Where are you?

Thing is, I think all life is worth fighting for, including the gay ones. I am still navigating the waters here because I am relatively new to this side of the issue. But make no mistake about it, I want gay people to have the right to live and be free wherever they are, without persecution.

Thing is, I think all life is worth fighting for, including the gay ones. I am still navigating the waters here because I am relatively new to this side of the issue. But make no mistake about it, I want gay people to have the right to live and be free wherever they live, without persecution.

Take a step back, and really think about you what you're trying to argue in this thread. Are you trying to shame the LGBT movement for not succeeding enough, or for not trying?

What is it - be specific - that the international LGBT movement is not doing, that you believe they should be doing?

Are you really in such a morally superior position from which to criticize the efforts of others?

But it did. Changing the world isn't as simple as just wishing for it. Being an activist can kill you.

If a cause is worthy enough, that shouldn't matter.

Of course. History has shown that a million times over.

But are you really in a position to shame others for not sacrificing their lives for their beliefs?

Don't for a second think that they're not getting financial support for the west.

And as I asked before, has it worked? Activists are getting arrested, imprisoned, and yes, some of them are being executed for their activism in the Eastern countries. Money isn't doing them much good is it?

Again - In your opinion, what should American LGBT activists be doing?

But are you really in a position to shame others for not sacrificing their lives for their beliefs?

No. I never said I was. But I find it disconcerting that we aren't doing more. So much for the whole idea of being that "shining light on a hill" Reagan was talking about.

You don't have to die to fight for gay rights, you can take the missionary approach. Hey, it's worked for Christianity for thousands of years.

Again - In your opinion, what should American LGBT activists be doing?

Take the missionary approach. Spread the "gospel" so to speak. Spur change through sheer numbers.

There has never been a "sheer" number of LGBT activists.

But don't for a second think that what you're saying isn't happening.

No. I never said I was. But I find it disconcerting that we aren't doing more. So much for the whole idea of being that "shining light on a hill" Reagan was talking about.

You don't have to die to fight for gay rights, you can take the missionary approach. Hey, it's worked for Christianity for thousands of years.

Yeah right nobody ever died for the cause of Christianity. lolol

As you said, the purpose of this entire thread was to shame LGBT activists.

Explain to me what gives you the moral high ground in which to judge.

What makes you think that isn't happening?

Is it? You don't see many examples (with the exception of Ireland) of it happening on the news. One example of that in my own life is that I have a Muslim friend, who is also gay. He had to move to Canada to escape oppression in his own country in Saudi Arabia. He has to hide his homosexuality from his parents or risk being disowned or worse.

Thing is, I think all life is worth fighting for, including the gay ones. I am still navigating the waters here because I am relatively new to this side of the issue. But make no mistake about it, I want gay people to have the right to live and be free wherever they are, without persecution.

You just advocated killing Muslims.

Is it? You don't see many examples (with the exception of Ireland) of it happening on the news. One example of that in my own life is that I have a Muslim friend, who is also gay. He had to move to Canada to escape oppression in his own country in Saudi Arabia. He has to hide his homosexuality from his parents or risk being disowned or worse.

Show this guy your posts here. See if he's still your friend.

BTW, I don't think many people here believe that you have a gay Muslim friend.

From Russia With Love Photos of Brave Gay Activists Fighting Homophobia Mother Jones

Yes, it's Mother Jones. But it'll answer some of your questions.

Gays have consistingly decried the atrocious act committed by ISIS. We can decry their acts and at the same time worry about rights here. Perhaps you can't do two things at once but I sure as hell can.
We know...you can take it at both ends at once. Not that there's anything wrong wid dat...

Forum List

Back