Where in the real world are AR-15 and the like are used for good?

The concern isn't the AR-15 it's the government going beyond it's mandate to infringe on a Constitutional right.
Total horseshit. Did they infringe on that right when they banned the assault rifle before? When they banned sawed off shotguns? When they banned automatic weapons?

Look, I quote Scalia's ruling in the Heller case.

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott333. For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884). Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.26

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at 179. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.” See 4 Blackstone 148–149 (1769); 3 B. Wilson, Works of the Honourable James Wilson 79 (1804); J. Dunlap, The New-York Justice 8 (1815); C. Humphreys, A Compendium of the Common Law in Force in Kentucky 482 (1822); 1 W. Russell, A Treatise on Crimes and Indictable Misdemeanors 271–272 (1831); H. Stephen, Summary of the Criminal Law 48 (1840); E. Lewis, An Abridgment of the Criminal Law of the United States 64 (1847); F. Wharton, A Treatise on the Criminal Law of the United States 726 (1852). See also State v. Langford, 10 N. C. 381, 383–384 (1824); O’Neill v. State, 16Ala. 65, 67 (1849); English v. State, 35Tex. 473, 476 (1871); State v. Lanier, 71 N. C. 288, 289 (1874).

It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service—M-16 rifles and the like—may be banned, then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment ’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed, it may be true that no amount of small arms could be useful against modern-day bombers and tanks. But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.

I love shooting my .22. It's semi auto (just like an AR) has a scope, (just like an AR can have), I can get large magazines for it but it has a pretty wood stock. My .22 can fire just as fast as an AR too. They only difference is an AR round is slightly larger. My .22 is not an 'assault rifle' because it doesn't look 'scary.'

I do not care about other countries.

We already know what works here and we refuse to do it.

Clinton's AW ban did nothing to lower crime and murder rates.

You what did lower murder and crime rates?

Operation Exile.

The city of Richmond VA started prosecuting all instances of illegal gun possession as federal crimes and sent the criminals out of state to serve 5 years or more in federal prisons.

Guess what happened.
"I do not care about other countries." The words of a very stupid individual. There is much to be learned, good and bad, from other countries. There is much to be learned both good and bad from other people.
Those who are scared to look beyond the small little world they live in, are the dumbest and saddest among us. Th way they live their life give little hope they will ever expand their knowledge, their life, their happiness.

Total horseshit. Did they infringe on that right when they banned the assault rifle before? When they banned sawed off shotguns? When they banned automatic weapons?

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott333. For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884). Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.26

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at 179. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.” See 4 Blackstone 148–149 (1769); 3 B. Wilson, Works of the Honourable James Wilson 79 (1804); J. Dunlap, The New-York Justice 8 (1815); C. Humphreys, A Compendium of the Common Law in Force in Kentucky 482 (1822); 1 W. Russell, A Treatise on Crimes and Indictable Misdemeanors 271–272 (1831); H. Stephen, Summary of the Criminal Law 48 (1840); E. Lewis, An Abridgment of the Criminal Law of the United States 64 (1847); F. Wharton, A Treatise on the Criminal Law of the United States 726 (1852). See also State v. Langford, 10 N. C. 381, 383–384 (1824); O’Neill v. State, 16Ala. 65, 67 (1849); English v. State, 35Tex. 473, 476 (1871); State v. Lanier, 71 N. C. 288, 289 (1874).

It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service—M-16 rifles and the like—may be banned, then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment ’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed, it may be true that no amount of small arms could be useful against modern-day bombers and tanks. But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.

Unfortunately, the dumbasses screaming "don't touch my guns" will never read this and understand.

The problem with you gun nuts is you want to create your own argument. Has anyone claimed that banning assault rifles would lower crime or murder rates? I don't think so. The purpose of the assault weapons ban of the past, and of any being proposed now, is to lower the number of killings due to mass shootings. The purpose is to prevent some crazy ass nutcase from going into a Walmart, a school, or their place of work, with a high capacity magazine, semi-automatic, military configured, weapon with the purpose of shooting as many of the occupants that they can. If they want to go in with a pistol, a hunting rifle, a shotgun, a machete, or a ball-bat, guess there is not much we can do about it, but undoubtedly, the casualty rate would be lower.

We banned bumpstocks. Did anyone argue that banning bumpstocks would not lower the crime or murder rate? Is that why we banned bumpstocks? No, we banned bumpstocks so no damn crazy ass fool would be able to shoot hundreds of rounds per second into a crowd from a tall building.
Bullshit.

"I do not care about other countries." The words of a very stupid individual. There is much to be learned, good and bad, from other countries. There is much to be learned both good and bad from other people.
Those who are scared to look beyond the small little world they live in, are the dumbest and saddest among us. Th way they live their life give little hope they will ever expand their knowledge, their life, their happiness.
If you want to live in a country where the government is that intrusive and you get your rights taken away because other assholes commit crimes then go ahead and move to one of them

Unfortunately, the dumbasses screaming "don't touch my guns" will never read this and understand.
You're too stupid to realize that banning a rifle for cosmetic reasons will do nothing to stop people from just buying another rifle that shoots the same round.

this gun will be banned
1654118245139.png

This one won't

1654118284706.png

But they are absolutely no different in the round fired, the rate of fire or accuracy

Bullshit.
Wow, what a pitiful rebuttal.

I mean we are over 250 posts into this thread and to this point not a single individual has managed to provide a single advantage of an AR-15 that distinguishes it as superior to other weapons. It seems to have one advantage, I will admit it. The AR-15 is the superior weapon to be used when shooting up elementary schools and shopping centers.

No one, not a single assault weapon supporter, has even been willing to address the cost/benefit analysis that I have laid out. We know the cost of legal assault rifles. And it is pretty damn high. There must some significant benefit to this price being extracted from our society, often times paid with the lives of children, that justifies the continued legality of the assault rifle.

And I got to tell you, compensating for your tiny dick, making you feel like Johnny soldier, or it being cool, ain't a "significant" benefit. Matter of fact, it starts making all you assault weapon supporters look like you are one tantrum away from shooting up an elementary school tomorrow. Because let's be honest here. Those people that have shot up elementary schools and killed innocent children and young teachers, they probably had tiny dicks. They probably felt like they were Johnny solider carrying that AR-15 into the school. And they probably, for most, for the first time in their lives, felt "cool".

And at some point, well you assault weapon supporters are going to have to start bearing some of the responsibility for these shootings. It is ironic that the very same constituency that opposes abortion supports assault rifles. Damn easy for you to oppose abortion, easy for you to tell someone else what they must do with their future. No skin off your nose. And damn easy for you to support legal ownership of assault rifles. Ain't your kid's or loved ones being shot and killed. No skin of your nose.

But I will tell you this. One of my loved ones ends up getting killed in a mass shooting from an assault rifle, well I will hunt down those that enabled that action like the rabid dogs they are.

You're too stupid to realize that banning a rifle for cosmetic reasons will do nothing to stop people from just buying another rifle that shoots the same round.

this gun will be banned
View attachment 652845

This one won't

View attachment 652846

But they are absolutely no different in the round fired, the rate of fire or accuracy
Great, thanks for playing. There is no distinct advantage to the assault rifle configuration, therefore, it has no place in our society. But tell me, how many schools have been shot up with the second rifle?

Shall not be infringed is very specific. There are no except for clauses in the 2nd Amendment. By the way machine guns are not banned in the US. I don't even know why I try. Time and time again you loons prove you know nothing or outright lie about firearms or the laws in this country that govern them.

Wow, what a pitiful rebuttal.

I mean we are over 250 posts into this thread and to this point not a single individual has managed to provide a single advantage of an AR-15 that distinguishes it as superior to other weapons. It seems to have one advantage, I will admit it. The AR-15 is the superior weapon to be used when shooting up elementary schools and shopping centers.

No one, not a single assault weapon supporter, has even been willing to address the cost/benefit analysis that I have laid out. We know the cost of legal assault rifles. And it is pretty damn high. There must some significant benefit to this price being extracted from our society, often times paid with the lives of children, that justifies the continued legality of the assault rifle.

And I got to tell you, compensating for your tiny dick, making you feel like Johnny soldier, or it being cool, ain't a "significant" benefit. Matter of fact, it starts making all you assault weapon supporters look like you are one tantrum away from shooting up an elementary school tomorrow. Because let's be honest here. Those people that have shot up elementary schools and killed innocent children and young teachers, they probably had tiny dicks. They probably felt like they were Johnny solider carrying that AR-15 into the school. And they probably, for most, for the first time in their lives, felt "cool".

And at some point, well you assault weapon supporters are going to have to start bearing some of the responsibility for these shootings. It is ironic that the very same constituency that opposes abortion supports assault rifles. Damn easy for you to oppose abortion, easy for you to tell someone else what they must do with their future. No skin off your nose. And damn easy for you to support legal ownership of assault rifles. Ain't your kid's or loved ones being shot and killed. No skin of your nose.

But I will tell you this. One of my loved ones ends up getting killed in a mass shooting from an assault rifle, well I will hunt down those that enabled that action like the rabid dogs they are.
The buffer system along with a fairly small caliber rifle round has less recoil than most rifles and all shotguns. Easy for women and children to defend themselves from the scum.

The irony is the fact some want to lie about what they are for their own propaganda purposes, while others like myself know what they are and still have no problem with civilian ownership of them; I do advocate having to take a safety course in order to buy firearms, which the 2A fanatics wet themselves over as well. As for these military weapon knock offs, there are much better choices re home defense, and certainly for hunting as well, so yes, drooling over the knock offs is just a fetish.
You idiots sure do hate that people don't ask for your approval before they buy their guns, don't you?

Oh, well.

I do not care about other countries.

We already know what works here and we refuse to do it.

Clinton's AW ban did nothing to lower crime and murder rates.

You what did lower murder and crime rates?

Operation Exile.

The city of Richmond VA started prosecuting all instances of illegal gun possession as federal crimes and sent the criminals out of state to serve 5 years or more in federal prisons.

Guess what happened.
Holding criminals accountable for their crimes?

Democrats hate that idea.

Shall not be infringed is very specific. There are no except for clauses in the 2nd Amendment. By the way machine guns are not banned in the US. I don't even know why I try. Time and time again you loons prove you know nothing or outright lie about firearms or the laws in this country that govern them.
"the right to bear arms" shall not be infringed. You tell me smart boy, how does banning assault rifles "infringe" on your right to bear arms? If it is implemented, can you bear arms? I am quite sure you didn't read the Scalia opinion in Heller. The constitution does not give you the right to bear any arm, anywhere, anytime. I know all about a class c license, so hell, let's make assault weapons only permissible with a class c license, then they will not be "banned". I am fine with that. Hell, I will even give all you AR-15 owners thirty days to get your class c or turn your weapon in. But if you don't, and you are caught with one--minimum one year in jail and a $5,000 fine.

And I got to tell you, you gun nuts are precisely that, flippin ass nuts. You don't know jackshit about gun laws, your knowledge of guns themselves is extremely limited. And your knowledge of the Constitution and SCOTUS rulings is damn near non-existent. What is more lacking, your knowledge of history. Where were the British headed during the battles of Lexington and Concord? What was the driving force behind the shootout at OK corral? Could you legally "bear" a firearm in Dodge City during the 1800's?

Forum List

Back