Which Religion should the Government endorse as the official US Religion?

Which religion (and denomination) should the US Government endorse as the official religion of our country? And why?

An official US religion is unconstitutional. That's what the whole "Separation Clause" was written to prohibit.

And where can I find this "Separation Clause"?

Seriously? You don't know what part of the Constitution this comes from???

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Please, tell me you're screwing with us.

An official US religion is unconstitutional. That's what the whole "Separation Clause" was written to prohibit.

What I'm screwing with is the assumption that there is such a thing as a "Separation Clause". The 1st Amendment was written to prohibit the establishment of a STATE religion, not to prohibit religion.

another adherent to idiocy speaks

Can you tell me where I might find this separation clause, or are you just going to sit there and fling shit like a simpleton simian?

pull your head out of your ass, and when your eyes become accustomed to the light, grab a copy of the constitution and read it.

I'm asking you to point it out. If you can't, just admit it.

The worship of money. Here is the sacred symbol: $

rncflag.jpg

What I'm screwing with is the assumption that there is such a thing as a "Separation Clause". The 1st Amendment was written to prohibit the establishment of a STATE religion, not to prohibit religion.

Did you even READ the thread title?
Here...
Which Religion should the Government endorse as the official US Religion?

The answer is none, because the 1st amendment, also known commonly as the separation clause, prohibits the establishment of an official US religion, as referred to in the thread title.

Neither I, not the person you initially responded to, has said that 'religion' itself is prohibited by the 'separation clause'... just that 'the establishment of an official US religion' is prohibited.

Seriously.. you're fucking with us, right?

Who is it that says the "Separation Clause" prohibits religion?

Its what some want in this country.

They want a christian nation.

The founders didnt want that.

Can you point us to anything in the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Federalist papers etc. that demonstrates that the founders did not want a nation of Christians, or Jews, or any other denomination?

I'll wait......

Forum List

Back