Zone1 The Pope is Against War

Just like always! I cannot remember a single war in my lifetime that the pope cheered on. Wouldn't be prudent for 'God's Man on Earth'.
My advice to any pope or clergy for that matter is to go back through the Old Testament. Once they can write a treatise on wars/violence God favored and why God was wrong to favor them, they just might have something new to say.

What happens if Israel gives in this day? What happens next?

Just like always! I cannot remember a single war in my lifetime that the pope cheered on. Wouldn't be prudent for 'God's Man on Earth'.

You'd think it'd be very fitting for the head of a religion to be into war, seeing how many people start wars based on religion.

My advice to any pope or clergy for that matter is to go back through the Old Testament. Once they can write a treatise on wars/violence God favored and why God was wrong to favor them, they just might have something new to say.

What happens if Israel gives in this day? What happens next?
New testament supplanted the old.

No more "eye for eye". Now it's supposed to be "turn the other cheek".

"War" is defending yourself when a home invader breaks into your home.

Would you defend yourself if someone breaks into your home, kills your family and kidnapped your wife and child?

That's all war is. That "man of God" is very naive and foolish

New testament supplanted the old.

No more "eye for eye". Now it's supposed to be "turn the other cheek".
Are you aware that in the time of Jesus, "Turn the other cheek," was in fact a dare to admit the opponent was your equal in the social strata?

The New Testament is where we are given the example of laying down our own lives for those of our friends.

Are you aware that in the time of Jesus, "Turn the other cheek," was in fact a dare to admit the opponent was your equal in the social strata?

The New Testament is where we are given the example of laying down our own lives for those of our friends.
Pretty sure that's not what they're getting at here.

Matt.5 Verses 38 to 48​

1. [38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.[40] And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.[41] And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.[42] Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.[43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;[45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.[46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?[47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Good try though.

This is not a "war"... this fighting in Gaza is self defense and a search for hostages.... you do know taking civilian hostages in a crime right?... so explain how this is a war....

Clever for Deep State to use Popeye as control opposition to the Neocons .

Really beefs up Project Chaos .

You'd think it'd be very fitting for the head of a religion to be into war, seeing how many people start wars based on religion.
That is a lie

No one fights a war to make you worship God or a god.

They fight wars to control you and your wealth period.

The end.

God gives us freedom, but man takes it away.

Forum List

Back