where are the starving american children ?

Surely, there comes a point where people have to be responsible for their own damned selves.

We make the resources available. If they don't take advantage of them, that's on them. If their refusal is such that they cause their children to strive, send them to prison for child neglect, abuse, and endangerment and let the other inmates teach them a lesson from that point.

Surely, there comes a point where people have to be responsible for their own damned selves.

We make the resources available. If they don't take advantage of them, that's on them. If their refusal is such that they cause their children to strive, send them to prison for child neglect, abuse, and endangerment and let the other inmates teach them a lesson from that point.

Fine, I got no problem with investigating neglect. In the meantime, feed the damned kids.

Fine, I got no problem with investigating neglect. In the meantime, feed the damned kids.

We do.

Really? You do?????

Kids cannot obtain their own food. Period. You act as if there are these little child food criminals out there finding ways to scam for food they don't need. That's ludicrous. And you pretend if they want the food, it's there for the taking. It's not.

Kids can't get food stamps on their own. They cant' get food from pantries on their own. All they can do is go to shelters and kids' clubs...and outside of METROPOLITAN centers, those DON'T exist.

There are a lot of hungry kids in the US, you elitist scum.

Ok...

How do we make them responsible?

Prison is your best answer? Aren't our prisons full enough with drug offenders?

We do.

then why are you bitching? You know how our reduced meal and free meals add up to in our school budget? 2% of a $10M budget. Who gives a shit about 2% of $10M if it's going to feed kids? If you're that upset about it, you find how much your share of your local school districts spending on this is and send me a PM and I'll mail you a check you cheap fuck.

I'd wager a lot of the kids being starved are being starved by foster parents, anyway. Taking them away from one problem and plopping them in the middle of another isn't going to fix anything.

Ok...

Sadly , you probably can't. So what you do instead is

A) Feed the kids
B) Keep the kids in school and concentrating on their school work rather than their grumbling tummies
C) Educate the children on the importance of good nutrition , exercise , etc etc
D) Hope they do better for their kids then they got

I'd wager a lot of the kids being starved are being starved by foster parents, anyway. Taking them away from one problem and plopping them in the middle of another isn't going to fix anything.

Foster parents who take in kids just for the check make me sick. They should be shot.

Ok...

A) Feed the kids
B) Keep the kids in school and concentrating on their school work rather than their grumbling tummies
C) Educate the children on the importance of good nutrition , exercise , etc etc

Right now...its the best we can do
We are talking about parents who sell food stamps to buy drugs. Hopefully, the kids can break the cycle

Ok...

A) Feed the kids

Right now...its the best we can do
We are talking about parents who sell food stamps to buy drugs. Hopefully, the kids can break the cycle

That's an entirely nother matter. Welfare abuse needs to be investigated and prosecuted. I was at WM the other day and some lady had cat food her pile of junk and the cashier tells her she can't pay for that with SNAP so she says "no problem, my cat will eat tuna just fine." That kinda thing just pisses me off, but not feeding kids isn't the answer.

ConHog, I'm going to give you props in this thread. You've made some valid points, along with others in this thread. Keep up the good work! :thup:

Tuna's cheaper than catfood anyway. I dont' know what they put into catfood that makes it so expensive...all I know is it makes my dog fucking break out.

Tuna's cheaper than catfood anyway. I dont' know what they put into catfood that makes it so expensive...all I know is it makes my dog fucking break out.

That fucking canned tuna IS cat food. GROSS.

Chicken and pork are the cheapest and most healthy dog and cat foods, and infinitely better for the pets.

My dog is allergic to beef and wheat gluten. It's fun trying to find food without it, and to keep her from eating my son's peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and gobbling the cat food if she can find it.

We eat a lot of pork and chicken, though. Probably at least half of what she eats is meat I've cooked for us (we share with her) and oatmeal. She loves oatmeal.

But I digress. Carry on.

Chicken and pork are the cheapest and most healthy dog and cat foods, and infinitely better for the pets.

My dog is allergic to beef and wheat gluten. It's fun trying to find food without it, and to keep her from eating my son's peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and gobbling the cat food if she can find it.

We eat a lot of pork and chicken, though. Probably at least half of what she eats is meat I've cooked for us (we share with her) and oatmeal. She loves oatmeal.

But I digress. Carry on.

My Danes eat whatever is on sale at WM , fuck they eat a 50lb bag in 2 weeks. They also eat leftovers.

But back to kids. I think anyone who would let a child go hungry is scum.

Or anyone who assumes kids can fend for themselves adequately.

That floors me.

Today I had a kid come in; he was living with a relative who was getting cash for him; he said he hadn't been there for months. He's homeless, and he's hungry. I can tell by looking at him. And he's a working fool, too. He actually had money in his pocket...because he works and he saves that money. Which means he doesn't eat. But as a young kid, in a rural area where grown men with families can't find work, work is iffy for him.

Anyway, the relative who is cashing in on him...I call her to ask when he moved out, and she said this month. Yeah, right. Then she goes on a tangent about how she can't keep track of him and she doesn't know where he stays, he just stays with different friends. I said, "then he's homeless". That sort of took her aback. She said, "Well yeah, I guess he is."

Anyway, I got him food. I might be able to keep his medical going too. He was dismissive of medical; he's healthy and doesn't want his parents to have to pay child support. But as I told him, if he's going to work driving combines, he might be grateful for health insurance at some point.

Relative got referred to the fraud investigation unit. It's a formality, though. I don't think the amount she defrauded the state of isn't enough to justify a full blown investigation.

Forum List

Back