When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does?

Becoming a God is a little too far down the road for me, I'm just trying not to screw upon a daily basis. I sometimes wonder if God does evil things or whether he merely stands aside and allows evil things to happen. I'm thinking it's the latter, maybe God is expecting us to wise up and stop evil things from happening ourselves.

Which we won't. There's a reason that there is a separation between the physical and spiritual world. We aren't done cooking yet. I often wonder if this life, with all it's trials and tribulations isn't a training ground for the next one.

Obviously, that's speculation on my part...

Any discussions about God are speculative nonsense. None has ever been proven to be true. None can be until your invisible absentee super daddy dares to show his immoral face. The Haig want's him.

That is the premise of the O P.

Regards
DL

Not only did He "show" himself, but He climbed up on a cross and died for our sins so His children could live.

Last edited:
[

Great...don't trust him....completely your choice, is it not? I'm not trying to convert you....why are you trying to undermine other people's faith? Perhaps you are bitter about something. Perhaps you blame the God that you claim doesn't exist for that something.... I don't know, and I don't care....but let me just say this...

If you try to proselytize against God to people of faith, you're no different than those that proselytize God to you. That makes you a hypocrite...Greatest you think you are? Hardly....you're just another Internet bully with a huge inferiority complex and a large chip on your shoulder.

Sure does not take Christians long to start with their ignorance.

The only chip I have is against fools that embrace human sacrifice and theology that says that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

You rrrrreally need to get off the human sacrifice thing. It is an assumption of ignorance.
Then look up Emanuel...........

Any discussions about God are speculative nonsense. None has ever been proven to be true. None can be until your invisible absentee super daddy dares to show his immoral face. The Haig want's him.

Regards
DL

The Garden is the Physical Presence and Proof of God's existence - the Creator.

GreatestIam: No definitive conclusion has ever been presented and accepted by any majority as to why God created and uses evil.

proof against your own allegation as being frivolous ...

mankind is expelled from the OuterWorld of the Everlasting - it is your existence and potential demise that is coupled by God for you to destroy evil and prevail or succumb to evil and be destroyed.

More lies unless you have the coordinates of this garden.

OuterWorld of the Everlasting.

How long did it take you to make up this phrase?
It is nonsense.

Regards
DL

Which we won't. There's a reason that there is a separation between the physical and spiritual world. We aren't done cooking yet. I often wonder if this life, with all it's trials and tribulations isn't a training ground for the next one.

Obviously, that's speculation on my part...

Regards
DL

Not only did He "show" himself, but He climbed up on a cross and died for our sins so His children could live.

Only a fool of a God would condemn his children and then die for them just to become their self-aggrandising hero.

Think on this if you think.

Regards
DL

[

You rrrrreally need to get off the human sacrifice thing. It is an assumption of ignorance.
Then look up Emanuel...........

What is ignorant and pathetic is you thinking God would let you profit from the murder of an innocent human sacrifice. Those are the morals of Satan.

Regards
DL

you never did state your mission here.... You just here to piss of people of faith? Is your position on God or lack thereof so resolute and unshaking? If so, put your money where your mouth is. Tell us what YOU believe. Or is acting superior to others all you got?

you never did state your mission here.... You just here to piss of people of faith? Is your position on God or lack thereof so resolute and unshaking? If so, put your money where your mouth is. Tell us what YOU believe. Or is acting superior to others all you got?

If the so called people of faith get pissed off it is because their theology is immoral and they know it.

Only fools will not know that human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is immoral.

As to my beliefs.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself a Gnostic Christian naturalist.
Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheeple where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

Last edited:
"Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden. He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

As literature, the bible has some very iconic proses and statements.

But as a description of the world--it is kind of sucky. I mean--where on Earth is this big bad Angel with the flaming sword anyway? I mean, just seeing that otherworldly beingdoing its job would put me in my place right away. But nope--no angels guarding any patch or land or gardens anywhere.

AnyHOO that is not why I am posting.

If my understanding is correct, what ever god does is not evil since only god is the one who decides of what is good or evil--not man.. So saying would I commit evil if I am or become a god is a nonsensical question in that--1) God does not commit evil and 2)man can not become god.

Even if I were to become a god, my actions would not be evil because I would be god, and gods acts are not evil, despite your judgement.

Get with the program. God is not evil. It is impossible for god to commit evil. And despite what your judgement is, if god committed the act, then the act is not evil, but blessed by the actor,god himself.

"Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden. He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

But as a description of the world--it is kind of sucky. I mean--where on Earth is this big bad Angel with the flaming sword anyway? I mean, just seeing that otherworldly beingdoing its job would put me in my place right away. But nope--no angels guarding any patch or land or gardens anywhere.

If my understanding is correct, what ever god does is not evil since only god is the one who decides of what is good or evil--not man.. So saying would I commit evil if I am or become a god is a nonsensical question in that--1) God does not commit evil and 2)man can not become god.

Even if I were to become a god, my actions would not be evil because I would be god, and gods acts are not evil, despite your judgement.

Get with the program. God is not evil. It is impossible for god to commit evil. And despite what your judgement is, if god committed the act, then the act is not evil, but blessed by the actor,god himself.

If God does no evil or sin and never misses his mark, then he would never have to repent.
Yet scriptures show that he did in Noah's day.

That is his own judgement against himself. Not mine.

Perhaps you will do better than that God on your own world.

Regards
DL

And where are those pesky talking snakes that are supposed to be forever after us.

Mystery over mystery.

Regards
DL

Adam was walking around one day with his kids. As they walked past the Garden of Eden, he said, "Look kids, that's where we used to live until your mom ate us out of house and home". ;)

Adam and Eve are in heaven, no need for guards anymore.

If God does no evil or sin and never misses his mark, then he would never have to repent.
Scriptures say nothing of the kind. Sad yes, repentant no. Never. He had to do what He did to preserve man's DNA. There were 8 people left on earth whose DNA hadn't been contaminated by demons. He waited that long before He took action. He did not repent for salvaging mankind. Nor did He repent for changing our DNA to shorten our time on earth.
Until you study enough to understand the Bible, you need to stop quoting it. It makes you the LesserIam.

Regards
DL

It depend on how you read it--and which references you use (with the bible.)

It seems that amongst christian(not necessarily scholars, mind you) that god did not repent but promised not to destroy the Earth with water again. Some even venture to suggest that the Lord will use some other means to destroy the Earth. Such as fire, Earthquake, any one of those dreaded curse found in revelation..

Hey--it is a consistent argument in view of revelations. Thus god is still just according to this viewpoint. It is man that is the issue of judgement. I find this interpretation kind of screwy myself but still thats the argument.

On the other hand, If one wishes to recall the epic of Gilgamesh(Sumerian mythology), then your argument that god(the lead god in this case) did repent after being lectured to by th lseeser gods. In this view point, the lead god An(that is the name) commanded Enki to open the flood gates to destroy the world. But Enki rescued some by warning them to build a boat thus saving mankind. According to this myth, Ishtar(yep, the whore of Babylon) argued that justice should be applied equally and justly to all of man. Do not punish the guilty with the innocent. Do not kill a theft and allow a murder to walk free. (Funny thing, this describes modern jurispudence.) In other words, the lead god did perform an unjust act and did repent.

Of course you can see the difference between Judeo-Christian-Islamic concepts of god versus other religions concepts of god. According to The J-C-I concept, god is infalliable--thus leading to infallible leaders and strict and closed views about law, justice, society and the world around the follower. According to non-J-C-I concepts, the god/gods themselves are fallible, thus the presence of fallible leaders and judges and so forth. Yet man is still able to determine right from wrong and apply justice appropriately--although he may not chose to at times and for various reasons.

I think you are trying to apply a non-J-C-I viewpoint among believers of a J-C-I religious group. That will create conflict, of course. But to answer your question correctly according to a J-C-I viewpoint is to note that God cannot perform evil. Thus your question is not sensible to this group.

On the other hand, to some one who is not a member of a J-C-I religion,then the answer is yes, one will perform some "evils" within reason or for another goal that is unreachable by restraining their actions.. I tend to fall in this group so I guess I will be an evil-committing god.

Sorry about the lenghty post--but the point that god "repented" after the flood is not shared by everyone and it seemed impotant to examine this claim a little first.

Regards
DL

It seems that amongst christian(not necessarily scholars, mind you) that god did not repent but promised not to destroy the Earth with water again. Some even venture to suggest that the Lord will use some other means to destroy the Earth. Such as fire, Earthquake, any one of those dreaded curse found in revelation..

Hey--it is a consistent argument in view of revelations. Thus god is still just according to this viewpoint. It is man that is the issue of judgement. I find this interpretation kind of screwy myself but still thats the argument.

On the other hand, If one wishes to recall the epic of Gilgamesh(Sumerian mythology), then your argument that god(the lead god in this case) did repent after being lectured to by th lseeser gods. In this view point, the lead god An(that is the name) commanded Enki to open the flood gates to destroy the world. But Enki rescued some by warning them to build a boat thus saving mankind. According to this myth, Ishtar(yep, the whore of Babylon) argued that justice should be applied equally and justly to all of man. Do not punish the guilty with the innocent. Do not kill a theft and allow a murder to walk free. (Funny thing, this describes modern jurispudence.) In other words, the lead god did perform an unjust act and did repent.

Of course you can see the difference between Judeo-Christian-Islamic concepts of god versus other religions concepts of god. According to The J-C-I concept, god is infalliable--thus leading to infallible leaders and strict and closed views about law, justice, society and the world around the follower. According to non-J-C-I concepts, the god/gods themselves are fallible, thus the presence of fallible leaders and judges and so forth. Yet man is still able to determine right from wrong and apply justice appropriately--although he may not chose to at times and for various reasons.

I think you are trying to apply a non-J-C-I viewpoint among believers of a J-C-I religious group. That will create conflict, of course. But to answer your question correctly according to a J-C-I viewpoint is to note that God cannot perform evil. Thus your question is not sensible to this group.

On the other hand, to some one who is not a member of a J-C-I religion,then the answer is yes, one will perform some "evils" within reason or for another goal that is unreachable by restraining their actions.. I tend to fall in this group so I guess I will be an evil-committing god.

Sorry about the lenghty post--but the point that god "repented" after the flood is not shared by everyone and it seemed impotant to examine this claim a little first.

I just hope that Jesus comes back soon, isn't he supposed to take all the retards off this earth with him? Sheesh bro, HURRY UP!

There is also the concept that God sees things we don't and acts accordingly....and our minds cannot handle those situations or actions. Science has concluded that we only use 10% of the full potential of our brains. Perhaps it's beyond our capabilities to understand these things.

Personally, there's a feeling that no matter how hard I try....I cannot shake. I think that perhaps, when we die....the afterlife will be different than we expect.

First a primer.... Religion is very much a cultural thing....people from the Far East tend to be Buddhists, Taoists, and Hindus....In the Middle East, Jewish and Muslims....with a smattering of Christianity thrown in....in Europe and in the West? Christians generally rule, with a smattering of the other major religions.

So....here's where I have problems with my own faith. I would think that an all powerful Creator-God would not get hung up on what people call him, or their method of worship...or perhaps even not need for us to worship him at all...He knows what's in our hearts and our minds...plus the fact that he's all powerful, and I don't think he suffers from self esteem issues.

In short, I think we tend to focus on the "Do's and Don'ts" of religion and lose the message. I also(and yes...I know, it could be considered blasphemy) That the Nicene Council may have been influenced by local politics and the Bible may reflect that.

Jesuits spend a lifetime studying scriptures and left wing idiots pick one out and think they have a jewel. I can see this forum turning into "pick a sentence out of (only) Christian dogma" and wait for feedback.

Jesuits spend a lifetime studying scriptures and left wing idiots pick one out and think they have a jewel. I can see this forum turning into "pick a sentence out of (only) Christian dogma" and wait for feedback.

I never did catch his political affiliation, why do you think he's left wing?

Regards
DL

I just hope that Jesus comes back soon, isn't he supposed to take all the retards off this earth with him? Sheesh bro, HURRY UP!

First, why would you be eager to leave?

Second, Jesus isnt taking people with him.

Regards
DL

Yet scriptures show that he did in Noah's day

to quote "scriptures" is for you then to be a Judea / Christian ... ?

the Parable written for Noah is not found in "scriptures" and is the sentence exacted by God for the expulsion from the Garden of Eden.

When either the last good person or the last evil person dies God will return to judge those who are remaining - they or the last to die will be returned to the OuterWorld of the Everlasting.

the death of Noah would have been the death of the last good person, as per the Parable God would have had only evil remaining and Mankind would have been permanently destroyed - but rather before Noah's death, God returned beforehand and destroyed all those who were sentenced by their evil to death and gave Mankind one last chance.

GreatestIam (then he would never have to repent - that he did in Noah's day) does not understand God nor does the Judea / Christian Bible.

Forum List

Back