Where are all the illegal aliens voting?

250:1

Wow.

Republicans would punish 250 people wrongfully just to punish 1 guy rightfully.

They seem to turn the very idea of justice in America on its head.

How hard is it to get a state id? Even the homeless here can get it. Yeah, they gotta jump through hoops, they but can get id.

How hard? Very hard for a significant portion of the population. I just looked at the documentation requirements for an ID card in your state, and I would be shocked if found a single homeless person in the entire state that has all of those documents.

Well, I'd get Austin to show you, but he's homeless and I can't guarantee he'll show up at the church on Monday. He shows up less and less now that his buddy Eugene is dead. Eugene died of pneumonia a couple of months ago. And Austin never stops to talk now, just gets his lunch and goes. As I said, he had to jump through hurdles and it took him a couple of months but he got it.

Strangely enough, our state gives id and driver's licenses to illegal aliens so even that won't stop them from voting, in fact with the motor voter law, it actually encourages them. And yes, I know all about how tough it is, I had to jump through hoops just to get my severely autistic child an id which he needed for DVR. His birth certificate, social security number, both his parents, our medical id with his name on it and his hs picture id wasn't enough. I had to go back home to get his disabled bus pass and after I got back, they didn't want to take that either. I was in tears. Finally the manager told the clerk to give it to us. We'd waited more the 3 hours AND did all that hoop jumping which isn't easy when you have an adult severely disabled child who can't sit still.

I understand now it's easier, no more 3 hour lines waiting with the illegals, now they make appointments and they don't require so many different pieces of id, of course it's a little more difficult for the illegals as now they actually look at the birth certificates.

As difficult as it was for us to get id for someone who should NEVER EVER vote, why do you think I should want it to be easier for people who actually vote?

BTW, when you register to vote in this state, they check your eligibility to vote only "randomly". Now change that to every time and perhaps we could talk about not having to show picture id, although there still is my friend who was denied his right to vote because someone voted in his place and signed his name. Nothing ever came of that. Now of course, we've gone to all mail in ballots. Wonder if that makes it easier or harder for fraud?

That's a terrible compromise, because it's not like giving them more time makes it any easier. If you're living in Ohio today, and you were born in South Carolina in 1920, it's going to be pretty hard to get your birth certificate (especially if you're from a segment of the population that people didn't keep good records on).

Its one they wont' accept anyway because their true purpose is to skew the vote THIS election. If Republicans were honestly wanting to reform the voting system they would have started with it not applying to the next election.

They don't try to hide it. It's an attempt to roll back to the clock to before the Voting Rights Act.

How hard? Very hard for a significant portion of the population. I just looked at the documentation requirements for an ID card in your state, and I would be shocked if found a single homeless person in the entire state that has all of those documents.
Its especially harder if you live in one state but were born in another.

Not to mention even if you applied for a copy of your birth certificate right now there's a good chance it won't come in on time.

She's from Washington. To get an ID card, you either need to already have an ID, have a passport, or have your birth certificate and three other forms of ID. There are about 20 acceptable forms of ID on the list that the three can be drawn from, but most of them are things homeless people surely wouldn't have on them (marriage license, divorce decree, various types of legal documents from Mexico, professional license, mortgage deed, mortgage payment book).

Though I'd bet there's far more homeless people with a mortgage payment book than there were a few years ago.

Not to mention even if you applied for a copy of your birth certificate right now there's a good chance it won't come in on time.

She's from Washington. To get an ID card, you either need to already have an ID, have a passport, or have your birth certificate and three other forms of ID. There are about 20 acceptable forms of ID on the list that the three can be drawn from, but most of them are things homeless people surely wouldn't have on them (marriage license, divorce decree, various types of legal documents from Mexico, professional license, mortgage deed, mortgage payment book).

Though I'd bet there's far more homeless people with a mortgage payment book than there were a few years ago.

Even that wouldn't work, because a mortgage payment book would be the proof of your current address. ;)

Well, I'd get Austin to show you, but he's homeless and I can't guarantee he'll show up at the church on Monday. He shows up less and less now that his buddy Eugene is dead. Eugene died of pneumonia a couple of months ago. And Austin never stops to talk now, just gets his lunch and goes. As I said, he had to jump through hurdles and it took him a couple of months but he got it.

Awesome. A couple of months. So anyone who started now would be able to vote by late November, just in time for the election, right?

As difficult as it was for us to get id for someone who should NEVER EVER vote, why do you think I should want it to be easier for people who actually vote?

I'm confused as to why your difficulties in obtaining an id for your child should set the standard as to how difficult it should be for someone to exercise their right as a citizen. You must think the world revolves around you.

Where are all the illegal aliens voting?

Are there any more investigations going on?

after months of searching, only one alien falsely claiming to be a U.S. citizen has been caught, charged and convicted in Florida. It turns out he is a Canadian, a man who registered and voted in at least two presidential elections while masquerading as a citizen so he could also buy and “bear arms,” that other right cherished by many Americans.

Canadian the only illegal alien caught in U.S. fake-voter dragnet - The Globe and Mail

With Fake ID that passes the Litmus Test, Who is to know or say? It is an unknown variable.

I am unaware that they started this to catch anyone doing anything. I thought this was in response to the huge number of dead people and otherwise undeletable voters were hanging out on the voter rolls crating opportunity for voter fraud. I don’t think that there are going to be a whole lot of people that fo REGISTER to vote illegally. That is plain dumb. It is far simpler just to use some of the names that you find in the obituaries to cast a vote in someone else’s name or multiple times in many people’s names.

There aren't "huge numbers of dead people" voting. The first example that springs to mind is South Carolina, which has 2.5 million registered voters. Of those voters, 250,000 do not have a photo ID that meets the state's requirements. That's 10% of the voting population. Guess how many "dead" people have voted in "recent elections"? 957, according to the state. So even in the most charitable of readings to your position, that's 0.04% of registered voters. And that's without getting into people who voted, then died afterwards (because he did not say dead on election day, just dead and had voted in "recent" elections, a term the state left undefined). The ratio of people being harmed by the law to the maximum amount of error is 250:1. That seems like massive overkill.

250:1

Wow.

Republicans would punish 250 people wrongfully just to punish 1 guy rightfully.

They seem to turn the very idea of justice in America on its head.

Requiring Each of Us to have Verifiable Positive ID is not Punishment.

How hard is it to get a state id? Even the homeless here can get it. Yeah, they gotta jump through hoops, they but can get id.

Granted, there are special considerations, especially when dealing with the Elderly, still, that is a matter of logistics, something that should be worked out, with the State Government Agencies, along with the Fed's. Should even be able to do it in home.

Awesome. A couple of months. So anyone who started now would be able to vote by late November, just in time for the election, right?

I'm confused as to why your difficulties in obtaining an id for your child should set the standard as to how difficult it should be for someone to exercise their right as a citizen. You must think the world revolves around you.

The argument has been going on for Decades. Are you an American or an American't?

Granted, there are special considerations, especially when dealing with the Elderly, still, that is a matter of logistics, something that should be worked out, with the State Government Agencies, along with the Fed's. Should even be able to do it in home.

The logistics don't matter. The whole goal is to remove enough poor people from the rolls to enable a Romney victory.

It can be pretty hard if you don't have the proper documentation.

Awesome. Lets make people "jump through hoops" right before an election in order for them to vote - and pretend like we're not doing anyting to impede lawful voters.

Just curious - how many homeless peoples id's have you checked?

So make it apply to the next election, problem solved, okay for you?

That's an excellent compromise solution, but its not what's happening. Do you know why? Because the Republicans need to stifle the poor and minority and old people vote for THIS election, (clean debate zone)

And no one's, one of them voluntarily showed me his id just after he got it, explaining what he had to go through to get it.

Wow. One homeless guy showed you his ID and all of a sudden your an expert on the plight of the homeless to obtain identifying documents.

One homeless person got an id, that proves it can be done. I never claimed to be an expert. I do however work with the homeless and others every Monday and have gone out of my way to help them. What have you done for them?

I would be really curious to find out which documents he used, since pretty much every document on the list are ones a homeless person would not have a valid version of.

I would be really curious to find out which documents he used, since pretty much every document on the list are ones a homeless person would not have a valid version of.

He had help from a social workers, that's all I know. At one point, they sent for his birth certificate. Don't know what else they sent for...

Birth certificate is one, but he still needed three more (and most of them are things that wouldn't be relevant to him).

Holy hell, is Dainty a stupid dip shit motherfucker.

That fuckwit actually BELIEVES that if nobody is CAUGHT therefore nobody did anything.

His "logic" requires ALL the intellectual firepower of TderpM.

Holy hell, is Dainty a stupid dip shit motherfucker.

That fuckwit actually BELIEVES that if nobody is CAUGHT therefore nobody did anything.

His "logic" requires ALL the intellectual firepower of TderpM.

You know, in this state you have to get caught stealing a car 5 times before you go to jail. FIVE times. This means that if you are caught only 4 times, you're not a car thief, and if you aren't caught at all, well,....

The fact that people supporting voter ID's admit here that there are new hoops to jump throught is a problem in itself! You're asking homeless and poor people to jump through hoops. And RIGHT before the biggest election we've seen in a long time!

How is that not a voter purge?

The fact that people supporting voter ID's admit here that there are new hoops to jump throught is a problem in itself! You're asking homeless and poor people to jump through hoops. And RIGHT before the biggest election we've seen in a long time!

How is that not a voter purge?

Ignoring my suggestion of making it for the NEXT election I see. Gives them plenty of time, doesn't it?

The logistics don't matter. The whole goal is to remove enough poor people from the rolls to enable a Romney victory.

Not from where I sit. Further, I think the bigger problem, more on your side, is people so fed up with the bullshit and lies, that they just say fuck it, and stay home. I personally came very close to that, last round, with McCain.

Forum List

Back