Where education went wrong.

Raynine

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2023
As a retired steelworker I have little respect for college-educated intellectuals. These types accumulate letters after their names and though they occupy positions of influence, as time goes by they are no more able to make sense of the world than the plebian population. If an olympic runner can break records in youth that is good thing but later in life that runner canot break records because the talent has wained due to time and age. But academic intellectuals that suffer from the same reality are not held to the same standards as the rest of the population and so, do a lot of damage to society. As the age they get dumber and that is reality.

Here are two authors that influenced me in life:

http://www.capitolreader.com/bonus/Intellectuals%20and%20Society.pdf

Maybe the lamest thing I have ever seen on here. I have zero doubt that anyone who holds a similar position runs quickly to a person with letters after their name when they feel a lump somewhere that doesn't belong there.

A person that educates himself his entire working life with the newest medical advancements.

They run for their little blue pill that was created by a person with letters after their names.

As a retired steelworker I have little respect for college-educated intellectuals. These types accumulate letters after their names and though they occupy positions of influence, as time goes by they are no more able to make sense of the world than the plebian population. If an olympic runner can break records in youth that is good thing but later in life that runner canot break records because the talent has wained due to time and age. But academic intellectuals that suffer from the same reality are not held to the same standards as the rest of the population and so, do a lot of damage to society. As the age they get dumber and that is reality.

Most people who go to college do not accumulate any letters after their name. You don't get those until grad school generally outside of medicine.

Yeah, I think the poster is considering post-grad degrees. He might be interested in one prominent theory...
  • In HS you learn a little bit about everything,
  • In college you learn a lot about one or two things,
  • Pursuing a master's degree, you learn a hell of a lot about one aspect of one thing,
  • In a doctoral program you learn a mountain of stuff about a tiny little branch of one thing,
  • In post-doc you learn everything there is to know about nothing at all.
Conclusion: the more education you have, the less you know.

Yeah, I think the poster is considering post-grad degrees. He might be interested in one prominent theory...
  • Pursuing a master's degree, you learn a hell of a lot about one aspect of one thing,
  • In a doctoral program you learn a mountain of stuff about a tiny little branch of one thing,

A doctor doesn't need to know how to build a bridge. An engineer doesn't need to know how to cure cancer.

Education is no substitute for intelligence.

Frank Herbert

Dumb ^^^^^

I'm sorry if you have lost previous knowledge by learning new things.
Or just tell us you never received any post HS education from a school or a job experience.

I use B.S. at the end of my name..

People like this should be in control of nothing. They do not solve problems they create them. They do not make things work, they fix things that are not broken. Read Sowell's book.

As a retired steelworker I have little respect for college-educated intellectuals. ....
Why does being a retired steelworker equate to having little respect for people with different experiences? Would you expect college educated people to have little respect for steelworkers? WTF?

Why does being a retired steelworker equate to having little respect for people with different experiences? Would you expect college educated people to have little respect for steelworkers? WTF?
The implication is that I did useful work and created something that benefitted society. I did not use my skills to control others with bad ideas and profit from it. Did you read Sowell's book?

Most engineers I know are pretty intellectual. Most academics I know, even snooty irritating ones, have respect for tradesmen. The few I've met who don't have such respect have gotten the message to get the hell away from me upon pain of bodily damage.

Forum List

Back