Where education went wrong.

Most engineers I know are pretty intellectual. Most academics I know, even snooty irritating ones, have respect for tradesmen. The few I've met who don't have such respect have gotten the message to get the hell away from me upon pain of bodily damage.
Seriously, do you know ANY engineers or physicians who have ever read a novel? I have not. They are often brilliant, but do not come across as "intellectual." In fact, in the case of doctors, many of them presume that because they are brilliant, they know shit that they manifestly do not know. It is an irritation.

Seriously, do you know ANY engineers or physicians who have ever read a novel? I have not. They are often brilliant, but do not come across as "intellectual." In fact, in the case of doctors, many of them presume that because they are brilliant, they know shit that they manifestly do not know. It is an irritation.
You are an idiot. Dad read all the time.

You are an idiot. Dad read all the time.
So you draw general conclusions about a large class of people by your observations of ONE OF THEM?

Nice. Assuming your dad was an engineer, you apparently did not inherit his intelligence.

BTW, I worked for a dozen engineering companies during my spotted career, and met ONE who read fiction - an Englishman.

So you draw general conclusions about a large class of people by your observations of ONE OF THEM?

Nice. Assuming your dad was an engineer, you apparently did not inherit his intelligence.

BTW, I worked for a dozen engineering companies during my spotted career, and met ONE who read fiction - an Englishman.
You appear to be.

As I have observed before, you are an inveterate liar.

Michael Crighton and Arthur Conan Doyle, off the top of my head, were physicians.

Forum List

Back