When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by GreatestIam, Sep 3, 2012.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    When you become a God, will you use evil the way God does?

Matthew 5:48
    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I don’t know your view of evil or how you explain it but much of scriptures say that at some future in heaven, we will become as God and to me that would mean that we all inherit a new earth. Anything less would be less than what Satan has been given. Dominion over the earth. God would hardly give man less. I assume here that like humans, God would want his children to reach his level of thought and responsibilities and then some. God would then become God of Gods.

Believers, should have no problem imagining the scenario above and should be able to show why they would allow evil to exist on their own make believe world.

No definitive conclusion has ever been presented and accepted by any majority as to why God created and uses evil. To evolutionary theists, it must exist to further the survival of the fittest and what keeps man evolving. Without it we would face a greater evil. Extinction.

To some theists, it is to test us and weed out the unworthy or less fit. Yet many theists not believe in evolution even as God weeds out the less fit. Causing heavenly evolution, so to speak.

As a Gnostic Christian, I have no problem reconciling evil with reality. To me, within evolution, evil is good. Somewhat the way a God would think. I would not get rid of it as I see it’s ultimate requirement and in that sense, evil is good as it serves the greater good. Evolution. Theistic evolutionists agree.

Free will is not a valid argument if we must do evil to survive. Evolution demands both evil/competition and good/cooperation.

Would you allow evil to exist on your fictitious world, like God or nature does here in our real world?

If yes, why would you keep and use evil?

If no, how would your world work if you did somehow get rid of evil?

How God Favors Evil - YouTube

Regards
    DL

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    "You can become a God" is a trick from The Great Deceiver Himself - Satan.

There is the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge. Eat from the Tree of Knowledge and you will surely die.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    So the trick to eternal life is to ignore the knowledge of damned near everything, as almost everything is subject to good and evil, and stay as bright as a brick.

You go ahead.
    Oh wait. Your reply says you are there.

Regards
    DL

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Nice try but no, that's not it.

Feel free to understand all that is Gods Universe, but at the same time understand that it is all a gift from God.

You see the difference? Of course you do but you're Satan so you'll try the next trick up your sleeve, whatever that will be.

Even your right hand man Mephistopheles couldn't lie to Dr Faustus when he asked him who created the Universe: "God created it all".

5. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    No...the trick to eternal life is not to ignore knowledge. The trick to eternal life is to obey God's word as best you can, ask forgiveness for what you can't(either obey or understand), and trust that he did indeed forgive you.

There's a lot to be said about using knowledge you aren't capable of understanding the consequences of. Nuclear weapons come to mind. What if we never dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What if we never saw first hand the horrors we could create until those weapons became as powerful as they are today? All of a sudden a 9/11 happens and we don't have the restraint mechanism of those horrific events.....oh....we could surmise....but it would all be theoretical.

I don't think it was necessarily a warning against seeking knowledge as much as it was a warning of our "growing up" too fast.

6. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    I don't think it's fair to call him Satan....that's a little extreme, don't you think?

7. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Becoming a God is a little too far down the road for me, I'm just trying not to screw upon a daily basis. I sometimes wonder if God does evil things or whether he merely stands aside and allows evil things to happen. I'm thinking it's the latter, maybe God is expecting us to wise up and stop evil things from happening ourselves.

8. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Which we won't. There's a reason that there is a separation between the physical and spiritual world. We aren't done cooking yet. I often wonder if this life, with all it's trials and tribulations isn't a training ground for the next one.

Obviously, that's speculation on my part...

9. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

Maybe you right about a training ground for the next life, but not so sure we won't eventually wise up and stop evil things from happening. Yah, won't be anytime soon, but given enough time, who knows?

10. The Irish Ram

The Irish Ram LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,837
    No, your right on the money. This vapor of a life as we know it is training ground for those that will come back to rule and reign with Christ.
    Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we eventually turn into Gods. We remain the children of God for eternity and co-heirs with His other son, Jesus Christ. Good and evil do not go together, nor do they need each other to survive. God will rid the earth of evil, and good will continue on just fine.
    Man can't rid the earth of evil. That will take a spirit stronger than evil. God.