Which Religion should the Government endorse as the official US Religion?

CaughtInTheMid

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2012
Which religion (and denomination) should the US Government endorse as the official religion of our country? And why?

The government has already done this. It's atheisim, or a subcult, human secularism.

Its what some want in this country.

They want a christian nation.

The founders didnt want that.

The government has already done this. It's atheisim, or a subcult, human secularism.

Exactly.

As we see the only way to get elected and become a member of gov't, is to be an atheist.

That's why politicians spend so much time proving to everyone on the campaign trail how atheist they are.

There is an argument that is made that goes something like 'the 1st Amendment to the Constitution is first because it describes the most important, in the minds of the framers, of our Freedoms'. I do not disagree with that assertion but I like to take it to its next step. If the 1st Amendment is first because it's freedoms are the most important than I have to also assume that within the Amendment that the order in which things were addressed equally demonstrates their importance in the minds of the framers. So then I read the Amendment itself and look to see what they put first. And what do I find? The very first phrase of the 1st Amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," and what that first guarantee does is free us FROM religion. It is not until the second phrase that we are given freedom Of religion, should we chose to exercise it. And we we see what was thought to be most important to the Framers of the Constitution, our patriotic forefathers. They first put in a shield to keep Religion out of Government, and that in deed and in fact is the most important thing they did for us.

Forum List

Back