Where are all the illegal aliens voting?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

Are there any more investigations going on?

after months of searching, only one alien falsely claiming to be a U.S. citizen has been caught, charged and convicted in Florida. It turns out he is a Canadian, a man who registered and voted in at least two presidential elections while masquerading as a citizen so he could also buy and “bear arms,” that other right cherished by many Americans.

Canadian the only illegal alien caught in U.S. fake-voter dragnet - The Globe and Mail

very strange indeed.

Stefan Kamph, a commentator for New Times Broward-Palm Beach, finds the irony delicious.

“Instead of seeing him as a criminal, the [Republican Party] should move to have Sever pardoned and hold him up on a pedestal,” he wrote. “After all, he abandoned the universal health care and tasty maple syrup of the Commie-nadian provinces to move to Florida, buy guns, and participate in the glory of our God-given democracy.”

“Unless,” Mr. Kamph added, “he voted for Obama. Then boot his ass back over the border.”

after months of searching, only one alien falsely claiming to be a U.S. citizen has been caught, charged and convicted in Florida. It turns out he is a Canadian, a man who registered and voted in at least two presidential elections while masquerading as a citizen so he could also buy and “bear arms,” that other right cherished by many Americans.

Canadian the only illegal alien caught in U.S. fake-voter dragnet - The Globe and Mail

Why didn't they go after the illegal who said on national television "we vote too" he was hispanic. It shouldn't be too hard to find him.

I am unaware that they started this to catch anyone doing anything. I thought this was in response to the huge number of dead people and otherwise undeletable voters were hanging out on the voter rolls crating opportunity for voter fraud. I don’t think that there are going to be a whole lot of people that fo REGISTER to vote illegally. That is plain dumb. It is far simpler just to use some of the names that you find in the obituaries to cast a vote in someone else’s name or multiple times in many people’s names.

I'm sure it's true in most places but the voting precinct people have your information and signature and often even know you. Personally it is not the person I would be concerned with, but the method and counting process as Florida demonstrated in 2000. Not once in all this presumed republican concern with voting have I heard a concern over machinery and other factors. That must tell you something.

Why didn't they go after the illegal who said on national television "we vote too" he was hispanic. It shouldn't be too hard to find him.

Because he was referring to Hispanics.

Because he was referring to Hispanics.

He was referring to ILLEGAL Hispanics, remember, the Illegals were marching for their right to be here, complete with signs saying "Europeans go home!" and "Only whites can be racist".

I am unaware that they started this to catch anyone doing anything. I thought this was in response to the huge number of dead people and otherwise undeletable voters were hanging out on the voter rolls crating opportunity for voter fraud. I don’t think that there are going to be a whole lot of people that fo REGISTER to vote illegally. That is plain dumb. It is far simpler just to use some of the names that you find in the obituaries to cast a vote in someone else’s name or multiple times in many people’s names.

There aren't "huge numbers of dead people" voting. The first example that springs to mind is South Carolina, which has 2.5 million registered voters. Of those voters, 250,000 do not have a photo ID that meets the state's requirements. That's 10% of the voting population. Guess how many "dead" people have voted in "recent elections"? 957, according to the state. So even in the most charitable of readings to your position, that's 0.04% of registered voters. And that's without getting into people who voted, then died afterwards (because he did not say dead on election day, just dead and had voted in "recent" elections, a term the state left undefined). The ratio of people being harmed by the law to the maximum amount of error is 250:1. That seems like massive overkill.

Then find him.

There aren't "huge numbers of dead people" voting. The first example that springs to mind is South Carolina, which has 2.5 million registered voters. Of those voters, 250,000 do not have a photo ID that meets the state's requirements. That's 10% of the voting population. Guess how many "dead" people have voted in "recent elections"? 957, according to the state. So even in the most charitable of readings to your position, that's 0.04% of registered voters. And that's without getting into people who voted, then died afterwards (because he did not say dead on election day, just dead and had voted in "recent" elections, a term the state left undefined). The ratio of people being harmed by the law to the maximum amount of error is 250:1. That seems like massive overkill.

250:1

Wow.

Republicans would punish 250 people wrongfully just to punish 1 guy rightfully.

They seem to turn the very idea of justice in America on its head.

Wow.

How hard is it to get a state id? Even the homeless here can get it. Yeah, they gotta jump through hoops, they but can get id.

Wow.

How hard is it to get a state id?

It can be pretty hard if you don't have the proper documentation.

Obviously - if 10% of the state's population doesn't have one -and if we're to believe the Republican claim that you can't even get out of bed in the morning without an ID - then it must be hard for some people to get them.
Even the homeless here can get it. Yeah, they gotta jump through hoops, they but can get id.

Awesome. Lets make people "jump through hoops" right before an election in order for them to vote - and pretend like we're not doing anyting to impede lawful voters.

Just curious - how many homeless peoples id's have you checked?

Last edited:

Wow.

Even the homeless here can get it. Yeah, they gotta jump through hoops, they but can get id.

Awesome. Lets make people "jump through hoops" right before an election in order for them to vote - and pretend like we're not doing anyting to impede lawful voters.

So make it apply to the next election, problem solved, okay for you?

And no one's, one of them voluntarily showed me his id just after he got it, explaining what he had to go through to get it.

Wow.

How hard is it to get a state id? Even the homeless here can get it. Yeah, they gotta jump through hoops, they but can get id.

How hard? Very hard for a significant portion of the population. I just looked at the documentation requirements for an ID card in your state, and I would be shocked if found a single homeless person in the entire state that has all of those documents.

So make it apply to the next election, problem solved, okay for you?

That's an excellent compromise solution, but its not what's happening. Do you know why? Because the Republicans need to stifle the poor and minority and old people vote for THIS election, (clean debate zone)

And no one's, one of them voluntarily showed me his id just after he got it, explaining what he had to go through to get it.

Wow. One homeless guy showed you his ID and all of a sudden your an expert on the plight of the homeless to obtain identifying documents.

Wow.

How hard? Very hard for a significant portion of the population. I just looked at the documentation requirements for an ID card in your state, and I would be shocked if found a single homeless person in the entire state that has all of those documents.
Its especially harder if you live in one state but were born in another.

Not to mention even if you applied for a copy of your birth certificate right now there's a good chance it won't come in on time.

That's a terrible compromise, because it's not like giving them more time makes it any easier. If you're living in Ohio today, and you were born in South Carolina in 1920, it's going to be pretty hard to get your birth certificate (especially if you're from a segment of the population that people didn't keep good records on).

I'm sure it's true in most places but the voting precinct people have your information and signature and often even know you. Personally it is not the person I would be concerned with, but the method and counting process as Florida demonstrated in 2000. Not once in all this presumed republican concern with voting have I heard a concern over machinery and other factors. That must tell you something.

A hundred years ago Peter Finley Dunn writing as Mr. Dooley voiced the great maxim of voter fraud: "A vote on the tally sheet is worth two in the ballot box!"

That's a terrible compromise, because it's not like giving them more time makes it any easier. If you're living in Ohio today, and you were born in South Carolina in 1920, it's going to be pretty hard to get your birth certificate (especially if you're from a segment of the population that people didn't keep good records on).

Its one they wont' accept anyway because their true purpose is to skew the vote THIS election. If Republicans were honestly wanting to reform the voting system they would have started with it not applying to the next election.

Its especially harder if you live in one state but were born in another.

Not to mention even if you applied for a copy of your birth certificate right now there's a good chance it won't come in on time.

She's from Washington. To get an ID card, you either need to already have an ID, have a passport, or have your birth certificate and three other forms of ID. There are about 20 acceptable forms of ID on the list that the three can be drawn from, but most of them are things homeless people surely wouldn't have on them (marriage license, divorce decree, various types of legal documents from Mexico, professional license, mortgage deed, mortgage payment book).

Forum List

Back