Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

Carla_Danger

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2013
A Red Welfare State
I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

Thankfully subjective religious dogma is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant – where each person is at liberty to decide for himself when life begins, in accordance with is own good faith and good conscience.

Before such philosophical questions arose during the enlightenment our more primitive ancestors didn't consider an infant a person until it was accepted by the father, if not it was usually abandoned to the night scavengers at the edge of the village. The practice was so ubiquitous as to go unremarked in the bible except for the story of Moses which had a happy ending.

Thankfully subjective religious dogma is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant – where each person is at liberty to decide for himself when life begins, in accordance with is own good faith and good conscience.

And I wholeheartedly agree. I'm just wondering how religious nutters came to this conclusion.

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.
You failed by comparing humans to pancakes... Good Grief man, get a grip how bout it, I mean how silly is your post or OP ? I'd say it's a ten on the silly scale that consist of the numbers one through ten.

What proof do you have that they are fake pictures or that they are extremists?
A premature birth can survive at 24 weeks.
The baby is not fully formed at 6 months or even 7 months yet outside the womb they have a good survival rate. At 23 weeks it is 15%, 24 weeks 55% and 25 weeks about 80%

You failed by comparing humans to pancakes... Good Grief man, get a grip how bout it, I mean how silly is your post or OP ? I'd say it's a ten on the silly scale that consist of the numbers one through ten.

Okay, then lets compare it to sperm, or a little guppie-shaped bit of red jelly. (my analogy is appropriate)

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being. An early fetus cannot think or feel pleasure or pain. Its muscles jerk periodically as part of its development, however, it isn't a person.

Last edited:

The baby is not fully formed at 6 months or even 7 months yet outside the womb they have a good survival rate. At 23 weeks it is 15%, 24 weeks 55% and 25 weeks about 80%

A 6 month fetus can sometimes survive, but there's a good chance it's going to be blind and mentally retarded and cerebral palsied and have myriad other health problems should extreme urgent care manage to make it live, and the reason that's a horror is because by forcing something not ready to be born to stay alive when it shouldn't, you're bringing pain and misery into the world, and that is an evil thing indeed.

Oh, and the reason I know they are extremist is because a baby doesn't walk or rub its eyes at 12 weeks. :eek:

Before such philosophical questions arose during the enlightenment our more primitive ancestors didn't consider an infant a person until it was accepted by the father, if not it was usually abandoned to the night scavengers at the edge of the village. The practice was so ubiquitous as to go unremarked in the bible except for the story of Moses which had a happy ending.

We all like to think that human beings value babies but really, we never have.

Its as bad now as in any other time in history and in the US, the rabid right loves fetuses but hates women and babies.

10404416_387092648115587_3789556038529963983_n_zps0d7abec0.jpg

Okay, then lets compare it to sperm, or a little guppie-shaped bit of red jelly. (my analogy is appropriate)

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being. An early fetus cannot think or feel pleasure or pain. Its muscles jerk periodically as part of its development, however, it isn't a person.

It is a human.
It most certainly is not a dog or cat.

I'm sorry it bothers you that Christians dont think you should kill your children. And I'm sorry it doesn't bother you to kill your children.

as for your question, the bible is very clear that the spirit of man is created before conception. The Lord told Jeremiah that He knew him before he was conceived.

on the day of judgment the Lord will hold us accountable for how we treat the most innocent among us. The unborn child doesn't get more innocent. How do you want to be able to answer Him?

A 6 month fetus can sometimes survive, but there's a good chance it's going to be blind and mentally retarded and cerebral palsied and have myriad other health problems should extreme urgent care manage to make it live, and the reason that's a horror is because by forcing something not ready to be born to stay alive when it shouldn't, you're bringing pain and misery into the world, and that is an evil thing indeed.

Oh, and the reason I know they are extremist is because a baby doesn't walk or rub its eyes at 12 weeks. :eek:

So just murder the little infant because it isn't perfect.

Here you go...

This is an extremist site.

12 WEEK OLD BABY WALKS IN THE WOMB!

12 WEEK OLD BABY WALKS IN THE WOMB

So just murder the little infant because it isn't perfect.

stawman.png

Here you go...

So you have a problem with the new 3D ultrasound images pioneered by Professor Stuart Campbell at London's Create Health Clinic?
3D ultrasound has showed movement of the infant much more clearly.
It is these new 3d images that is changing the minds of our young people in colleges all across the land and they are becoming more pro life.
3D Ultrasound Photo Gallery

I'm sorry it bothers you that Christians dont think you should kill your children. And I'm sorry it doesn't bother you to kill your children.

as for your question, the bible is very clear that the spirit of man is created before conception. The Lord told Jeremiah that He knew him before he was conceived.

on the day of judgment the Lord will hold us accountable for how we treat the most innocent among us. The unborn child doesn't get more innocent. How do you want to be able to answer Him?

My children are alive and well, thank you. I don't believe in killing children either.

I don't believe in sky wizards, and I'm not wearing any magic underwear.

You're free to believe whatever you want but its the bible which means it has no relationship to facts. Including the ludicrous accusation that anyone is killing "children".

Your beliefs don't negate a woman's sovereign right to control of her own body. If it was YOUR body the law wanted to control, if it was YOU who was being forced to reproduce, you would sing a different tune.

MYOB

Jeremiah 1:4-5 ESV /

Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 127:3 ESV /

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Exodus 21:22-25English Standard Version (ESV)

22 “When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 But if there is harm,[a] then you shall pay life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Here you go...

So you have a problem with the new 3D ultrasound images pioneered by Professor Stuart Campbell at London's Create Health Clinic?
3D ultrasound has showed movement of the infant much more clearly.
It is these new 3d images that is changing the minds of our young people in colleges all across the land and they are becoming more pro life.
3D Ultrasound Photo Gallery

Yes, it's bogus. A 12 week old fetus does tend to be difficult to locate among the blood, tissue and blood clots that come from a miscarriage, being that they are so small. But, when the fetus/embryo is found, all you have to do is look at the arms and know there is no possible way it can rub its eyes. The arms are not long enough.

It is a human.
It most certainly is not a dog or cat.
But as a fact of Constitutional law the embryo/fetus is not a person entitled to Constitutional protections; that some perceive 'personhood' to begin at conception means that they shouldn't have an abortion, it doesn't mean they may seek to prohibit a woman from terminating her pregnancy through force of law in violation of the woman's right to privacy, and in violation of current privacy rights jurisprudence.

Forum List

Back