when's the last time you heard a new argument?

Mr.Right

Mar 19, 2015
It seems like people just keep spouting the same arguments, over and over again. I'm starting to feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day...now where did that damn groundhog go! We have a date with a cliff.:)

It seems like people just keep spouting the same arguments, over and over again. I'm starting to feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day...now where did that damn groundhog go! We have a date with a cliff.:)
Give us a week. Hillary's full of surprises.

Hillary! UGGGHHH! Why can't she have a stroke, or something?

You want a new argument? Okay.

Two gay men file a married tax return. No one is harmed.

A 50 year old man and an 11 year old girl file a married tax return. The act of filing the tax return is not harmful, but the state sanctioning of a 50 year old man experiencing marital privileges with an 11 year old girl is harmful. We can show that an old man having sex with an underage girl is harmful to the child, and therefore such a union should not be permitted by the state. The state should intervene.

That is why we can say that a same sex marriage is not on any slippery slope to pedophiles marrying kids. Because we cannot show harm in the same sex adult relationship, but we can show harm in the adult/child relationship.

When an opponent to same sex marriage says they want gays to have civil unions ("just don't call it marriage"), they are saying they are okay with the underlying same sex relationship by agreeing to letting the state sanction it. Therefore, they are being inconsistent.

We also know many opponents of same sex marriage are virulently opposed to gays having sex. It is not the filing of married tax returns that bothers them. It is the implied sanctioning of homosexual sex.

The only logically consistent position these people can take is not to just ban gay marriage, but to also return to the days where sex between members of the same gender is forbidden.

So there you go. A fresh, new argument.

Last edited:
You want a new argument? Okay.

Two gay men file a married tax return. No one is harmed.

A 50 year old man and an 11 year old girl file a married tax return. The act of filing the tax return is not harmful, but the state sanctioning of a 50 year old man experiencing marital privileges with an 11 year old girl is harmful. We can show that an old man having sex with an underage girl is harmful to the child, and therefore such a union should not be permitted by the state. The state should intervene.

That is why we can say that a same sex marriage is not on any slippery slope to pedophiles marrying kids. Because we cannot show harm in the same sex relationship, but we can show harm in the adult/child relationship.

When an opponent to same sex marriage says they want gays to have civil unions ("just don't call it marriage"), they are saying they are okay with the underlying same sex relationship by agreeing to letting the state sanction it. Therefore, they are being inconsistent.

We also know many opponents of same sex marriage are virulently opposed to gays having sex.

So what they really want is not to just ban gay marriage, but to return to the days where sex between members of the same gender is forbidden.

This is the only logically consistent position these people can take. Ban gay marriage and ban homosexual sex as well.

So there you go. A fresh, new argument.
And an incredibly stupid one. Not even in the ballpark.

LOL

I think the last fun argument I've had was with my little sister who is over 25 years younger than me. BTW I declare myself the winner because she dumped her boyfriend, and that's what we were arguing about in the first place. She now agrees with me that he was a no-good bastard.

It is dead on. We have never had a topic about gay marriage where the sex lives of gays is not brought up.

That is really the only reason gay marriages are opposed. The opponents want gays to stop having sex. Some of them even say that quite plainly. God sez it's okay to be gay, just don't have gay sex.

Therefore, the only logically consistent position to take if you are against gay marriage is to also be for the banning of gay sex. Gay sex is the underlying reason given for opposing gay marriage.

It is dead on. We have never had a topic about gay marriage where the sex lives of gays is not brought up.

That is really the only reason gay marriages are opposed. The opponents want gays to stop having sex. Some of them even say that quite plainly. God sez it's okay to be gay, just don't have gay sex.

Therefore, the only logically consistent position to take if you are against gay marriage is to also be for the banning of gay sex. Gay sex is the underlying reason given for opposing gay marriage.
Did you know that homosexuals are responsible for the majority of children that are Molested?

Did you know that homosexuals are responsible for the majority of children that are Molested?
That's not a new argument.

How in the hell did this thread become a fag thread?

Mr. Right, this seems to be habit with you.

Are you a closet gay?

If you really want to actually debate and issue, USMB is not the place. However, if you want to let off steam it's ok. There are plenty of people who get their kicks out of insulting and cursing the opposition.

Last edited:
Hillary! UGGGHHH! Why can't she have a stroke, or something?

Only the good die young
In your case, you'll never die...

A teaper asking for a unique argument. Too funny!

Forum List

Back