Zone1 Which prophesies do Jews accept for the coming Messiah in the OT?

From annihilation. In your religion, do you have an afterlife? What allows you to be saved from destruction?
What do you see as the main purpose of faith/religion? It appears that some Christian denominations put emphasis mainly on the afterlife.

Other faiths/denominations see God in our midst, and working with us, in living this life. Christians believe that Christ redeemed the world, and the Way of Salvation was opened to everyone. He confirmed sins are forgiven and the Way of Salvation is discerning the will of God and following it.

Study of Hebrew scriptures (what Christians call the Old Testament) will note that this older Testament/Covenant was with a specifically chosen people set forth to live the Way of God and follow His will in the Laws He set before them. It has been their way of life over the centuries, dating well before Christianity when the Way was open to everyone who chooses to believe that one should discern the will of God and follow it.

Many people of the Jewish faith believe this life should be the present focus...the afterlife will take care of itself.

What do you see as the main purpose of faith/religion? It appears that some Christian denominations put emphasis mainly on the afterlife.

Other faiths/denominations see God in our midst, and working with us, in living this life. Christians believe that Christ redeemed the world, and the Way of Salvation was opened to everyone. He confirmed sins are forgiven and the Way of Salvation is discerning the will of God and following it.

Study of Hebrew scriptures (what Christians call the Old Testament) will note that this older Testament/Covenant was with a specifically chosen people set forth to live the Way of God and follow His will in the Laws He set before them. It has been their way of life over the centuries, dating well before Christianity when the Way was open to everyone who chooses to believe that one should discern the will of God and follow it.

Many people of the Jewish faith believe this life should be the present focus...the afterlife will take care of itself.
And they are wrong because they embrace only HALF the truth. The OT points directly to a suffering Messiah, His death, and His bodily resurrection.

And they are wrong because they embrace only HALF the truth. The OT points directly to a suffering Messiah, His death, and His bodily resurrection.
And I say they are no more "wrong" than anyone else. It is true they do not see/accept the overlay of the New Testament with the Old Testament. Both scriptures are a chronicle of God in the midst of His people in the here and now--how He, all through the ages, continues to reach out and gather His people to Himself.

Note how He asked/commanded the Israelites to be a distinct people, living in a very distinct way. Jesus was also distinct, living in a distinct way. Are Christians today following this distinct way?

To me it appears many say, "Jesus is my Lord and Savior and now I go my own way," which is not what Christ's life, death, and resurrection is all about. Are Christians following the Way of Christ, or are we going every which direction--i.e., our own way? Who are more distinct--Christians or Jews?

Wrong once again. G-d never revealed His Will on some golden tablets, nor does He have America as part of the overall plan of redemption. America is NOT Israel.
Yes he did. Prove them wrong. It’s been tried hundreds of times and failed every time.

Yes he did. Prove them wrong. It’s been tried hundreds of times and failed every time.
Can't prove a negative. LDS see possibilities and follow them. I wish them well...go where the Spirit leads if you strongly believe it is the Spirit leading you, keeping in mind the Spirit blows where it wills. The appointed way for many others may not be your Way. Leave us to go in peace following an older path, one that began in Genesis and leads to God alone. The LDS way is for those who feel led to become Gods.

And I say they are no more "wrong" than anyone else. It is true they do not see/accept the overlay of the New Testament with the Old Testament. Both scriptures are a chronicle of God in the midst of His people in the here and now--how He, all through the ages, continues to reach out and gather His people to Himself.

Note how He asked/commanded the Israelites to be a distinct people, living in a very distinct way. Jesus was also distinct, living in a distinct way. Are Christians today following this distinct way?

To me it appears many say, "Jesus is my Lord and Savior and now I go my own way," which is not what Christ's life, death, and resurrection is all about. Are Christians following the Way of Christ, or are we going every which direction--i.e., our own way? Who are more distinct--Christians or Jews?
G-d made it clear there is one, and ONLY one way to Him, and that is through His Son (John 14:6). Plus, being a Christian is not performance based, you cannot "work" your way to heaven no matter how many laws you attempt to follow, because in the end, you will still fall short. That is where most people get it wrong, even believers who think you have to do this and that in order to gain G-d's favor. All He asks of us is to totally surrender our will, our desires, our very lives to Him without reservation. And if you dig deeper in the OT, that is really a foreshadowing of the coming Moshiach. Let me give you a little homework. Read Yeshua's crucifixion account in the Gospel of Matthew. When He cries out "eloi, eloi, lama sabacthani" translated it says "My G-d, My G-d. Why have you forsaken Me?"
Then go to the 22nd Psalm and read it through.

Last edited:
You blatantly disregard John's warning, G-d's warning in Revelation. That book closes out Scripture.
John wrote Revelations before John 1, 2 and 3. So, we have to discard them. And, we have to discard all the New Testament because the same thing is in Deuteronomy. That means all the other books in the OT are null-In void too.

G-d made it clear there is one, and ONLY one way to Him, and that is through His Son
Do you believe the Son is the Word of God? As far back as Exodus, God chose a people to follow His Word. The Word is our shepherd and he noted he had more than one flock....

As a whole, who better discerns the will/word of God and follows it? Which people are more distinct in living this way?

Do you believe the Son is the Word of God? As far back as Exodus, God chose a people to follow His Word. The Word is our shepherd and he noted he had more than one flock....

As a whole, who better discerns the will/word of God and follows it? Which people are more distinct in living this way?
The members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

John wrote Revelations before John 1, 2 and 3. So, we have to discard them. And, we have to discard all the New Testament because the same thing is in Deuteronomy. That means all the other books in the OT are null-In void too.
In Biblical times it was a standard conclusion about a paper/book that pertained only to what he had written. It wasn't intended for an entire library or collection of books.

The second person in the Triune G-dhead, the Living Word of G-d. John 1:1 states in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with G-d, and the Word WAS G-d. Also, John 1:12 dispels the notion of "universal" salvation" There is only one way to Him. Only Yeshua made the claim to be G-d Himself, even so much as declared Himself the I AM (John 8:58 "Before Abraham was I am). Because of His sinless nature, He was the only one qualified to be the perfect Lamb of G-d, sacrificed for the sin of mankind.

In Biblical times it was a standard conclusion about a paper/book that pertained only to what he had written. It wasn't intended for an entire library or collection of books.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

But not really? Yes, Mormons are the only true Christian because they are The Church of Jesus Christ. The Latter-day Saints is to differentiate between the Saints of Jesus time and our time.
Yes I agree traditional Christians, in the dark ages of popes, completely lost their connection to god. The religion is no longer authentic. Bible heavily edited.

I came to the same conclusion Joseph smith came to. Only I’m not a con man so I didn’t start a new religion.

I put him in the same category I put slick reverends, ministers and priests who know it’s a racket and cash in. All the frauds on tv.

I wish the religious channels had a Mormon show.

Forum List

Back