Where are the unsafe bridges?

Thousands and thousands of unsafe bridges in this nation, folks.

Usually we get to them in time.

Every once in a while, one falls down.

The one I pointed to, when the man who DESIGNED the thing saw it, was condemned for all TRUCKS, before he even submitted a report.

It's still standing, alongside the new bridge.

Why?

Because it costs so much to dismantle it, that's why!

The greatest country in the world, and we can't even maintain our bridges.

This nation is a falling apart while we squabble over nonsense, and build bridges in Asia.

Does anyone in America understand you have no money? That you are broke? And whether it be bridges that this twit wants to fix or it be a health care system, he spent you into oblivion to pay back all his donors and you are trillions and quizzillions of dollars in debt and screw bridges. You're fucked.

Holy toledo people. I've lived both sides of this border and I've never witnessed anything like this in my lifetime.

Spend more money? What fucking money? You don't have any. What part of you are spent into the ground don't you understand>

Please any conservative just grab a liberal now and smack them. Sheesh. What part of "you are completely broke" don't libs get?

So if I follow your logic one should not replace the leaky shingles on their house if one does not have the $5,000 to re-roof? Or replace the brakes on their car if they don't have the $250 laying around? If you don't fix the roof or the brakes (and borrow the money if need be) then you'll face a far worse scenario, right?

Do you think the interstate highways or many airports would have been built (or even wars protecting our freedoms would have been fought) if the government didn't have access to borrowed funds?

Yes. We are in debt to our eyeballs. But not fixing needed infrastructure cannot be an option.

Hey let everyone chip in and pay a goods and services tax. EVERYONE. They call in VAT in Europe. We call it GST here. Pay tax on a goldfish to feed your oscars.

You pay for your hairdresser and taxi driver with a tax added to it so your government can spend more.

By all means. Pay more to assholes who don't do shit for you. And everyone pays. No kidding.Right across the board.

By all means give those morons in Washington more cash.

We could, however, make a different choice. The United States is an extremely low-tax country compared to the other economically advanced countries in the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. Over the past five years, the United States ranked 29th out of 33 member countries of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development in total tax revenue as a share of our economy, with only South Korea, Turkey, Mexico, and Chile collecting less than us. In fact, U.S. tax revenues were a full 8 percentage points of gross domestic product below the average OECD developed or developing country.

Excellent article. You should read it Tiny Dumbass. Don't worry, I'm confident you won't learn anything.

Does anyone in America understand you have no money? That you are broke? And whether it be bridges that this twit wants to fix or it be a health care system, he spent you into oblivion to pay back all his donors and you are trillions and quizzillions of dollars in debt and screw bridges. You're fucked.

Holy toledo people. I've lived both sides of this border and I've never witnessed anything like this in my lifetime.

Spend more money? What fucking money? You don't have any. What part of you are spent into the ground don't you understand>

Please any conservative just grab a liberal now and smack them. Sheesh. What part of "you are completely broke" don't libs get?

So if I follow your logic one should not replace the leaky shingles on their house if one does not have the $5,000 to re-roof? Or replace the brakes on their car if they don't have the $250 laying around? If you don't fix the roof or the brakes (and borrow the money if need be) then you'll face a far worse scenario, right?

Do you think the interstate highways or many airports would have been built (or even wars protecting our freedoms would have been fought) if the government didn't have access to borrowed funds?

Yes. We are in debt to our eyeballs. But not fixing needed infrastructure cannot be an option.

Oh sweet lord. No one is saying that roads and bridges don't need fixing. For crying out loud here.

Let's be real.

Oh sweet lord. No one is saying that roads and bridges don't need fixing. For crying out loud here.

Let's be real.

Oh no, nobody's saying that, heavens no. You're just saying the need for infrastructure is preceded by the need for the rich to have low taxes.

We could, however, make a different choice. The United States is an extremely low-tax country compared to the other economically advanced countries in the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. Over the past five years, the United States ranked 29th out of 33 member countries of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development in total tax revenue as a share of our economy, with only South Korea, Turkey, Mexico, and Chile collecting less than us. In fact, U.S. tax revenues were a full 8 percentage points of gross domestic product below the average OECD developed or developing country.

Excellent article. You should read it Tiny Dumbass. Don't worry, I'm confident you won't learn anything.

Pay the taxes. By all means. Right across the board. Pay it right out your ass. Pay it right out your nose.

I've been paying GST for years. You want to bleed for your programs by all means go ahead and do so.

You can even find programs like we have in Ottawa where we give winos booze.

On the west coast we have a program on Vancouver Island where people actually cycle around and give heroine addicts free syringes.

Hell's bells. Isn't life that fucking grand that complete losers get to suck off the taxpayers tits.

Pay the taxes. By all means. Right across the board. Pay it right out your ass. Pay it right out your nose.

I've been paying GST for years. You want to bleed for your programs by all means go ahead and do so.

You can even find programs like we have in Ottawa where we give winos booze.

On the west coast we have a program on Vancouver Island where people actually cycle around and give heroine addicts free syringes.

Hell's bells. Isn't life that fucking grand that complete losers get to suck off the taxpayers tits.

Weren't we talking about infrastructure? :eusa_eh:

Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

But I'm not sure what thread that is in.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

As a rule localities and states wont get off their ass unless free money for repairs is available. It doesnt have to be an interstate for the crys to go out for money. This thread alone proves that.

Let's be real.

Yes, let's. We aren't going to be able to rebuild our infrastructure without revenue increases. There needs to be cuts as well, but they DON'T need to be on the backs of our poor and elderly. Let's cut our Middle East Contractors first. Instead of paying them a ridiculous wage building showers that electrocute our troops, they can compete for jobs where they can electrocute us over here (but here we can actually SUE THE FUCK out of them)

Before we cut SS and Medicare, how about we cut subsidies to ANY company, corporation, industry, etc that makes a profit?

Before we make more draconian cuts to education, how about we close tax loopholes?

Before we slash and burn the important social safety nets for the country's most vulnerable, how about we stop believing it was a good idea to invade two countries and CUT TAXES?

Let's be real.

Oh no, nobody's saying that, heavens no. You're just saying the need for infrastructure is preceded by the need for the rich to have low taxes.

Come up with one post of mine that said that. Because you can't/

All I have done is said that if you want it, you got it. Right across the board. Make everybody pay.

Be careful what you wish for. Please. We are so taxed to death up here it's unreal. But hey all the social programs are in place for druggies.

I pay 5% tax on everything including the air I breathe for losers. There's a certain point you have to go, NO. I don't want to pay anymore.

But if you libs want to have all these programs, then you pay a goods and services tax or a what's Pelosi calling it hehehehe Value Added tax.

Have fun.

Oh for crying out loud. Who owns you? China and Britain and Japan. Go look it up.

Get real,

Anyone of these countries pulls the plug, you are toast.

Please stop. You could fix all these but with this dream on mentality that you are not in debt is nothing short of insanity.

And this is why they will pull the plug.

Now everyone chip in and pay 5 to 7 % across the board.

Don't you love your country? Come on libs. Chip in. Be patriotic.

we are almost at the point where 25% of revenue goes to debt service.

With 16 trillion in debt how is it we are not broke?

The top 20 percent of Americans now holds 84 percent of U.S. wealth

The 11 Wealthiest Countries In The World By Financial Assets(US is #1)

Taxes at 60 Year Low

We're not broke...

Oh for crying out loud. Who owns you? China and Britain and Japan. Go look it up.

Get real,

Anyone of these countries pulls the plug, you are toast.

Please stop. You could fix all these but with this dream on mentality that you are not in debt is nothing short of insanity.

And this is why they will pull the plug.

Why thank you for the helpful advice...I did exactly what you recommended and looked it up. Have you? :lol:

Forum List

Back