyone was scared, theyd not engage all the other folks who ARENT 12 year old girls about it.

Food for thought weirdo, stroke your ego some more.

Beliefs can be expanded. I can believe dogs make fine pets without that invalidating the belief that green vegetables are healthy for us. There is so much knowledge available to us, with more new information available every day. A love of science does not preclude a love of philosophy and the spiritual realm.

Youre not invited to rational discussions with me because youre a 12 year old girl about it.

If anyone was scared, theyd not engage all the other folks who ARENT 12 year old girls about it.

You really should turn a critical eye towards yourself, GT.

I think i'll be just fine, dingerred. I take advice from folks worth taking advice from....youre not quite there

THE Creator of Life and The Universe singling out an individual male from The Middle East as "The Apple of HIS Eye",

or

Hows about we stop squabbling over the past and which ancient Arab story is the true and correct pathway to The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an, instead celebrate The God of (insert your name here), and start looking forward to our species working together to explore the stars?

Just a thought....
Only if we can puff-puff a doobie.

I think i'll be just fine, dingerred. I take advice from folks worth taking advice from....youre not quite there
Did that guy with the plank in his eye tell you about the dust particle in your eye?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Did that guy with the plank in his eye tell you about the dust particle in your eye?
I think so, man. What the fuck is happening to common sense, logical, ball busting at times, normal fucking decent human beings?

The internet is a breeding-grounds for fuckin narcissistic psychos to scapegoat their insecurities consequence free. Life doesnt work like that.

Beliefs can be expanded. I can believe dogs make fine pets without that invalidating the belief that green vegetables are healthy for us. There is so much knowledge available to us, with more new information available every day. A love of science does not preclude a love of philosophy and the spiritual realm.
I don't disagree but I disagree that they are interested in opening their mind to challenge their biases which are more about organized religion than evidence for a creator.

Aquinas believed that God can be proved through logic and so do I. To argue there is no evidence for a creator is incorrect. We have tons of evidence.

or

Just a thought....
Or...silly me...but love god, whichever god with all your heart...and love your neighbor like yourself... :p

I think so, man. What the fuck is happening to common sense, logical, ball busting at times, normal fucking decent human beings?

The internet is a breeding-grounds for fuckin narcissistic psychos to scapegoat their insecurities consequence free. Life doesnt work like that.
I enjoy my indignation it's easier on the respectability chart, especiall since I rate a "Don't give a fuck"...

or

Just a thought....
Or...silly me...but love god, whichever god with all your heart...and love your neighbor like yourself... :p
I know her husband would like that..

Forum List

Back