When Will They Finally Accept This?

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health officials are recommending an end to the nation's lifetime ban on blood donations from gay and bisexual men, a 31-year-old policy that many medical groups and gay activists say is no longer justified.

FDA Recommends Ending Lifetime Ban On Blood Donations From Gay Men

It seems like gays want to take over the planet, and are working on it at federal level. Seriously. Sooner or later they will begin the discrimination of the straight people in the USA.

I suppose we should allow anyone to give blood rather than make sure the sources will be clean.

It seems like gays want to take over the planet, and are working on it at federal level. Seriously. Sooner or later they will begin the discrimination of the straight people in the USA.

Silly thing to say and no evidence of any such thing.

I suppose we should allow anyone to give blood rather than make sure the sources will be clean.

Where does it say that?

Where has anyone ever suggested that blood should not tested for disease?

:link:

Are you seriously that ignorant of why the ban was put into place? Or have you imagined that it's all about hate?

Are you seriously that ignorant of why the ban was put into place? Or have you imagined that it's all about hate?

According to the article gays are only responsible for 60% of HIV infections so you are perfectly happy with HIV infections as long as they come from straight people?

Why do you always have to change the subject, derail the thread, lie about what was said? Let's try this again ...

You wrote:

I asked:

Where does it say that?

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health officials are recommending an end to the nation's lifetime ban on blood donations from gay and bisexual men, a 31-year-old policy that many medical groups and gay activists say is no longer justified.

FDA Recommends Ending Lifetime Ban On Blood Donations From Gay Men

From the link:
The Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday it favors replacing the blanket ban with a new policy barring donations from men who have had man-on-man sex in the previous 12 months.

So, they can donate blood providing they have not had sex for a year.

Why do you always have to change the subject, derail the thread, lie about what was said? Let's try this again ...

You wrote:

I asked:

Where does it say that?

Always dishonest preacher Avatar4321 certainly skedaddled out of this thread.

And yet your the one lying. Funny that.

you can't even admit the topic of the thread is changing rules on blood donations that will collect more tainted blood.

dt, your looking at the wrong stats for your argument. Doesn't matter the percentage of HIV patients there are (especially since HIV isn't the only disease) the stats that are important are the ratios within the two communities

It makes sense once you understand that this government wants to spread disease.

you can't even admit the topic of the thread is changing rules on blood donations that will collect more tainted blood.

dt, your looking at the wrong stats for your argument. Doesn't matter the percentage of HIV patients there are (especially since HIV isn't the only disease) the stats that are important are the ratios within the two communities
I can see you don't have anything at all against gays. I'm so sure that has nothing to do with your motivation to strat this thread. You're just concerned about the blood supply being tainted. Everybody knows that's a huge problem. Those gays keep spreading radiation, Aids, and cancer!

Thank God we've got people like you watching out for the blood.

And again, more dodging and weaving. Or maybe you just have a sloppy, lazy mind. Whatever, let's try it one more time:

You wrote:

I asked:

Where does it say that?

Note that while your initial comment is blindly reactionary and homophobic, my question is spot on topic.

I ask you again - Where did the article say anything about lowering standards for collection?

According to the article gays are only responsible for 60% of HIV infections so you are perfectly happy with HIV infections as long as they come from straight people?

Why would I want to take blood from someone who has a higher rate of HIV?

Thirteen tests (11 for infectious diseases) are performed on each unit of donated blood

more needless fear being spread by Moron Inc ...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Considering they are probably less than 3% of the overall population, their 60% share of new infections shows their over-representation in said infected population.

Every time someone donates blood, his or her blood is tested for evidence of infectious disease, including hepatitis B and C; HIV 1 and 2; HTLV I and II; syphilis; and CMV. The donor's blood type also is determined. Any unit of blood that shows evidence of carrying a disease is discarded and the donor is deferred from subsequent donation.

The ratio only matters to anti-gay bigots. 100% of all blood is tested for diseases. The only question that needs to be asked of everyone is have you had unprotected sex within the last month? If the answer is yes then you can't donate blood, same rule applies for straights and gays regardless.

Forum List

Back