Where is Murtha?

The only time that the word “murder was used in that article was in the following:

"I will not excuse murder, and this is what happened," Murtha said.

That is not the equivalent as Murtha saying that the people were murdered.

Good God.... you can not be serious.... You need to join maineman and Larkinn in the playing word games...

Lets break it down, shall we.... First he says " I will not excuse MURDER" followed by " and this is WHAT HAPPENED" that you can with a straight face claim he did not say it was murder is unbelievable.

I wonder in your demented brain what he meant by " and this is what happened" attached to " I will not excuse murder"? Please explain it to me and everyone else that understands the English language.

Did you have a change of heart and remove the idiotic post I quoted?

Ok I see you answered after I posted this, I will back off.

Did you have a change of heart and remove the idiotic post I quoted?

I’m sleepy and did not see the last part of that sentence. Once I saw it and figuratively slapped myself on the forehead, I promptly removed the message that I posted. I was wrong! Okay?

I think negligent homocide is a legal way of saying cold blooded killing, don't you?

I'm not even getting into the specifics, which is a caveate in and of itself. With that said, negligent and 'cold blooded' are very different kettle of fish, no?

I'm not even getting into the specifics, which is a caveate in and of itself. With that said, negligent and 'cold blooded' are very different kettle of fish, no?

day old halibut smells just as fishy as day old haddock

avoidance.

truth.... negligent homocide should be something we are all outraged about...but the right would rather give the marine who did that a free pass to make a big deal about Murtha's comments.

so predictable...so tedious

I would think that "negligent homicide" is a form of manslaughter (I'm not at all familiar with the UMCJ so all corrections would be welcome). That's a long way from murder. Neligent homicide (I'm thinking in manslaughter terms which is what I'm familiar with) can be made out by someone shooting a non-combatant but thinking they were a combatant and within the ROE. There could be some other aspects to bring up negligence ("you should have been certain that the person was a combatant").

My point is that they are two very different concepts.

I would think that "negligent homicide" is a form of manslaughter (I'm not at all familiar with the UMCJ so all corrections would be welcome). That's a long way from murder. Neligent homicide (I'm thinking in manslaughter terms which is what I'm familiar with) can be made out by someone shooting a non-combatant but thinking they were a combatant and within the ROE. There could be some other aspects to bring up negligence ("you should have been certain that the person was a combatant").

My point is that they are two very different concepts.

Which Maineman knows full well, he was a senior Naval Officer. He can not stomach the fact that Murtha is one of HIS and so must make excuses for him. Murtha is a slime. He sold out Marines for political tricks, Expected of a politician but he is a Marine, he was a Colonel.

The way I see it is that Murtha made a mistake in his assessment. In the emotion of the moment he made a claim that required a huge amount of informed knowledge to be valid. But he ain't no orphan on that one.

So, his claim that there was murder done is wrong. However, I will give him some kudos for having the moral courage to say it in the face of what must have been years of conditioning that he should support the Corps above all else. I know what occupational peer pressure is like, trust me. I know what it's like to stand up to it as well. Yes, he was wrong to claim murder without waiting for more evidence. But he said what he thought was right. I trust he has the ability to admit his error. If I were an American citizen I'd be thankful he had the moral courage to say what he thought and not hide his true ideas.

truth.... negligent homocide should be something we are all outraged about...but the right would rather give the marine who did that a free pass to make a big deal about Murtha's comments.

so predictable...so tedious

The right? Fact is, negligent homicide is not "murder." No one is trying to give the Marine a free pass.

But you have certainly tried to give Murtha one for calling the Marines murderer with no real evidence to support his claim.

The Marine should be held accountable for any crimes he may have committed, just as Murtha should be held accountable for his false accusations.

I had never seen that quote before. Murtha should apologize for using that word.

Wow. I thought that you were too far left to criticize such a fellow Democrat. I guess that I was wrong. I wish that I could rep you for that, but I gotta spread it around. :clap2:

Wow. I thought that you were too far left to criticize such a fellow Democrat. I guess that I was wrong. I wish that I could rep you for that, but I gotta spread it around. :clap2:

rep him for it....???? You gotta be kidding....

He had to slapped in the face with it 5 times before he would give an inch....and then only because you faced the facts before him....get a clue....

Forum List

Back