Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

What difference does it make what is or is not interpreted, "divined", out of these so called scriptures? The bibles are fiction. You might just ask the same questions from Superman Comics.

Obviously a moral just society needs a road map to decide what is or is not homicide. We have one. It is called "Laws".

The question of abortion has been decided and laws drawn up to regulate the procedure.

It does not matter what a bunch of MEN that believe in sky pixies have to say about it.

What's that squealing I hear?
probably some liberal woman who just heard another state is requiring women to actually be aware of what it is they are killing when they have an abortion.......
As expected, you never did address your gawds mass murder of those unborn children you falsely claim to be fawning over.
so you consider abortion to be liberals exercising divine judgment against disobedience?......

no one is eager to kill.

we're eager for you to stay the hell out of women's decision making processes which are constitutionally protected.
"I stand behind a woman's right to kill her unborn child anytime she damn well pleases but I'm not eager about it"......
And zealots like you stand behind your perceived right to force your extremist beliefs on others.

You christian Taliban have been on the wrong side of what most Americans believe to be an issue of women's health, reproductive rights and personal freedoms for decades.
oh my.....raise the specter of being denied the right to kill unborn children and the left accuses you of being terrorists.......talk about extremism......

no one is eager to kill.

we're eager for you to stay the hell out of women's decision making processes which are constitutionally protected.
"I stand behind a woman's right to kill her unborn child anytime she damn well pleases but I'm not eager about it"......
And zealots like you stand behind your perceived right to force your extremist beliefs on others.

You christian Taliban have been on the wrong side of what most Americans believe to be an issue of women's health, reproductive rights and personal freedoms for decades.
Five decades this year, in fact.

And after half a century the unwarranted contempt for the rights of women remain.

because if they were actually pro life, they'd make sure that the kids were taken care of after they're born. instead they vote to cut SNAP.

you mean the "cut' when Democrats were stopped from expanding SNAP funds to families earning $80,000 a year?.......

"Do you agree... that a fetus isn't human"

no, i do not.

i believe the OP is probably making fun of emotional nutjobs like you.

That little blob of red jelly certainly has the potential to become a person. :p

However, there are no 12 week old fetuses walking around, rubbing its eyes, as the conservative christian extremist sites would have people believe.

there are no 12 week old fetuses walking around

on the contrary

everyone walking around

at one time was a 12 week fetus

no, i do not.

That little blob of red jelly certainly has the potential to become a person. :p

However, there are no 12 week old fetuses walking around, rubbing its eyes, as the conservative christian extremist sites would have people believe.
how do you explain the ultrasound images of 11 week old fetuses that aren't little blobs of red jelly?......or are you claiming Parents magazine is part of some anti-abortion propaganda campaign?......

Of course an embryo/fetus is human, but that's not the issue.

And yet again: as a fact of Constitutional law an embryo/fetus is not legally a person, and not entitled to Constitutional protections, consequently the right to privacy of the woman is paramount and immune from attack by the state.

This is why – also a fact of Constitutional law – abortion is not 'murder,' nor the embryo/fetus a 'baby,' to argue otherwise is ignorant and unfounded, or willful demagoguery.
You are merely a man, yet you can sit here and defend the murder of unborn children as based upon what men say? What would Jesus say? Is man more wise than he who had created him? Is it easier to kill because one has no God or recognizes no God?

60,000,000 dead children can't care.......They can't feel.....They can't contribute to society.....They can't pay taxes.
And you would force women to have those children as a function of your extremist religious beliefs. You need to step up to the plate and promise the means for care and shelter for those children.
Nobody forced them to fuck.

They had a choice.
Does that include rape?

No one forced you to think through your hysterical claims, so you never bothered.
what about the other 59,450,000?
What about your gawds mass murder of humanity per the Noah fable?
God murders no one, but rather he might transfer those that he decides to, from one place to another at any given time that he chooses too. He is life, and he either can allow us to stay here or he can take us to another place. Man has the ability to only do one of these things, but not the other. Now who do you trust, God or man? Think about it.

And yet again: as a fact of Constitutional law an embryo/fetus is not legally a person, and not entitled to Constitutional protections, consequently the right to privacy of the woman is paramount and immune from attack by the state.

This is why – also a fact of Constitutional law – abortion is not 'murder,' nor the embryo/fetus a 'baby,' to argue otherwise is ignorant and unfounded, or willful demagoguery.
You are merely a man, yet you can sit here and defend the murder of unborn children as based upon what men say? What would Jesus say? Is man more wise than he who had created him? Is it easier to kill because one has no God or recognizes no God?
We are a Nation of laws, we are subject solely to the rule of law, not subjective and irrelevant religious doctrine and dogma; and as a fact of Constitutional law an embryo/fetus is not a 'person' entitled to Constitutional protections, it is not a 'baby,' and abortion is not 'murder.'

You're at liberty to reject these facts if you wish, you are at liberty to believe 'personhood' begins at conception, but you are not at liberty to seek to compel others to conform to your errant, subjective beliefs through force of law, and in violation of a woman's right to privacy, and in violation of the Constitution.

We are a Nation of laws, we are subject solely to the rule of law, not subjective and irrelevant religious doctrine and dogma; and as a fact of Constitutional law an embryo/fetus is not a 'person' entitled to Constitutional protections, it is not a 'baby,' and abortion is not 'murder.'

You're at liberty to reject these facts if you wish, you are at liberty to believe 'personhood' begins at conception, but you are not at liberty to seek to compel others to conform to your errant, subjective beliefs through force of law, and in violation of a woman's right to privacy, and in violation of the Constitution.

How is it the right to murder your offspring before it is born Constitutional?

no one is eager to kill.

oh my.....raise the specter of being denied the right to kill unborn children and the left accuses you of being terrorists.......talk about extremism......

no one is killing children.

you're out of your mind. but i guess that goes with being a religious zealot.

no one is eager to kill.

Five decades this year, in fact.

And after half a century the unwarranted contempt for the rights of women remain.

because if they were actually pro life, they'd make sure that the kids were taken care of after they're born. instead they vote to cut SNAP.

you mean the "cut' when Democrats were stopped from expanding SNAP funds to families earning $80,000 a year?.......

I'm calling BS on this, unless you're talking about a family of 12. Got a link?

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.

What difference does it make what is or is not interpreted, "divined", out of these so called scriptures? The bibles are fiction. You might just ask the same questions from Superman Comics.

Obviously a moral just society needs a road map to decide what is or is not homicide. We have one. It is called "Laws".

The question of abortion has been decided and laws drawn up to regulate the procedure.

It does not matter what a bunch of MEN that believe in sky pixies have to say about it.

"It does not matter what a bunch of MEN that believe in sky pixies have to say about it."

Oh, but it does matter.

Notice anything missing from this congressional birth control hearing?

18k29gsh1e872jpg.jpg

no, i do not.

how do you explain the ultrasound images of 11 week old fetuses that aren't little blobs of red jelly?......or are you claiming Parents magazine is part of some anti-abortion propaganda campaign?......

You've seen pictures, have you?

If you're seeing hands and feet, then yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Again, an 11, 12, or 13 week old fetus is...

A. Nothing you could see without a microscope
B. Nothing you could distinguish from a clot of blood
C. Nothing that has a human form

Most of these pictures on the web are photos of later-stage embryos and fetuses, or greatly magnified to look as though they were visible with the naked eye.

What's that squealing I hear?
probably some liberal woman who just heard another state is requiring women to actually be aware of what it is they are killing when they have an abortion.......
As expected, you never did address your gawds mass murder of those unborn children you falsely claim to be fawning over.
so you consider abortion to be liberals exercising divine judgment against disobedience?......
As usual, you're not making sense.

Once again you danced around your gawds mass murder of unborn children per the Noah fable.

no one is eager to kill.

Oh my, raise the issue of your gawds mass murdering unborn children and the religious zealots scurry for cover.

Forum List

Back