Where Is The Lefty Outrage at Obama for sending 17,000 new troops to Afghanistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, he said we needed to bring our troops out of Iraq and that we needed to finish the job Bush neglected in Afghanistan.

tell me why did we go to afganistan......

We went into Afghanistan to remove the goverment of Afghanistan from power... and to pursue the elements of Al Qaeda which that government harbored... and kill them.

Which we did, in spades...

Of course what will now happen is that the forces of Islamic Terrorism will mount a spring offensive... this will result in US casualties, the counter attacks will focus on population centers from which the offensives will be mounted, 'innocent civilians' will be killed... President Hussein will dramatically alter the Rules of Engagement which determine the means by which US troops can engage their enemies... this will embolden the terrorists... and President Hussein will begin to micro-manage the war... where he will order certain 'tactically critical land to be taken; whereupon once the specific threat is dispatched he'll leave it for the enemy to move right back in... this will justifiably undermine the confidence of the Local Indigenous People, who will have little choice but to concede to and cooperate with the enemy... This will result in the enemy gaining the means to mount successful mass raids on small US garrisons, where the new ROEs will result decreased combat efficiency and greater US casualties... in that will result in what will be reported as 'A major combat losses for US troops;' by the Leftist "MSM;" who will eventually declare the "War in Afghanistan is now Un-winnable" and the Lord of the Idiots will begin 'Peace Talks' with the enemy... Continual Reports of US attrocities will be reported, which will require more stringent and restrictive ROEs, resulting in greater US casualties; this will result in a more defensive posture... emboldening the enemy... the military will call for GREATER NUMBERS OF TROOPS to be sent in... and President Hussein will comply... SENDING IN MORE TROOPS, because he will not want to be seen as having "LOST THE WAR," so he'll exponentially increase hsi micro-management, where his policy failures will exponentially multiply and the phrase "Peace with Honor" will once again become the Mantra of the glorious Middle... While the anarcho-communist and the tired, but anxious dirty-feet freaks sit in mass to protest and declare that patriotism means "Bringing the troops home..."

Where upon the 2012 election will hinge on the various "Secret Plans" to "Get us out of Afghanistan..."

Read your History... it's the best way to predict the future. Hell, go to the Dentist and pick up a magazine... it was just last year...

Last edited:
I guess it's ok when he does it because Obama is not an oil-sucking Arab hating racist.

When Bush does it, he's the Devil himself.:evil:

But when Obama does it, it's cute:tongue:

I thought he made a commitment to do this during the election. Didn't he?

yes he did actually.....but why let facts get in the way of a good obama bashing.......

My jury's still out on BO, and I'll happily bash him when I think it's merited. But bullshit is bullshit.

you know was in san francsico today having lunch at a sidewalk cafe.....and i missed the protesters ..... obama can't just send troopstoinvade another nation without un congressional ad world approval......that is acting unilatterally....that is bad....

Personally, I think Bin Laden has been dead since 2002-2003. There were two camps where they thought he could have been. They bombed both, and I have never seen him on any film since. If you were to remember...he kind of like being in front of a camera..a lot. Nothing since then. Just my humble opinion.

I guess it's ok when he does it because Obama is not an oil-sucking Arab hating racist.

I agree with the afghanistan surge..

Let Americas finest get Usama Bin Laden!!! or at least verify his remains...

This region has more to do with the 'war on terror' than anything Hussein and Iraq did... well until W created the condition in the Iraq he was supposed to be fighting...

I hope the US troops bring hell to' em!!!

Last edited:
actually, he said we needed to bring our troops out of Iraq and that we needed to finish the job Bush neglected in Afghanistan.

tell me why did we go to afganistan......

We went into Afghanistan to remove the goverment of Afghanistan from power... and to pursue the elements of Al Qaeda which that government harbored... and kill them.

Which we did, in spades...

Of course what will now happen is that the forces of Islamic Terrorism will mount a spring offensive... this will result in US casualties, the counter attacks will focus on population centers from which the offensives will be mounted, 'innocent civilians' will be killed... President Hussein will dramatically alter the Rules of Engagement which determine the means by which US troops can engage their enemies... this will embolden the terrorists... and President Hussein will begin to micro-manage the war... where he will order certain 'tactically critical land to be taken; whereupon once the specific threat is dispatched he'll leave it for the enemy to move right back in... this will justifiably undermine the confidence of the Local Indigenous People, who will have little choice but to concede to and cooperate with the enemy... This will result in the enemy gaining the means to mount successful mass raids on small US garrisons, where the new ROEs will result decreased combat efficiency and greater US casualties... in that will result in what will be reported as 'A major combat losses for US troops;' by the Leftist "MSM;" who will eventually declare the "War in Afghanistan is now Un-winnable" and the Lord of the Idiots will begin 'Peace Talks' with the enemy... Continual Reports of US attrocities will be reported, which will require more stringent and restrictive ROEs, resulting in greater US casualties; this will result in a more defensive posture... emboldening the enemy... the military will call for GREATER NUMBERS OF TROOPS to be sent in... and President Hussein will comply... SENDING IN MORE TROOPS, because he will not want to be seen as having "LOST THE WAR," so he'll exponentially increase hsi micro-management, where his policy failures will exponentially multiply and the phrase "Peace with Honor" will once again become the Mantra of the glorious Middle... While the anarcho-communist and the tired, but anxious dirty-feet freaks sit in mass to protest and declare that patriotism means "Bringing the troops home..."

Where upon the 2012 election will hinge on the various "Secret Plans" to "Get us out of Afghanistan..."

Read your History... it's the best way to predict the future. Hell, go to the Dentist and pick up a magazine... it was just last year...

I agree.. history is important.. and can help predict the future... but one has to curious enough to read it..

Perhaps we should just do what W in did in Iraq.. pay them with American tax dollars to not fight each other.. plays well in the media.. not well enough to elect a R in 08 but it was a good try..

Last edited:
The left is suffering from outrage fatigue after the last 8 years.

Give me time, I'm starting to get my strength back though.

But damn!

There's just so much to be outraged about that it's hard to keep up, you know?

Actually, I think everyone knows that Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.

Can you say with a straight face that you are pleased with anything that Obama is doing at this time?
Please tell me some of the things he has done so far that you are actually pleased with.

Of course she can. She's one of the ones that actually believe that crap. She was MOST vocal anytime someone mentioned Clinton's name pointing out he was no longer President and what he did was irrelevant.

Looks like now that the shoe's on the other foot, the same standard doesn't apply.;)

baby bush... the gift that keeps on giving.

let me know when his screw ups have gone away on their own. ;o)

Until the US starts fighting wars to win them, we will always lose. Because our enemies aren't worried about being politically correct, or killing innocent civilians. they know the rules of war. But our government is too nice.

Until the US starts fighting wars to win them, we will always lose. Because our enemies aren't worried about being politically correct, or killing innocent civilians. they know the rules of war. But our government is too nice.

We had no purpose in going into Iraq. None. We were attacked by a bunch of Saudi nationals funded by Saudi money...and organized in Afhanistan.

Kind of like attacking mexico for pearl harbor.

Actually, when Obama does it he has the American People in mind and not a personal vendetta against a Saddam character or the pockets of his cronies in mind.

War is never 'cute'.

-Joe

But when Obamoa does it, it's cute:tongue:

still defending the honor of bush?? I thought you wingnuts were ordered by sean hannity about 6 months ago to start pretending that you never supported bush and that you could barely stomach voting for him?

what's the deal with cons constantly rushing in to defend the honor of bush, someone they supposedly could hardly stomach voting for.

as for your post, I have hardly seen any lefty's say we shouldn't be fighting al qaeda in afghanistan. the afghan war was supported universally by both dems and repukes in congress.

so what exactly is your purpose in setting up this little strawman? Just can't stop yourself from defending the honor of bush?

Actually, I think everyone knows that Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.

Can you say with a straight face that you are pleased with anything that Obama is doing at this time?
Please tell me some of the things he has done so far that you are actually pleased with.

Just about everything...

Closing Gitmo, no more torture, the stimulus, the foreclosure bill, his cabinet, new respect for America around the world, his press conference where no one was called "stretch" or "glasses" or "blackie" and thoughtful answers were given to all the questions, etc...

And that's just off the top of my head.

Don't forget the Presidents calling "Bullshit!" on the corporate lobby system of governance that has been running both parties through corruption.

-Joe

The left was never mad about the Afganistan war. We were attacked.

Now if they knew that Bush knew 9-11 was coming and allowed it to happen because he knew it would allow him to launch a war in Iraq, well then that might make things different.

But when Obamoa does it, it's cute:tongue:

still defending the honor of bush?? I thought you wingnuts were ordered by sean hannity about 6 months ago to start pretending that you never supported bush and that you could barely stomach voting for him?

what's the deal with cons constantly rushing in to defend the honor of bush, someone they supposedly could hardly stomach voting for.

as for your post, I have hardly seen any lefty's say we shouldn't be fighting al qaeda in afghanistan. the afghan war was supported universally by both dems and repukes in congress.

so what exactly is your purpose in setting up this little strawman? Just can't stop yourself from defending the honor of bush?

Actually no.. I never was a big Bush fan. I just get a kick out of the double standard. Obama is black, so he can't do anything wrong right? if you disagree you are a racist. I have been upset at Bush for a long time about the way he handled the war. I am not even a republican.
It's just interesting to note that when the troops were deployed, All the major newspapers were silent about the issue except for USA today who had a small side note about it on some page other than the front. Had Bush done this, Every paper would have jumped at the chance to crucify him. Don't deny it. It is as true a fact as this board exists. That's all I'm sayin.

The left was never mad about the Afganistan war. We were attacked.

Now if they knew that Bush knew 9-11 was coming and allowed it to happen because he knew it would allow him to launch a war in Iraq, well then that might make things different.

Where's the lefty outrage at Clinton? His admistration had Osama and didn't have the balls to pull the trigger and knew way more than Bush did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back