Ex-Chicago cop convicted of lying about torture

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by sangha, Jun 28, 2010.

  1. sangha
    Offline

    sangha Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2010
    Messages:
    5,997
    Thanks Received:
    179
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +179
    More evidence that the bad cops are giving the other 1% a bad name


    The Associated Press: Ex-Chicago cop convicted of lying about torture

     
  2. blu
    Offline

    blu Senior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    Messages:
    6,836
    Thanks Received:
    774
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +775
    but its only 1% that give the other 99% a bad name! cops can do no wrong and we should all kiss their feet everytime we pass one!
     
  3. Political Junky
    Online

    Political Junky Gold Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2009
    Messages:
    21,162
    Thanks Received:
    3,173
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +6,594
    Torture him.
     
  4. hortysir
    Offline

    hortysir In Memorial of 47

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2010
    Messages:
    20,459
    Thanks Received:
    4,040
    Trophy Points:
    270
    Location:
    Lakeland, FL
    Ratings:
    +6,318
    Not on this Board.
    Seems every-other-day someone is starting a bad cop thread.



    :doubt:
     
  5. Mr. H.
    Offline

    Mr. H. Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2009
    Messages:
    44,172
    Thanks Received:
    9,277
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Location:
    A warm place with no memory.
    Ratings:
    +15,472
    I thought for sure he'd walk. Maybe there's hope for that city after all.
     
  6. Big Black Dog
    Offline

    Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2009
    Messages:
    23,086
    Thanks Received:
    5,210
    Trophy Points:
    260
    Ratings:
    +6,155
    I think you have this wrong. Only 1% of the Chicago police are "good" guys. The other 99% of the police force are like Chicago politicians...
     
  7. Defiant1
    Offline

    Defiant1 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2010
    Messages:
    3,549
    Thanks Received:
    540
    Trophy Points:
    165
    Ratings:
    +1,324
    He must be a Republican if he didn't get off.
     
  8. txlonghorn
    Offline

    txlonghorn Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Messages:
    3,042
    Thanks Received:
    399
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +399
    Doubt it...any old pig can find an acorn every now and then if he just keeps his nose in the mud long enough. But when it does, the only thing left is a very muddy, very nasty, very smelly old pig...who is probably still very hungry.

    One move toward justice isn't going to cure Chi-town...Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
     
  9. Mr. H.
    Offline

    Mr. H. Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2009
    Messages:
    44,172
    Thanks Received:
    9,277
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Location:
    A warm place with no memory.
    Ratings:
    +15,472
    True enough. I wonder if this will open the door to more lawsuits against the city.
     

Share This Page