Where did ‘We’ go??? : By Thomas Friedman

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
I hate to write about this, but I have actually been to this play before and it is really disturbing.

I was in Israel interviewing Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin just before he was assassinated in 1995. We had a beer in his office. He needed one. I remember the ugly mood in Israel then — a mood in which extreme right-wing settlers and politicians were doing all they could to delegitimize Rabin, who was committed to trading land for peace as part of the Oslo accords. They questioned his authority. They accused him of treason. They created pictures depicting him as a Nazi SS officer, and they shouted death threats at rallies. His political opponents winked at it all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/op...=1&ref=opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
What the fuck is he carrying on about now, people are picking on Obama?

"But if we destroy the legitimacy of another president to lead or to pull the country together for what most Americans want most right now — nation-building at home — we are in serious trouble"

Translation: It's OK to do it to Bush but Obama is special

Dems tried to stick a shiv in Dubya at every turn and they went as far as trying to strand our soldiers without funding and NOW he's asking where "We" went?

Dems tried to stick a shiv in Dubya at every turn and they went as far as trying to strand our soldiers without funding and NOW he's asking where "We" went?

What about those Republicans who voted against the funding bills because it would no longer strand our men and women serving in some far off desert wasteland that we should of never went to in the first place? It's people like you who were probably calling others unAmerican to the lead up to the Iraq War because they felt we shouldn't of gone in.

What the fuck is he carrying on about now, people are picking on Obama?

"But if we destroy the legitimacy of another president to lead or to pull the country together for what most Americans want most right now — nation-building at home — we are in serious trouble"

Translation: It's OK to do it to Bush but Obama is special

somebody needs to send that libtard the memo on R E S P E C T. :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back