Where are the unsafe bridges?

How many of those years was there a Republican Governor? Democrats want to do things. Republicans want to stop them. It's the same old story.

Why wasn't it "Shovel ready" 2 years ago?

Shovel ready means the work is ready to begin now. Republicans don't understand how things are built. For instance, when it comes to a dam or bridge, you can't just throw a few boards across a ravine. You need to study the surrounding ground to make sure rain won't soften it or an earthquake won't knock it down. A foundation needs to be built and that's only the beginning. The "need" makes it shovel ready. After planning, study and design, then the first shovel hits the ground. But the work, meaning jobs, has already been going on.

Republicans in congress sure scooped up the stimulus money fast enough for projects in their districts. They created hundreds of thousands of jobs, which they took credit for, all the while insisting the stimulus didn't create a single job. You know it's because Obama is black. They just can't give him credit for anything. He must have taken Affirmative Action. He must have been "GIVEN" good grades. He just has to fail, no matter the cost to the country. He just has to.

It was your dear leader, and Democrats who didn't understand how things get built asshole. It was Obama and you Dems saying we have all sorts of Shovel Ready projects around the country. We Republicans knew nothing is Shovel Ready.

Now your Dear Leader is out there basically doing it again.

Why didArizona, Texas and other states use 95% of their stimulus funds to balance state budgets for 2 years instead of fixing infrastructure?
Good question

Why did both red and blue states use the money from the stimulus for state budgets?

Because it was allowed!

Did anyone ever offer an amendment to require that the stimulus money only be spent on infrastructure projects?

I dont know. It started by allowing these funds to go to current projects. Used on infrastructure of course. Freeing up money for whatever. That opened the flood gate.

Shovel ready means the work is ready to begin now. Republicans don't understand how things are built. For instance, when it comes to a dam or bridge, you can't just throw a few boards across a ravine. You need to study the surrounding ground to make sure rain won't soften it or an earthquake won't knock it down. A foundation needs to be built and that's only the beginning. The "need" makes it shovel ready. After planning, study and design, then the first shovel hits the ground. But the work, meaning jobs, has already been going on.

Republicans in congress sure scooped up the stimulus money fast enough for projects in their districts. They created hundreds of thousands of jobs, which they took credit for, all the while insisting the stimulus didn't create a single job. You know it's because Obama is black. They just can't give him credit for anything. He must have taken Affirmative Action. He must have been "GIVEN" good grades. He just has to fail, no matter the cost to the country. He just has to.

Why wasn't our integrity of our infrastructure a priority to Obama and the Democrat veto-proof majority Deany? Why was Obama handing out 1/2 billion to bankrupt Green energy companies run by his cronies? How many lives did Obama and the Dems risk? Why are you OK With that?

Why didArizona, Texas and other states use 95% of their stimulus funds to balance state budgets for 2 years instead of fixing infrastructure?

Why would you single out Texas and Arizona for doing what all the states did?

Oh that's right, cause you are a partisan Hack.

Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

But I'm not sure what thread that is in.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Obama was playing Fast and loose with the Facts again. the Term Structurally Deficient does not necessarily means the bridge is ready to fall down. The Term is used to describe any shortcoming of a Structure. In the Case of a bridge it could simply mean the thing is not wide enough and 2 more lanes are needed for to be Structurally sufficient.

So the American standard should be "eh, good enough"?

More of that race to the bottom...

So because I point out that Obama tried to scare people and make them think 173 Bridges are ready to fall down when the truth is they are just in need of Widening, or something. You assume that means I think we should not do anything to our Bridges eh?

I never stated my opinion, simply pointing out how dishonest, and how much of a fear mongering asshole, Obama is. We do not need some asshole scaring people and misleading them, in order to decide if bridges need widening or not.

Period.

Last edited:

Oh jeez! Do you even have a driver's license. You must live in some flat place like Florida or somethin'.
You are on crack.
There are plenty of bridges in Florida. How the fuck do you think those roads go over all those creeks and rivers?
Nice question there, Captain Vapidity?

Why are you libs trying to demonize states for taking stimulus Money and using it to plug Budget Gaps? They were simply doing the responsible thing. You take any state with a huge Budget shortfall, and hand them billions, with no hard and fast rule saying they must use it to build roads and schools, and they will use it to plug their Budget gaps. Simply common sense.

You want to blame someone, blame the idiots who passed the bill, and handed Out Billions, with out any direction, or Rules, as to how it was spent.

Oh jeez! Do you even have a driver's license. You must live in some flat place like Florida or somethin'.
You are on crack.
There are plenty of bridges in Florida. How the fuck do you think those roads go over all those creeks and rivers?
Nice question there, Captain Vapidity?

ROFLMAO, dude thinks cause Florida is flat it has no bridges? LOL

He needs to fly over Florida sometime. From the air most of Florida looks like a bunch of Islands, there is so much water to cross everywhere.

Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

But I'm not sure what thread that is in.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.
Here's a link to the Federal Highway Authority bridge section.
I can assume "#def" means "deficient"...
Deficient Bridges by State and Highway System - NBI - Programs - Bridge - FHWA

Where Obama got his number from is a mystery..
Looks like there are over 140,000 so called deficient bridges across the nation.
I know of one here in NC. The I-85 bridge over the Yadkin River. This structure...well here's a link to that as well....NCDOT: I-85 Corridor Improvement Project
It is being replaced as we speak.
Please note no mention of the "Shovel Ready Recovery Act.
Yes the State poof NC is funding the project.....Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......how's that stimulus money doing?

This man who cares so much about bridges spent how many trillions fixing them on the last round?

Why aren't they all fixed with shovel ready buckolas?

Ask the people in the respective states who go the money. Ohio and Kentucky both had Dem Governors, but what about their statehouses?

Come on libs. Your man is becoming a bigger joke daily.

You have a wierd way of laughing, then, cuz you actually seem pretty pissed.

Why are you libs trying to demonize states for taking stimulus Money and using it to plug Budget Gaps? They were simply doing the responsible thing. You take any state with a huge Budget shortfall, and hand them billions, with no hard and fast rule saying they must use it to build roads and schools, and they will use it to plug their Budget gaps. Simply common sense.

You want to blame someone, blame the idiots who passed the bill, and handed Out Billions, with out any direction, or Rules, as to how it was spent.

Guys like you would have bitched even louder that the Prez was being a "dictator", if there were more rules attached. God knows the fuckin' Republican governors whined the loudest even with the few rules that were put in place.

Guys like you would have bitched even louder that the Prez was being a "dictator", if there were more rules attached. God knows the fuckin' Republican governors whined the loudest even with the few rules that were put in place.

What we do know is that Biden was placed in charge of stimulus fraud. It then exploded with new congressional districts, prisoners being paid etc.

When does your side MAN UP?

What we do know is that Biden was placed in charge of stimulus fraud. It then exploded with new congressional districts, prisoners being paid etc.

Man up to WHAT, exactly?

We've had one in the Bay Area since the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Instead of replacing the eastern span of the Bay Bridge quickly, local politicians argued about the design for years while community groups lobbied to have it "moved" because the old location was "racist".

22 years later, people are still driving across the obsolete "dangerous" bridge.

Thanks Government!

Sad, but most people think " What choice do we have?"
The choice is to maintain..Not wait until the thing is ready to collapse then go "OOPS!!!"
Obama's jobs plan has ZERO to do with anything. That is except gain political points.
In case you forgot. Obama's jobs plan also included schools. That is a STATE and local issue. However, it sounded real good in his campaign speech of two weeks ago.
Sheesh!

Man up to WHAT, exactly?

Your hyperbole...................Straw argument if you will.

So I have to ask again, were these not "Shovel ready" projects 2 years ago? Did the Tea Party sabotage them?

No. But propose government spending to fix them and who will yell, scream and cry the loudest?

No one is stating government money should be used.
The objection is to the lie. That none of these projects were going to be funded by state and federal money in the first place.
Obama had two cracks at this with the previous stimulus plans. Another half trillion isn't going to change a thing.
You must educate yourself to recognize a political campaign speech.
Obama was pandering to his base.

Could this be one?

Eng2.jpg

:lol:

Obviously that was a wicked bridge. You can tell because a house fell on it.
Somebody was moving their mobile home when the bridge gave way.
Brilliant observation!!!

Does anyone in America understand you have no money? That you are broke? And whether it be bridges that this twit wants to fix or it be a health care system, he spent you into oblivion to pay back all his donors and you are trillions and quizzillions of dollars in debt and screw bridges. You're fucked.

Holy toledo people. I've lived both sides of this border and I've never witnessed anything like this in my lifetime.

Spend more money? What fucking money? You don't have any. What part of you are spent into the ground don't you understand>

Please any conservative just grab a liberal now and smack them. Sheesh. What part of "you are completely broke" don't libs get?

We're not broke, imbecile. We're still the richest country in the world by a huge margin. We just happen to have a group of rich fucks who would prefer to keep the wealth on their own balance sheets over paying for the infrastructure that helped make them rich.

Unfortunately, they also have undue influence over the government, and a propaganda machine that causes clueless ne'er-do-wells (ahem... YOU...) to take their side on the issue.

It's very sad actually.
No we ARE broke...When the projected government deficit over the next ten years is equal to the entire net worth of the country. that means we're broke.
And this idea that the government can just "raise taxes on the rich" and will be well is a democrat/Obama bullshit story.
The very idea that it is somehow evil to want to keep as much of what they earn as possible is evil to it's core.
Newsflash. Government has plenty of money. It just chooses to spend it unwisely on the wrong things. Then politicians have the gall to demand more.
The line in the sand being drawn is we've had enough of government waste and fraud. We're sick of cost over runs and lack of budgetary oversight. We're tired of government contractors continuing to be paid even though their projects are late and over budget while no one in government makes a single inquiry.
Get it?

Unfortunately, the last stimulus did not require that the money be used strictly for infrastructural which allowed hypocritical piece of shit governors to slam the stimulus in public, cash the checks in private and then plug the holes in their budgets (after writing big checks from it with their names on them for a photo op)

So tell us conservatives, what is your solution to our crumbling infrastructure. There's a lot of people that are poo-pooing the President's bipartisan and workable solution without offering any alternatives or solutions.

I get that the Republicans in Congress care more about politics than policy. They care more about making sure President Obama fails than in helping to ensure the success of the country...but what's the rest of ya'lls excuse?
It was a campaign speech. There is no Jobs Bill....And even if there were, there is no money in it for infrastructure. It's a Bill that allows for another half trillion dollars of slush fund money.
How much would you be willing to wager that if the Jobs Bill were passed, the vast majority of it would go to blue states with heavier concentrations of union labor?
BTW, the DNC is trying to ram out of state union labor down the the throats of Charlotte, NC to upfit the arena where the DNC Convention will be held.
Local construction companies and the general public are furious......This is liberalism in action.
Fuck all the people you can in the name of politics.

Forum List

Back