Where Is The Lefty Outrage at Obama for sending 17,000 new troops to Afghanistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it is too late to call this new warring focus in afghanistan as retribution for 911 :(

It is true.

We are going to have to find a way out of Afganistan or get some help from NATO countries.

Of course we could pull out and let them fight amongst themselves.

Which shouldn't take too long....

Bush should have sent the troops into Afghanistan after Bin Laden instead of Iraq. Obama is correcting Bush's mistake.

how do you reconcile this deployment of troops with obamas pledge to bring our troops home ..... and to negotiate with or enemies and create a coalition of the willing to get the world to help us.....this seems very unilateral without world approval....i may have missed it but did he get un approval to invade a sovereign nation.....if these guy kill any afgan civilians will obama be facing war crimes....didn’t a predator drone launched from an illegal air base in Pakistan just kill thirty civilians in afghanistan…..obama lied civilians died…..

Actually, I think everyone knows that Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.

Can you say with a straight face that you are pleased with anything that Obama is doing at this time?
Please tell me some of the things he has done so far that you are actually pleased with.

Just about everything...

Closing Gitmo, no more torture, the stimulus, the foreclosure bill, his cabinet, new respect for America around the world, his press conference where no one was called "stretch" or "glasses" or "blackie" and thoughtful answers were given to all the questions, etc...

And that's just off the top of my head.
geezus Chris.....hahahaha.....you just dont learn do ya....

actually, he said we needed to bring our troops out of Iraq and that we needed to finish the job Bush neglected in Afghanistan.

tell me why did we go to afganistan......

ostensibly to get bin laden. but then bush didn't think much about him.

if you're asking if i think we should up the ante in Afghanistan, it depends. the generals are saying it needs to be done, but on the other hand, I'd like to know what the objective is (same as I wanted to know what Bush's idea of "success" was in Iraq). No one's beaten Afghanistan since when? Alexander the Great? I don't think we should be wasting a lot of money and people there. Stabilize the situation and leave unless we have a good reason for staying. Bin Laden's in Pakistan anyway, probably.

Bush should have sent the troops into Afghanistan after Bin Laden instead of Iraq. Obama is correcting Bush's mistake.

Huh... Bush DID send troops into Afghanistan... those troops removed the Afghan government which were harboring Bin Laden and allowed for the free elections which established a Democratic Government... Those troops also 'looked for Bin Laden' and continue to 'look for Bin Laden'...

Now, SPECIFICALLY, how EXACTLY is President Hussein 'correcting Bush's mistake?' By adding 17,000 troops to help secure for the pending elections?

Let's recall that it was the TROOPS WHICH BUSH SENT WHICH PROVIDED FOR THE GOVERNMENT WHICH IS HOSTING THOSE ELECTIONS...

Now again... SPECIFICALLY, how EXACTLY IS President Hussein 'correcting Bush's mistake? yfm...

to 'git' bin laden?

i guess you would first have to admit that bin laden did it and that it wasn't a war based on lies......which would mean bush was justifed to go.....

then.....the purpose of getting him would be to stop the attacks on the us ....i believe bush accomplished this..........osama has been isolated and there have been no more attacks......not sure what needs to be finished.....

Huh... Bush DID send troops into Afghanistan... those troops removed the Afghan government which were harboring Bin Laden and allowed for the free elections which established a Democratic Government... Those troops also 'looked for Bin Laden' and continue to 'look for Bin Laden'...

Now, SPECIFICALLY, how EXACTLY is President Hussein 'correcting Bush's mistake?' By adding 17,000 troops to help secure for the pending elections?

Let's recall that it was the TROOPS WHICH BUSH SENT WHICH PROVIDED FOR THE GOVERNMENT WHICH IS HOSTING THOSE ELECTIONS...

Now again... SPECIFICALLY, how EXACTLY IS President Hussein 'correcting Bush's mistake? yfm...
The only way President Obama can correct Bush's mistake is to pull our troops out of Afghanistan.

actually, he said we needed to bring our troops out of Iraq and that we needed to finish the job Bush neglected in Afghanistan.

tell me why did we go to afganistan......

ostensibly to get bin laden. but then bush didn't think much about him.

if you're asking if i think we should up the ante in Afghanistan, it depends. the generals are saying it needs to be done, but on the other hand, I'd like to know what the objective is (same as I wanted to know what Bush's idea of "success" was in Iraq). No one's beaten Afghanistan since when? Alexander the Great? I don't think we should be wasting a lot of money and people there. Stabilize the situation and leave unless we have a good reason for staying. Bin Laden's in Pakistan anyway, probably.

so is there a mistake to correct or not.......btw we didn't invade germany to get hitler.....the analogy is the same.....

Counselor... would you please define the scope of the 'Bush neglected the job in Afghanistan' implication; and do so speaking to SPECIFIC BUSH POLICY.. contrsting that policy with CONTESTING POLICY ADVOCACIES OF THE VALID VARIETY?

(The answer is: NO! As the "counselor's" entire 'basis in feelings' rest in little more than a litany of inane cliches and irrational platitudes.)

to 'git' bin laden?

i guess you would first have to admit that bin laden did it and that it wasn't a war based on lies......which would mean bush was justifed to go.....

then.....the purpose of getting him would be to stop the attacks on the us ....i believe bush accomplished this..........osama has been isolated and there have been no more attacks......not sure what needs to be finished.....

me either....and i have no reservations in touting my DOVE-ite-ness....or peace not war stance and am against sending in more troops to afghanistan and I don't believe that 'war' is the 'medicine to all of these ills'...and probably will never be convinced such, even by the smartest of HAWKS out there!

care

to 'git' bin laden?

me either....and i have no reservations in touting my DOVE-ite-ness....or peace not war stance and am against sending in more troops to afghanistan and I don't believe that 'war' is the 'medicine to all of these ills'...and probably will never be convinced such, even by the smartest of HAWKS out there!

care

you and i have had this conversation before......

The only way President Obama can correct Bush's mistake is to pull our troops out of Afghanistan.

well he believes the solution is to send 17,000 more....hey did he get congressional and un approval to send those troopsor did he act unilaterally.....

care

yes we have manu...so you know where i am at on this.... carry on! with others! :D

care

yes we have manu...so you know where i am at on this.... carry on! with others! :D

yes you and i would spend our tax dollars on americans and our military would be on us soil and if there were bases in far flung lands they would be fully funded by the nation they occupy......how our government things spending my money to fund other countries programs and wars is nuts......

I guess it's ok when he does it because Obama is not an oil-sucking Arab hating racist.

When Bush does it, he's the Devil himself.:evil:

But when Obama does it, it's cute:tongue:

I thought he made a commitment to do this during the election. Didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back