When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does?

Some time ago I wanted to become a God but when I applied for the position I was told I was overqualified.

No...the trick to eternal life is not to ignore knowledge. The trick to eternal life is to obey God's word as best you can, ask forgiveness for what you can't(either obey or understand), and trust that he did indeed forgive you.

There's a lot to be said about using knowledge you aren't capable of understanding the consequences of. Nuclear weapons come to mind. What if we never dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What if we never saw first hand the horrors we could create until those weapons became as powerful as they are today? All of a sudden a 9/11 happens and we don't have the restraint mechanism of those horrific events.....oh....we could surmise....but it would all be theoretical.

I don't think it was necessarily a warning against seeking knowledge as much as it was a warning of our "growing up" too fast.

They grew too fast and that is why God murdered them threw neglect by preventing them from accessing the tree of life. If human, your God would be in jail yet you praise his immoral actions.

You go ahead and trust that children murdering God. I will not. The God I follow has morals.

Regards
DL

God has given himself as a sacrifice for sin to restore mankind to Holiness and to life through the resurrection. Every single person who has ever and will ever live is entitled to the Atonement.

Adam and Eve were given a choice remain in the Garden of Eden with the Tree of life or to partake of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil being removed from the Garden and subject to hardship and death. They chose knowledge as God knew they would. So He provided an Atonement for them and prevented them from partaking the fruit of the Tree of Life. If they had taken it in their sins, they would have lived forever in their sins with no chance at repentence. They would have been forever corrupted by sin with no escape. Barring those who are not prepared for Eternal Life from the Tree of Life is not a punishment. It's a blessing. It gives them a probationary time where they can repent of their sins and come back into the precense of God.

If I am made in god's image, then I am a god. See how simple that was?

We are all God WIP's.
Works In Progress.

Regards
DL

Not me, I was made in his image, I'm perfect.

Unless you have stopped growing mentally then you should say that you are evolving perfection. Perfection by itself means finished and complete. No one living is complete.

You were born as perfect as nature and your DNA could produce. You evolved to a more perfect state from then on and it continues till you die.

Regards
DL

No...the trick to eternal life is not to ignore knowledge. The trick to eternal life is to obey God's word as best you can, ask forgiveness for what you can't(either obey or understand), and trust that he did indeed forgive you.

There's a lot to be said about using knowledge you aren't capable of understanding the consequences of. Nuclear weapons come to mind. What if we never dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What if we never saw first hand the horrors we could create until those weapons became as powerful as they are today? All of a sudden a 9/11 happens and we don't have the restraint mechanism of those horrific events.....oh....we could surmise....but it would all be theoretical.

I don't think it was necessarily a warning against seeking knowledge as much as it was a warning of our "growing up" too fast.

They grew too fast and that is why God murdered them threw neglect by preventing them from accessing the tree of life. If human, your God would be in jail yet you praise his immoral actions.

You go ahead and trust that children murdering God. I will not. The God I follow has morals.

Regards
DL

God has given himself as a sacrifice for sin to restore mankind to Holiness and to life through the resurrection. Every single person who has ever and will ever live is entitled to the Atonement.

Adam and Eve were given a choice remain in the Garden of Eden with the Tree of life or to partake of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil being removed from the Garden and subject to hardship and death. They chose knowledge as God knew they would. So He provided an Atonement for them and prevented them from partaking the fruit of the Tree of Life. If they had taken it in their sins, they would have lived forever in their sins with no chance at repentence. They would have been forever corrupted by sin with no escape. Barring those who are not prepared for Eternal Life from the Tree of Life is not a punishment. It's a blessing. It gives them a probationary time where they can repent of their sins and come back into the precense of God.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related]Women Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g3hU&feature=related]Women Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related]Holy Bible - Epic Fail - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL
------------------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us. Wherever it came from. God or nature.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Walking by sight, not by faith - YouTube

As to your reliance on immoral human sacrifice.

How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

Do you think God will be pleased that you are trying to take a profit from the murder of an innocent man?

Regards
DL

We are all God WIP's.
Works In Progress.

Regards
DL

Unless you have stopped growing mentally then you should say that you are evolving perfection. Perfection by itself means finished and complete. No one living is complete.

You were born as perfect as nature and your DNA could produce. You evolved to a more perfect state from then on and it continues till you die.

Regards
DL
Sorry, but the bible doesn't believe in evolution, therefore, I am perfect. Please try again.

Each one of us is a part of God. Each one of us is perfect, whole and complete ... in His eyes. We are here (this time and every time) to remember Who We Are and to re-create Who We Are.

I am, have always been and will always be a divine part of a divine whole, a member of the body.

Regards
DL
Sorry, but the bible doesn't believe in evolution, therefore, I am perfect. Please try again.

Not worth my time.

The bible is wrong on most things.

Regards
DL

Each one of us is a part of God. Each one of us is perfect, whole and complete ... in His eyes. We are here (this time and every time) to remember Who We Are and to re-create Who We Are.

I am, have always been and will always be a divine part of a divine whole, a member of the body.

Sure but most parts of the body do not think or lead.
If that is all that your God offers, for you to be a pube for instance, you can have your God.

Regards
DL

Everything passes, everthing changes, nothing remaineth, only God.
An old christian mantra.

Regards
DL

Great...don't trust him....completely your choice, is it not? I'm not trying to convert you....why are you trying to undermine other people's faith? Perhaps you are bitter about something. Perhaps you blame the God that you claim doesn't exist for that something.... I don't know, and I don't care....but let me just say this...

If you try to proselytize against God to people of faith, you're no different than those that proselytize God to you. That makes you a hypocrite...Greatest you think you are? Hardly....you're just another Internet bully with a huge inferiority complex and a large chip on your shoulder.

[

Great...don't trust him....completely your choice, is it not? I'm not trying to convert you....why are you trying to undermine other people's faith? Perhaps you are bitter about something. Perhaps you blame the God that you claim doesn't exist for that something.... I don't know, and I don't care....but let me just say this...

If you try to proselytize against God to people of faith, you're no different than those that proselytize God to you. That makes you a hypocrite...Greatest you think you are? Hardly....you're just another Internet bully with a huge inferiority complex and a large chip on your shoulder.

Sure does not take Christians long to start with their ignorance.

The only chip I have is against fools that embrace human sacrifice and theology that says that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

[

Sure does not take Christians long to start with their ignorance.

The only chip I have is against fools that embrace human sacrifice and theology that says that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

Who embraces human sacrifice? Oh....you mean Jesus? Sorry dude, Jesus knew what he was getting into.

[

Who embraces human sacrifice? Oh....you mean Jesus? Sorry dude, Jesus knew what he was getting into.

And so do you as you accept your immoral position of trying to profit from God's needless murder of his son.

Thomas Paine, in Age of Reason, wrote:
If I owe a person money, and cannot pay him, and he threatens to put me in prison, another person can take the debt upon himself, and pay it for me. But if I have committed a crime, every circumstance of the case is changed. Moral justice cannot take the innocent for the guilty even if the innocent would offer itself. To suppose justice to do this, is to destroy the principle of its existence, which is the thing itself. It is then no longer justice. It is indiscriminate revenge.

This single reflection will show that the doctrine of redemption is founded on a mere pecuniary idea corresponding to that of a debt which another person might pay; and as this pecuniary idea corresponds again with the system of second redemptions, obtained through the means of money given to the church for pardons, the probability is that the same persons fabricated both the one and the other of those theories; and that, in truth, there is no such thing as redemption; that it is fabulous; and that man stands in the same relative condition with his Maker he ever did stand, since man existed; and that it is his greatest consolation to think so.
Emphasis mine.

So not only is the killing of an innocent man immoral, but it shows that the redemption allegory being used is that of a financial debt. Which is an interesting parallel to the practice of purchasing 'pardons'.

[It is] not good that the man should be alone ; I will make him an help meet for him. (Gen. 2:18) KJV Story book

Free will to me is the ability to make a choice without coercion.
A choice made while under coercion, (especially under threat of pain and suffering), is not a freely made choice, ergo it is not free will. In fact there is a name for it; it's called extortion and it is a criminal offense precisely for the reason that it is not a free choice but a forced one.

"Extortion (also called shakedown, outwresting, and exaction) is a criminal offence which occurs when a person unlawfully obtains either money, property or services from a person(s), entity, or institution, through coercion. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence is sufficient to commit the offense." Wikipedia

Regards
DL

Any discussions about God are speculative nonsense. None has ever been proven to be true. None can be until your invisible absentee super daddy dares to show his immoral face. The Haig want's him.

That is the premise of the O P.

Regards
DL

The Garden is the Physical Presence and Proof of God's existence - the Creator.

GreatestIam: No definitive conclusion has ever been presented and accepted by any majority as to why God created and uses evil.

proof against your own allegation as being frivolous ...

mankind is expelled from the OuterWorld of the Everlasting - it is your existence and potential demise that is coupled by God for you to destroy evil and prevail or succumb to evil and be destroyed.

Forum List

Back