Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

and yet you want the women to suffer?

is making somebody finish what they started "making them suffer"?.....
Since when is rape or incest finishing what someone started? This is the one of a great many issues that you religious zealots fail to address and cannot account for.

It's quite a double standard that you worship your various gawds whose serial mass murder wantonly murdered unborn children, yet you fraudulently claim some right to force your religious beliefs on others.

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.
They thought back then we thought with our hearts and the world was flat and didn't move.

no one is eager to kill.

we're eager for you to stay the hell out of women's decision making processes which are constitutionally protected.
"I stand behind a woman's right to kill her unborn child anytime she damn well pleases but I'm not eager about it"......
And zealots like you stand behind your perceived right to force your extremist beliefs on others.

You christian Taliban have been on the wrong side of what most Americans believe to be an issue of women's health, reproductive rights and personal freedoms for decades.
oh my.....raise the specter of being denied the right to kill unborn children and the left accuses you of being terrorists.......talk about extremism......

no one is killing children.

you're out of your mind. but i guess that goes with being a religious zealot.
Thou shalt not kill...

Conspiracy theories won't resuscitate your bankrupt argument.

Conspiracy theories?

You painted me with such a wide brush throwing me in with the Holy-rollers, Bible-bangers, and the Roman Catholics......

I haven't been to church in years. The sermons sometimes turns my stomach. I can't stand televangelists.

I just know that abortion is a serious issue.....I'm a defender for those who can't defend themselves from a lousy mother.

What I'm doing is witnessing to people who take life so lightly that is can be snuffed out because they think a moment's indiscretion can be solved by charging it to Uncle Sam......cuz having to raise the little darling would be such a total drag. There should be heavy consequences for not using a rubber. I also understand that some women can't go on the pill and still others can't control their menstrual cycles properly without them. Yet all of the women who just like going to Frat-parties are using up all of the benefits needed by the poor.

It's a complicated subject......and should be left up to physicians.....not dirtbag politicians.

It should be between a woman and her doctor. That's the whole idea around being pro-choice. You say you're a defender for those who can't defend themselves from a lousy mother. IMO, that's a big contradiction since you're anti-choice, and would love to force women to carry full term. Also, how many crack babies are you willing to adopt? Just curious.

"There should be heavy consequences for not using a rubber."

How are you going to enforce that, crotch-sniffer?
Fuck you too.

Once again.....I never said I wanted to prevent anyone from committing this crime. I left it up to your conscience.

So fuck off.

"There should be heavy consequences for not using a rubber."

Again I ask, how are you going to enforce this, my little crotch-sniffer?:p

It's not up to me, c#nt.

You're the one who typed that ridiculous comment, crotch sniffer.

Since when is rape or incest finishing what someone started? This is the one of a great many issues that you religious zealots fail to address and cannot account for.

It's quite a double standard that you worship your various gawds whose serial mass murder wantonly murdered unborn children, yet you fraudulently claim some right to force your religious beliefs on others.

Hollie, women don't get pregnant from rape. Our bodies have a way of shutting that whole thing down!!! :D

Is explaining the law to you zealots an exercise in futility as you're incredibly dense?
Explaining mans law is one thing, but how about Gods law in which you clearly ignore? Can you explain why we die? What law governs that? Can you change that law? No you can't.

Yikes! Wowza!

Hollie, women don't get pregnant from rape. Our bodies have a way of shutting that whole thing down!!! :D
Oh, I just cringe thinking of some creepy old man making that comment. :)

"Do you agree... that a fetus isn't human"

no, i do not.

i believe the OP is probably making fun of emotional nutjobs like you.

That little blob of red jelly certainly has the potential to become a person. :p

However, there are no 12 week old fetuses walking around, rubbing its eyes, as the conservative christian extremist sites would have people believe.
how do you explain the ultrasound images of 11 week old fetuses that aren't little blobs of red jelly?......or are you claiming Parents magazine is part of some anti-abortion propaganda campaign?......

You've seen pictures, have you?

If you're seeing hands and feet, then yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Again, an 11, 12, or 13 week old fetus is...

A. Nothing you could see without a microscope
B. Nothing you could distinguish from a clot of blood
C. Nothing that has a human form

Most of these pictures on the web are photos of later-stage embryos and fetuses, or greatly magnified to look as though they were visible with the naked eye.

here is a picture that Snopes.com publishes to show what a REAL 12 week old fetus looks like.....
real12fetus.jpg

need a microscope?......
snopes.com 12-Week Fetus Photograph

why is it that baby killers think that 100% of abortions are the result of rape?......the actual number is 1%.....why do you need to kill 100 children for every woman who is raped?......

no, i do not.

That little blob of red jelly certainly has the potential to become a person. :p

However, there are no 12 week old fetuses walking around, rubbing its eyes, as the conservative christian extremist sites would have people believe.
how do you explain the ultrasound images of 11 week old fetuses that aren't little blobs of red jelly?......or are you claiming Parents magazine is part of some anti-abortion propaganda campaign?......

Most of these pictures on the web are photos of later-stage embryos and fetuses, or greatly magnified to look as though they were visible with the naked eye.

here is a picture that Snopes.com publishes to show what a REAL 12 week old fetus looks like.....
real12fetus.jpg

need a microscope?......

no, i do not.

real12fetus.jpg

need a microscope?......
As long as you found that on a tabloid website, it must be true.

why is it that baby killers think that 100% of abortions are the result of rape?......the actual number is 1%.....why do you need to kill 100 children for every woman who is raped?......
Why is it that you religious zealots insist on imposing your Dark Ages attitudes on others?

You're the stereotype of the phony zealot who whines about " baby killing" while you take an absolutist position about providing no options for a woman who is the victim of rape, incest or a personal / medical decision about childbearing.

Fortunately, you zealots are out of touch both with the majority of Americans and decades of law.

Why is it that you religious zealots insist on imposing your Dark Ages attitudes on others?

You're the stereotype of the phony zealot who whines about " baby killing" while you take an absolutist position about providing no options for a woman who is the victim of rape, incest or a personal / medical decision about childbearing.

Fortunately, you zealots are out of touch both with the majority of Americans and decades of law.

This Nation has always had rules for abortion on rape, incest or the health of the mother even before roe vs. wade.
I don't know where you are getting this idea that the pro lifers are against this when they aren't.
The Supreme Court has ruled that it is legal and no one can outlaw abortion until the Supreme Court rules otherwise. Which I don't see happening anytime soon if ever.
That being said, there is nothing that says you can't have rules on when it should be past a certain time to abort or rules that make a woman's decision on abortion to become more educated on what she is aborting especially young teens.

It also seems to me that killing anything is in the Dark Ages.

This Nation has always had rules for abortion on rape, incest or the health of the mother even before roe vs. wade.
I don't know where you are getting this idea that the pro lifers are against this when they aren't.
The Supreme Court has ruled that it is legal and no one can outlaw abortion until the Supreme Court rules otherwise. Which I don't see happening anytime soon if ever.
That being said, there is nothing that says you can't have rules on when it should be past a certain time to abort or rules that make a woman's decision on abortion to become more educated on what she is aborting especially young teens.

Simply outlawing abortion except for cases of rape and to protect the life of the mother would eliminate all but a small percentage of abortions.

Simply outlawing abortion except for cases of rape and to protect the life of the mother would eliminate all but a small percentage of abortions.

Can't do that because of the Supreme Court ruling.

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

What difference does it make what is or is not interpreted, "divined", out of these so called scriptures? The bibles are fiction. You might just ask the same questions from Superman Comics.

Obviously a moral just society needs a road map to decide what is or is not homicide. We have one. It is called "Laws".

The question of abortion has been decided and laws drawn up to regulate the procedure.

It does not matter what a bunch of MEN that believe in sky pixies have to say about it.

"It does not matter what a bunch of MEN that believe in sky pixies have to say about it."

Oh, but it does matter.

Notice anything missing from this congressional birth control hearing?

18k29gsh1e872jpg.jpg

UUUUMMMmmmm...???? A woman?

"In Jewish law, although the human soul exists before birth, human life begins at birth, that is, at the time when the child is more than halfway emerged from the mother's body."
Judaism 101 Birth and the First Month of Life

Forum List

Back