Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

What proof do you have that they are fake pictures or that they are extremists?
A premature birth can survive at 24 weeks.
The baby is not fully formed at 6 months or even 7 months yet outside the womb they have a good survival rate. At 23 weeks it is 15%, 24 weeks 55% and 25 weeks about 80%

A 6 month fetus can sometimes survive, but there's a good chance it's going to be blind and mentally retarded and cerebral palsied and have myriad other health problems should extreme urgent care manage to make it live, and the reason that's a horror is because by forcing something not ready to be born to stay alive when it shouldn't, you're bringing pain and misery into the world, and that is an evil thing indeed.

Oh, and the reason I know they are extremist is because a baby doesn't walk or rub its eyes at 12 weeks. :eek:

So just murder the little infant because it isn't perfect.

stawman.png

Ah yes something that the left are experts at.

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

The baby is not fully formed at 6 months or even 7 months yet outside the womb they have a good survival rate. At 23 weeks it is 15%, 24 weeks 55% and 25 weeks about 80%

A 6 month fetus can sometimes survive, but there's a good chance it's going to be blind and mentally retarded and cerebral palsied and have myriad other health problems should extreme urgent care manage to make it live, and the reason that's a horror is because by forcing something not ready to be born to stay alive when it shouldn't, you're bringing pain and misery into the world, and that is an evil thing indeed.

Oh, and the reason I know they are extremist is because a baby doesn't walk or rub its eyes at 12 weeks. :eek:

Life is full of horrible, impossible choices and terrible situations. Conservatives do not care enough to mitigate the horrors of the world and make any of these hard choices any easier. On this issue they simply want to make bad situations much worse and then pat themselves on the back thinking the world is a better place.

Last edited:
Jeremiah 1:4-5 ESV /

Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 127:3 ESV /

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Exodus 21:22-25English Standard Version (ESV)

22 “When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 But if there is harm,[a] then you shall pay life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
These bible passages were written by men, devoid of fact and authority, and are consequently legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

One is at liberty to use such subjective religious dogma to guide his personal life, but he is not at liberty to use such subjective religious dogma as justification to compel conformity in secular law.

Here you go...

This is an extremist site.

12 WEEK OLD BABY WALKS IN THE WOMB!

12 WEEK OLD BABY WALKS IN THE WOMB

So you have a problem with the new 3D ultrasound images pioneered by Professor Stuart Campbell at London's Create Health Clinic?
3D ultrasound has showed movement of the infant much more clearly.
It is these new 3d images that is changing the minds of our young people in colleges all across the land and they are becoming more pro life.
3D Ultrasound Photo Gallery

Cool. And, remember Nilsson's photos and the book, A Child Is Born?

But this is not germane to the conversation.

There is nothing that negates a woman's ownership of her own body. Period.

I'm sorry it bothers you that Christians dont think you should kill your children. And I'm sorry it doesn't bother you to kill your children.

as for your question, the bible is very clear that the spirit of man is created before conception. The Lord told Jeremiah that He knew him before he was conceived.

on the day of judgment the Lord will hold us accountable for how we treat the most innocent among us. The unborn child doesn't get more innocent. How do you want to be able to answer Him?

My children are alive and well, thank you. I don't believe in killing children either.

I don't believe in sky wizards, and I'm not wearing any magic underwear.

if you don't believe in killing children why start a thread advocating it and challenging those who fight against it?

PEACH174 SAID:

"Ah yes something that the left are experts at."

'The left' understands and respects the Constitution and its case law; 'the left' respects the rights and liberties of American citizens, and respects and supports the right to privacy each citizens is entitled to – including the right to make personal, private decisions free from unwarranted interference from the state.

Most conservatives, unfortunately, seem to be experts at seeking only to increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

I'm sorry it bothers you that Christians dont think you should kill your children. And I'm sorry it doesn't bother you to kill your children.

as for your question, the bible is very clear that the spirit of man is created before conception. The Lord told Jeremiah that He knew him before he was conceived.

on the day of judgment the Lord will hold us accountable for how we treat the most innocent among us. The unborn child doesn't get more innocent. How do you want to be able to answer Him?

My children are alive and well, thank you. I don't believe in killing children either.

if you don't believe in killing children why start a thread advocating it and challenging those who fight against it?

A fetus is not a child.

You're free to believe whatever you want but its the bible which means it has no relationship to facts. Including the ludicrous accusation that anyone is killing "children".

Your beliefs don't negate a woman's sovereign right to control of her own body. If it was YOUR body the law wanted to control, if it was YOU who was being forced to reproduce, you would sing a different tune.

MYOB

if you don't want to hear what the bible teaches on a subject then dont ask what it teaches.

abortion kills children. That's pure fact, regardless of what the bibl says. And defending the innocent of the world is my business. So I am minding it.

Here you go...

So you have a problem with the new 3D ultrasound images pioneered by Professor Stuart Campbell at London's Create Health Clinic?
It is these new 3d images that is changing the minds of our young people in colleges all across the land and they are becoming more pro life.

Yes, it's bogus. A 12 week old fetus does tend to be difficult to locate among the blood, tissue and blood clots that come from a miscarriage, being that they are so small. But, when the fetus/embryo is found, all you have to do is look at the arms and know there is no possible way it can rub its eyes. The arms are not long enough.

Not with the new 3d images.
This little babys hand is right there at it's head.
What 12 to 23 Weeks Pregnant Looks Like in 3D Ultrasounds Babble

A fetus is not a child.

is it a dog then?

look, you can lie to yourself all you want. Really, its your prerogative no matter how unwise it might be. But it doesn't change the fact that it's a human child. And you know that in your heart or you wouldn't be trying to justify yourself.

stawman.png

Ah yes something that the left are experts at.

But you just did it. :D

“if you don't believe in killing children why start a thread advocating it and challenging those who fight against it?”

Abortion is not 'killing children,' it's a lie and demagoguery to maintain otherwise; consequently you and others on the right are fighting against the civil rights of women and their protected liberty to decide for themselves matters both personal and private.

Here you go...

Yes, it's bogus. A 12 week old fetus does tend to be difficult to locate among the blood, tissue and blood clots that come from a miscarriage, being that they are so small. But, when the fetus/embryo is found, all you have to do is look at the arms and know there is no possible way it can rub its eyes. The arms are not long enough.

Not with the new 3d images.
This little babys hand is right there at it's head.
What 12 to 23 Weeks Pregnant Looks Like in 3D Ultrasounds Babble

It's bullshit.

At 12 weeks...

A. Nothing you could see without a microscope
B. Nothing you could distinguish from a clot of blood
C. Nothing that has a human form

Having a soul isn't the issue.
Being able to react to pain is the primary identifier that a fetus, or any animal for that matter, is a living being.

Some folks seem to have more concern for animals than humans because they consider humans to be a disease infecting the Earth. You need to realize that we are all here for a purpose.

Here you go...

Except that there is an innocent little life inside her that can't speak for itself.

Having a soul isn't the issue.
Being able to react to pain is the primary identifier that a fetus, or any animal for that matter, is a living being.

Some folks seem to have more concern for animals than humans because they consider humans to be a disease infecting the Earth. You need to realize that we are all here for a purpose.

A 12 week old fetus doesn't feel any pain.

You're free to believe whatever you want but its the bible which means it has no relationship to facts. Including the ludicrous accusation that anyone is killing "children".

Your beliefs don't negate a woman's sovereign right to control of her own body. If it was YOUR body the law wanted to control, if it was YOU who was being forced to reproduce, you would sing a different tune.

MYOB

if you don't want to hear what the bible teaches on a subject then dont ask what it teaches.

abortion kills children. That's pure fact, regardless of what the bibl says. And defending the innocent of the world is my business. So I am minding it.
Lots of shit kills children after they are born but none if it warrants the attention of the right.

“if you don't believe in killing children why start a thread advocating it and challenging those who fight against it?”

Abortion is not 'killing children,' it's a lie and demagoguery to maintain otherwise; consequently you and others on the right are fighting against the civil rights of women and their protected liberty to decide for themselves matters both personal and private.

denial is unhealthy. Anyone who can heart the Childs heartbeat, see the hold or feel him or her move knows it's a child.

absolutely no woman walks around and says "I'm going to have a fetus!" or "I'm carrying a fetus"

and absolutely no scientist can honestly say that an unborn child doesn't have it's own unique DNA.

reality is that abortion kills children. It doesn't change simply because you close your heart to it.

PEACH174 SAID:

"Ah yes something that the left are experts at."

'The left' understands and respects the Constitution and its case law; 'the left' respects the rights and liberties of American citizens, and respects and supports the right to privacy each citizens is entitled to – including the right to make personal, private decisions free from unwarranted interference from the state.

Most conservatives, unfortunately, seem to be experts at seeking only to increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

You might want to rethink that seeing as how all Dem programs are forced on us and both parties seek to expand the size and authority of government.

Here you go...

Except that there is an innocent little life inside her that can't speak for itself.

FETUS: Mom, are you there?
MOM: Yes, 12 week old fetus, what is it?
FETUS: I just wanted to tell you that if you feel any kicks or rumblings or feel tiny footsteps inside you or anything like that, don't panic. It's just me taking a little walk.
MOM: All right dear, but don't touch my liver, and be back in your placenta by dinner time.
FETUS: Thanks mom!

Those pictures purported to be 12 week old fetuses are nothing of the kind, they are older fetuses passed off as 12 weeks old.

Forum List

Back