Rush Makes His Case

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Not that the left will let the truth get in the way of this non story - here is what happened with dates and times

Limbaugh Makes His Case
He’s got the story on the “phony soldiers” controversy — if anyone will listen.

By Byron York

On Monday evening, September 24, Rush Limbaugh was struck by a story that appeared on ABC’s World News with Charles Gibson. “A closer look tonight at phony heroes,” Gibson said in his introduction to the report, which was about men who claim to be veterans but are not. In the story, reporter Brian Ross discussed two men who claimed to have served in wartime, possibly to receive free veterans’ hospital and other benefits.

And then this: “Authorities say the most disturbing case involves this man, 23 year-old Jesse Macbeth,” Ross continued. “In a YouTube video seen around the world, Macbeth became a rallying point for anti-war groups, as he talked of the Purple Heart he received in Iraq and described how he and other U.S. Army Rangers killed innocent civilians at a Baghdad mosque.” Ross played video of Macbeth saying, “Women and men, you know — while in their prayer, we started slaughtering them.”

As it turns out, none of that happened. Macbeth was in the Army for just six weeks, was discharged before completing basic training, and was never in Iraq. “Last week in federal court in Seattle,” Ross concluded, “Macbeth offered an apology for defaming the real American heroes as he admitted to lying about his service record and his supposed atrocities.” Ross’ story was headlined “Phony War Vets” on the ABC News website.

Among the viewers that night was a person who works for Limbaugh’s radio program. “My call screener saw the ABC News report and he told me about it,” Limbaugh told me yesterday. Limbaugh decided to make the story the subject of his commentary for Tuesday, September 25, a commentary that played in the morning on the 600 stations that carry Limbaugh’s show. “We researched it and put the commentary together,” Limbaugh continued. “In our research, we also found a story on FoxNews.com from, I believe, May 20th on Macbeth that had ‘Phony Soldier’ in the headline. We also found a press release from the U.S. Attorney, Western District of Washington, on 9/21, who had successfully prosecuted eight of what he called ‘Fake Soldiers’ who had defrauded the VA system.”

So Limbaugh told Macbeth’s story in the commentary and added his own words about the people who had made Macbeth a hero. “They have to lie about such atrocities because they can’t find any that fit the template of the way they see the US military,” Limbaugh said. “In other words, for the American anti-war left, the greatest inconvenience they face is the truth.”

for the complete article
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NzQzZGJkM2E1NWI5NmNjMTAzNTQ4YTk1ZDRhZTMyNWY=

Facts do not matter to the left. They never have. All that matters is that they repeat their lies over and over till someone believes them from sheer repetition. They have no shame and no sense of decency. All they care about is that the "ends justify the means".

Facts do not matter to the left. They never have. All that matters is that they repeat their lies over and over till someone believes them from sheer repetition. They have no shame and no sense of decency. All they care about is that the "ends justify the means".

yawn....

"Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11 Saddam AlQaeda gassed his own people WMD's 9/11"

over and over and over again.... but hey...the "ends" - turning american public opinion away from "where the hell is OBL" to "that goddamn Saddam attacked us, let's go get him" certainly justified such repetitive chicanery, eh?

You guys must take naivety courses. How is it you defend this blowhard?

""Yet Limbaugh's "rant,'' as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called it this week, certainly sounded like a slap at "phony soldiers'' protesting the war -- and Limbaugh went on to expand his roster of "genuine phony soldiers'' on his show Friday, adding Rep. Jack Murtha of Pennsylvania, a retired Marine colonel and decorated Vietnam veteran who opposes the war in Iraq."

Murtha? Limbaugh is blowhard.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/antiwar_veterans_take_to_the_a.html

You guys must take naivety courses. How is it you defend this blowhard?

""Yet Limbaugh's "rant,'' as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called it this week, certainly sounded like a slap at "phony soldiers'' protesting the war -- and Limbaugh went on to expand his roster of "genuine phony soldiers'' on his show Friday, adding Rep. Jack Murtha of Pennsylvania, a retired Marine colonel and decorated Vietnam veteran who opposes the war in Iraq."

Murtha? Limbaugh is blowhard.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/antiwar_veterans_take_to_the_a.html

Murtha is a Disgrace to the Marine Corps.

Sure thing. The man condemned Marines publicly as a political stunt. He made claims that simply are not true and have been shown to be untrue since he made them. The JACKASS would be Murtha.

The jackass is the symbol of Murth'a party

How fitting

how many wars did RGS and RSR fight in? how many years of active duty do THEY have? How many decorations for valor do THEY have? How high did they advance in the military?

It seems pretty common for these faux patriots on the right to slam any veteran who does not agree with them... a blatant hypocritical double standard, if you ask me.:badgrin:

An old DI used to remind us often, 'opinions are like assholes...,' you should know the rest. The problem is you guys seem to only think in one direction. Murtha is a hero and a great congressmen, we are lucky to have someone for PA who is a genuine American: Dissent and all. You should have Rush or one of those great men who served: Dick Cheney or maybe Gingrich.

"When those who are responsible for the Leadership of State, begin to move in villainous ways, when they begin to destroy the fabric of what it is that our Nation is held together with; when they violate the Constitution of Our Nation and begin to do things that are false to our dream and our hopes----IT IS INCUMBENT UPON EVERY CITIZEN BY RIGHT, BUT ALSO BY RESPONSIBILITY, TO CHALLENGE THAT ADMINISTRATION, TO RAISE THEIR VOICE IN VIGOROUS DISSENT AND TO CHANGE THE WAY IN WHICH THE STATE IS DOING BUSINESS....AND THOSE WHO FAIL TO DO THAT, SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH PATRIOTIC TREASON! And I am hopeful that on my epitaph it will say : 'He cannot be charged with Patriotic Treason'." Teddy Roosevelt

how many wars did RGS and RSR fight in? how many years of active duty do THEY have? How many decorations for valor do THEY have? How high did they advance in the military?

It seems pretty common for these faux patriots on the right to slam any veteran who does not agree with them... a blatant hypocritical double standard, if you ask me.:badgrin:

Hypocritical standards are acceptable as long as they don't become a political liability...remember? Also, military service is not necessarily an indication of integrity...remember? Military service is not necessarily a prerequisite for patriotism...remember?

I take it from your post then that those with long enough military service, who have combat experience with multiple decorations for valor, and advanced to the highest level possible CAN slam any veteran who does not agree with them? If so, consider Murtha and others who do not agree with me as legitimately "slammed".

actually no, he called you right on what you said. And his point is BANG ON. If you can't see what he is trying to say then YOU are the idiot. Point is the republicans pull the same shit you are accusing democrats of. Go ahead and tell me I am lying. Dumbass.

In other words you have nothing so resort to stupid shit. Thanks for playing.

I take it from your post then that those with long enough military service, who have combat experience with multiple decorations for valor, and advanced to the highest level possible CAN slam any veteran who does not agree with them? If so, consider Murtha and others who do not agree with me as legitimately "slammed".

absolutely not. I don't think that anyone should slam a veteran and demean his service simply because the veteran disagrees with him...and I don't think that the mere possession of combat experience or fruit salad gives a vet the right to slam another vet simply because of a disagreement.

I also don't believe that anyone should be precluded from criticizing the administration for inappropriate use of military assets, nor from criticizing military personnel who act in inappropriate ways.... out of some misplaced deference to anyone who wore or wears the uniform.

I guess that I didn’t hear Rush’s original comments. Please explain what happened without hype and political hyperbole. Correct me if I’m wrong but based on second-hand information and commentary; I think that Rush simply pointed out that a soldier lied about where he was and what he saw. Rush then called that particular soldier a phony. Well. If that is what happened then I don’t have any criticism against Rush for that. The soldier was being a phony. While I have high respect for the courage of the US soldier in general, I don’t have much respect for those who deliberately lie.

Rush's ACTUAL comments.... I really hate revisionist history. Rush said what he said. It was clear and he wasn't referring to the guy who lied. He was referring to soldiers who don't think we belong in Iraq. Yet the radical right defends him instead of calling him on it.

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

LIMBAUGH: The phony soldiers.

CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.

Rush's ACTUAL comments.... I really hate revisionist history. Rush said what he said. It was clear and he wasn't referring to the guy who lied. He was referring to soldiers who don't think we belong in Iraq. Yet the radical right defends him instead of calling him on it.

Okay. If that is the case then “Shame on Rush”. Honest soldiers who give their honest opinions about things that see happening are not “phony soldiers”. Those that lie are, practically by definition, phony soldiers.

I don't think anyone is defending the guy who lied about his service.

But Rush the loony thinks that if a soldier doesn't think we should be in Iraq, *that* makes them "phony soldier".

And I think that's disgusting.

I don't think anyone is defending the guy who lied about his service.

But Rush the loony thinks that if a soldier doesn't think we should be in Iraq, *that* makes them "phony soldier".

And I think that's disgusting.

Unbelievable. you leftoids have no shame. Putting words in peoples mouths is a past time your good at when they are not your buddies. He didn't say what you claim and if you had any objectivity you would know it. Partisan bullshit at its finest.

Forum List

Back