Biden Administration to allow Gay Men to Donate Blood

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST:

The Food and Drug Administration is considering easing restrictions on blood donations by men who have sex with men. The move is aimed at addressing criticism that the current policy is discriminatory while also helping to alleviate a nationwide blood shortage. NPR health correspondent Rob Stein is covering the story.
. . .
So what are the current restrictions on men who have sex with men giving blood, and why were they put in place?

STEIN: These restrictions date back to the early days of the AIDS epidemic and were designed to protect the blood supply from the AIDS virus. Originally, gay and bisexual men were completely prohibited from donating blood out of fears they would contaminate the blood supply with HIV. But over the years, as testing improved and the understanding of the epidemic has evolved, these restrictions have gradually been eased. In 2015, the FDA lifted the total ban on blood donations by gay and bisexual men and instead said they could donate as long as they hadn't had sexual contact with other men for at least a year. When the pandemic caused a blood shortage in 2020, the FDA shortened that to three months. But all this has long been criticized as unnecessary, counterproductive and discriminatory, and now the agency says it's reassessing the current policy.

Well, that is wonderful news. We should not risk some dyed blue haired LBGT-Q+ person being offended just to prevent a transfusion patient being infected with a deadly and incurable disease. [/sarcasm]

I found this story when I looked for another bit of NPR craziness that I heard on the radio. NPR never disappoints when you look for bizarre stories of the Democrats thought process.

What will the new guidelines be, you ask?

STEIN: You know, NPR has learned that the new policy under consideration would allow anyone to donate regardless of their gender and sexual identity as long as they haven't engaged in risky sexual behavior in the past three months. That would include having had anal sex or new or multiple partners, injecting drugs or having engaged in sex work. This would bring the U.S. blood donation policy more in line with policies in other countries like, you know, Canada.

Yes to this! The more like Canada we can be the better. But this still seems too restrictive. Why should someone be turned away from blood donations, just because they had anal sex with multiple partners while injecting drugs they bought with their sex work money eighty-nine days ago? How is it less risky in two more days? Just let everybody donate, for Pete's sake! That's equity, isn't it? [/sarcasm]

Plasma with a side of HIV. What could go wrong?
In other news, pure blood only blood banks are becoming a growing business model.
I imagine soon enough the blood without AIDS & mRNA clot shots will be at a big premium

In other news, pure blood only blood banks are becoming a growing business model.
I imagine soon enough the blood without AIDS & mRNA clot shots will be at big premium
That's a good free market solution. I was thinking to find a bank to store my own blood for any needed transfusion.

I imagine soon enough the blood without AIDS & mRNA clot shots will be at a big premium

Less and less likely.

Faggots love HIV and their assorted venereal diseases. They're almost single-handedly keeping syphilis alive in the U.S.., so naturally Democrats want to spread that 'Diversity' as much as possible, hopefully to children under the age of 12.

This is not the 1980s anymore, since gay marriage they have settled down a lot, and they have medications for aids now so they are no longer spreading... You gotta love all the GOP bigots coming out

lol rubbish. HIV spread is alive and well, so is syphilis and other diseases faggot spread. The data shows they haven't 'settled down' at all, they're still a mentally ill public health menace and rape little boys at rates far out of proportion to their demographic size, and FBI investigations into NAMBLA prove they also rape little girls when they don't currently have little boys groomed to indulge their perversions.

Nobody loves scum who endorse and apologize for such sick fetishists, except other fetishists.

News flash: gay men have been donating blood for decades.

Of course...a man in a mutually monogamous relationship for ten years can't donate...but a woman who brings home a different man every night can. Stupid.

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST:

The Food and Drug Administration is considering easing restrictions on blood donations by men who have sex with men. The move is aimed at addressing criticism that the current policy is discriminatory while also helping to alleviate a nationwide blood shortage. NPR health correspondent Rob Stein is covering the story.

. . .
So what are the current restrictions on men who have sex with men giving blood, and why were they put in place?

STEIN: These restrictions date back to the early days of the AIDS epidemic and were designed to protect the blood supply from the AIDS virus. Originally, gay and bisexual men were completely prohibited from donating blood out of fears they would contaminate the blood supply with HIV. But over the years, as testing improved and the understanding of the epidemic has evolved, these restrictions have gradually been eased. In 2015, the FDA lifted the total ban on blood donations by gay and bisexual men and instead said they could donate as long as they hadn't had sexual contact with other men for at least a year. When the pandemic caused a blood shortage in 2020, the FDA shortened that to three months. But all this has long been criticized as unnecessary, counterproductive and discriminatory, and now the agency says it's reassessing the current policy.

Well, that is wonderful news. We should not risk some dyed blue haired LBGT-Q+ person being offended just to prevent a transfusion patient being infected with a deadly and incurable disease. [/sarcasm]

I found this story when I looked for another bit of NPR craziness that I heard on the radio. NPR never disappoints when you look for bizarre stories of the Democrats thought process.

What will the new guidelines be, you ask?

STEIN: You know, NPR has learned that the new policy under consideration would allow anyone to donate regardless of their gender and sexual identity as long as they haven't engaged in risky sexual behavior in the past three months. That would include having had anal sex or new or multiple partners, injecting drugs or having engaged in sex work. This would bring the U.S. blood donation policy more in line with policies in other countries like, you know, Canada.

Yes to this! The more like Canada we can be the better. But this still seems too restrictive. Why should someone be turned away from blood donations, just because they had anal sex with multiple partners while injecting drugs they bought with their sex work money eighty-nine days ago? How is it less risky in two more days? Just let everybody donate, for Pete's sake! That's equity, isn't it? [/sarcasm]

We could use the gay blood for liberal transfusions.

Forum List

Back