Where is Murtha?

rep him for it....???? You gotta be kidding....

He had to slapped in the face with it 5 times before he would give an inch....and then only because you faced the facts before him....get a clue....

And if he didn't hold out for evidence you'd be calling him a pushover.

Sometimes ya just can't win...:lol:

And if he didn't hold out for evidence you'd be calling him a pushover.

Sometimes ya just can't win...:lol:

There is no noticeable difference between calling someone a cold blooded killer and a murderer. Further the link I first provided had the host pointedly say in his question if Murtha still stood by his earlier claim the Marines MURDERED people. Maineman was and is playing word games. He was caught at it because I kept looking for the original statement referenced in my first link.

There is no noticeable difference between calling someone a cold blooded killer and a murderer. Further the link I first provided had the host pointedly say in his question if Murtha still stood by his earlier claim the Marines MURDERED people. Maineman was and is playing word games. He was caught at it because I kept looking for the original statement referenced in my first link.

bullshit. I stand by my statement in post #37

wanna call me a liar?

And you continue to claim calling someone a cold blooded killer is not the same as murder?

it is not. the former is not a legal term. the latter is.

If you read the transcript of Murtha's interview comments, he got his info from active duty marines...

should he have stepped out in front on this? probably not. Did the squad kill a bunch of civilians? yep. Does it look like the charge will be AT LEAST negligent homocide if not murder? yep.

And you would give marines who commit negligent homocide medals? Hold them up as heroes?

If you read the transcript of Murtha's interview comments, he got his info from active duty marines...

should he have stepped out in front on this? probably not. Did the squad kill a bunch of civilians? yep. Does it look like the charge will be AT LEAST negligent homocide if not murder? yep.

And you would give marines who commit negligent homocide medals? Hold them up as heroes?

Red herring, but then you have dug a hole so deep you have no choice but to attempt that.

There is a world of difference between negligence and out right cold blooded murder. As a senior Naval Officer you should know that. That you either do not or are willing to pretend you do not is telling in its own right.

Murtha made the claim that these Marines acted in vengence for a dead comrade, that they willfully, knowingly murdered unarmed civilians and that NO fire fight occurred at all. That simply is NOT true. 10 of the 24 dead WERE armed insurgents firing on the Marines, they are responsible for the dead civilians. The Marines followed the rules of engagement to the best of their ability, negligence means that the Staff Sergeant may have misunderstood those rules. It leaves out cold blooded and it leaves out intentional murder. Further I would not doubt that he is being accused of negligence as a face saving measure.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that even after I linked and quoted where Murtha called them murderers you tried to twist it into Gibson calling them murderers. So I repeat, were you calling Gibson a liar when I quoted him reminding Murtha he had called those Marines Murderers?

Why do you keep implying murder and negligent homicide are synonymous?

Murtha talked out his ass and wrongly accused the Marines trying to be the anti-war Democrat leading the moral outrage brigade. Being a Marine officer himself, if he had ANY cojones left at all, he'd man up and retract his statement with as much zeal as he made it.

rep him for it....???? You gotta be kidding....

He had to slapped in the face with it 5 times before he would give an inch....and then only because you faced the facts before him....get a clue....

He still eventually owned up to it which is more than I can say about some right wingers who I have never seen admit to being wrong when they obviously were wrong.

This could not get any more ironic, could it maineman?

Not that "I told you so" would make me feel any better, surely you can abandon Murtha on this one.

He obviously was wrong wasnt he?

SR

This could not get any more ironic, could it maineman?

Not that "I told you so" would make me feel any better, surely you can abandon Murtha on this one.

He obviously was wrong wasnt he?

SR

as i stated earlier. His use of the word "murder" was ill advised and he ought to retract it.

as i stated earlier. His use of the word "murder" was ill advised and he ought to retract it.

Maineman,

You dont think that it is wrong to get up in front of our nations press corps and condemn Marines before any investigation has been completed, WHILE you sit in a position of power, IN ORDER TO ADVANCE your own political agenda.

You dont think thats wrong in and of itself...? Not even mentioning the fact that the person that did this convicted and condemened these same Marines of crimes they did not even commit... in order to advance his own political agenda.

You dont find the whole thing representative of the worst kind of scumbag this nation has to offer?

SR

SR, hello, I guess this is no longer America when dissent can be named scum.

Of course it can be. But this isnt about dissent my good friend, this is about a sitting United States Congressman viciously attacking United States Marines, convicting and condemning them almost literally from his seat on the floor of the House of Representatives, WHILE MARINES ARE STILL IN THE FIGHT, before any investigation had been completed AND as it turns out convicting and condemning them of crimes they did not commit.

Midcan, such behavior is not merely compared to the anti-war protester, or as an example of dissent. What if a republican Congressman stood up in SUPPORT of the war, told everyone he had won a Congressional Medal of Honor and spouted his heroics and bravery WHILE MARINES WERE IN THE FIGHT, and dying and bleeding, and it turned out this Congressman was lying the entire time in order to advance his own political agenda.

You conveniently might find one to be representative of a scumbag, but the other representative of honorable dissent... could it be that for you and maineman its okay to act this way as long as you agree with that agenda?

SR

SR, I do not call decorated service men who risked their lives scum. I'll leave it at that.

CSM, And you can read minds?

Just one of my many amazing powers!

I base my assertion on discussions on this board that have occured long before you came along to enlighten us. For example, MaineMan has posted the implication that hypocricy is acceptable as long as it coincides with his views and does not become a political liability.

The fact that you apparently will not criticize Murtha for a blatant abuse of political power (the military refers to it as "undue command influence") for his own advantage makes me suspect you fall into the same category as many others who post here.

SR, I do not call decorated service men who risked their lives scum. I'll leave it at that.

Midcan,

"In May 1988, he enlisted in the U.S. Army.[5] He was a decorated veteran of the United States Army, having served in the Gulf War, where he was awarded a Bronze Star Medal. He had been a top scoring gunner with the 25mm cannon of the light-armored Bradley Fighting Vehicles used by the U.S. 1st Infantry Division to which he was assigned. He served at Fort Riley, Kansas, before Operation Desert Storm. At Fort Riley, McVeigh completed the Primary Leadership Development Course (PLDC). McVeigh had always wanted to join the Green Berets, the Army's elite special forces."

being decorated and risking your life in no way precludes you from being scum, ill leave it at that.

SR

Forum List

Back