Which one is a civilised country ?

Its interesting to contrast the progressive and pragmatic approach of our Celtic friends with the confrontational and backward stance of the French.

The hijab is now an official part of police uniform in Scotland
hijab-stock-photo.jpg

How many armed cops does it take to get a woman to strip ?

View attachment 86861

We'll see how progressive they remain if the goat humpers start staging attacks there.

They have. Pan Am 103, Airport 2007. Plus it's bloody cold up there.

Greg

I really don't see why it is anyone's business what someone else wears?? I wear stuff that makes my kids cringe but I wear it anyway. I'm much more concerned about the real threats; assholes wearing suicide belts and having murderous intent.

It's less about clothes than it is about assimilation to the society you live in.

I really don't see why it is anyone's business what someone else wears?? I wear stuff that makes my kids cringe but I wear it anyway. I'm much more concerned about the real threats; assholes wearing suicide belts and having murderous intent.

It's less about clothes than it is about assimilation to the society you live in.

That may be the case in some people's minds but to me it's just about clothes. Seems petty to me. I'd much rather have them spend money on lifesavers than worrying about what the swimmers are wearing.

Greg

Hey Limey...does that pic of Putin and Donald shirtless, get you horny?
Off topic. Dont you understand the question ?

what question tommy I am taken with the kind of photoshopped pictures that filth and scum use

France or Scotland ?

Looking at all the evidence it has to be France, seeing as Scotland is the most racist nation in the Union. Try walking through Edinboroug with a small union jack badge in your lapel........................

Tammy admits to beating up English supporters; evidently it made him feel more Welsh. Hooligans are like that.

Greg
That is not the case. I have never been involved in football violence.

That may be the case in some people's minds but to me it's just about clothes. Seems petty to me. I'd much rather have them spend money on lifesavers than worrying about what the swimmers are wearing.

Get them to assimilate to the culture and you don't have to worry about either group.

what question tommy I am taken with the kind of photoshopped pictures that filth and scum use

France or Scotland ?

Looking at all the evidence it has to be France, seeing as Scotland is the most racist nation in the Union. Try walking through Edinboroug with a small union jack badge in your lapel........................

Tammy admits to beating up English supporters; evidently it made him feel more Welsh. Hooligans are like that.

Greg

You said that you beat up England supporters. Stop lying.

Greg

Get them to assimilate to the culture and you don't have to worry about either group.

I agree but what has that to do with wearing clothes?

Greg

France or Scotland ?

Greg

Greg
No I didnt. I said that when I was younger I had fights with English youths. It was part of growing up in a Border town.

France or Scotland ?

Greg

Greg
No I didnt. I said that when I was younger I had fights with English youths. It was part of growing up in a Border town.

I'll see if Tilly has the post. You mentioned touring English teams in the same post. You sure you're not telling fibs again???

Greg

Greg

Greg

I'll see if Tilly has the post. You mentioned touring English teams in the same post. You sure you're not telling fibs again???

Greg
Yes I believe she has a file with all my posts in it.

So you are happy for the state to tell you what you can and cant wear ?

Not the State, but Society. I'll give you an example.....

Let's assume Saudi Arabia had a non-theocratic government, but it's society still expected women to wear burkas in public. Any Western woman visiting Saudi Arabia under those conditions should be expected to wear a burka, since it is the tradition of the society.

So you are happy for the state to tell you what you can and cant wear ?

Not the State, but Society. I'll give you an example.....

Let's assume Saudi Arabia had a non-theocratic government, but it's society still expected women to wear burkas in public. Any Western woman visiting Saudi Arabia under those conditions should be expected to wear a burka, since it is the tradition of the society.
In this instance it is the state telling people what they can wear. Although I accept that society pressure is also a factor. Its tough being a woman.

I dont think that people anywhere should have their clothing dictated to by anyone. Either to wear a burqa or not.

In this instance it is the state telling people what they can wear. Although I accept that society pressure is also a factor. Its tough being a woman.

I dont think that people anywhere should have their clothing dictated to by anyone. Either to wear a burqa or not.

It's the States, at the behest of the People.

Life is tough. Suck it up, cupcakes.

We'll have to disagree on the clothing issue.

It's the States, at the behest of the People.

Life is tough. Suck it up, cupcakes.

We'll have to disagree on the clothing issue.
The people havent requested it though. And in fact the French Courts have yet to decide if the ban is legal.

The people havent requested it though. And in fact the French Courts have yet to decide if the ban is legal.

As I understand it from the news reports I've read (realizing I'm on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean and generally don't give a shit what happens in Europe) is that these 15 towns have reacted to concern from their citizens about people wearing distinctly religious garb in public after the recent terrorist attacks.

France or Scotland ?

Greg
Maybe, but violence, by your own admission, yes:

Tammy: " I am Welsh and in my younger days I liked nothing more than laying fists on our English oppressors."

Backing the Rebs !!

I doubt there will be any problems with the courts, even the ECHR upheld the burqa ban:

Judges at the European court of human rights (ECHR) have upheld France's burqa ban, accepting Paris's argument that it encouraged citizens to "live together".

The law, introduced in 2010, makes it illegal for anyone to cover their face in a public place. While it also covers balaclavas and hoods, the ban has been criticised as targeting Muslim women...

France's burqa ban upheld by human rights court

Forum List

Back