When the recession starts, how quickly will republicans/Fox News blame it entirely on democrats?

It’s the same dumb, baseless logic they used when the recession of 2008 started. The Dems won an election therefore it was all their fault. Never mind the fact that the recession ended 6 months into Obama’s first term when Dems had full control. Republicans seem to lack any sort of nuance when it comes to economics. They just blame democrats. It sounds good and it doesn’t challenge them to think critically as always.

And no, for the record, I don’t blame Trump for the upcoming recession. Granted his retarded tariff war with China will make it worse, but the recession would have occurred regardless of who won the election.

So when the recession does happen (and it’ll be soon), will it be the tired logic of it all being the Dems fault and not all Trump’s? Timing is all republicans need to reason with I guess.

They haven't waited, they have done it preemptively!

I thought this was still Obama's economy. The Democrats have taken credit so far, is it now Trump's economy? :dunno:

Since they have been his budgets since 2018 you I give him credit for it. How about you?

I don’t give Presidents responsibility for economies. Too many outside factors, Past laws, past and current Congress and economies tend to have their own high and low points within their natural flow. Now, I do hold Trump accountable for the tariffs and their effects on the economy.

We need to pay down the debt for a healthy America however, no President or Congress has the balls to tackle the tough problem.
The best way to pay down the debt is to raise taxes on the rich and cutting defense spending. This is something republicans will never do.
Tell me, why do you feel entitled to someone else's possessions? If your wife is putting out more sex than my wife, should I get to have sex with her too? How about the rest of the neighborhood? Just because someone has more wealth than you is no reason to take it away. Hell, you have more than many others. Are you willing to be taxed at 70 to 90% to help them? Do you guys who think taxing the wealthy is some sort on panacea even think about what you say? Taking Bobby's candy and spreading it among the class is a kindergartener's solution.

It’s the same dumb, baseless logic they used when the recession of 2008 started. Interesting. We're not in a recession, but it's conservatives who use the same baseless logic huh? Ironic.

The Dems won an election therefore it was all their fault. Never mind the fact that the recession ended 6 months into Obama’s first term when Dems had full control. Interesting to note Democrats had control when we dove into the recession.

Republicans seem to lack any sort of nuance when it comes to economics. They just blame democrats. It sounds good and it doesn’t challenge them to think critically as always. You're really doing a nice job proving your point.

This is the definition of hubris. President Trump will take all the credit for this booming economy. However, it will be the opposition party’s fault when it goes into a bust cycle. Talk about antithetical.

Here’s an alternative surmise. Presidents get too much credit for boom cycles and too much blame for bust cycles.

This is the definition of hubris. President Trump will take all the credit for this booming economy. However, it will be the opposition party’s fault when it goes into a bust cycle. Talk about antithetical.

Here’s an alternative surmise. Presidents get too much credit for boom cycles and too much blame for bust cycles.
Democrats are taking credit for the economy right now, soon as it goes south, then they will claim it's Trump's fault.

i do agree with you that Presidents get to much credit and blame for the economy.

So when President Trump passed the tax cuts and reduced 1000's of business stifling regulations, that had nothing to do with this booming economy?

So when President Trump passed the tax cuts and reduced 1000's of business stifling regulations, that had nothing to do with this booming economy?

As I said, he is taking ALL the credit and that simply isn’t accurate. Did his policies continue the booming economy, of course.

Last edited:

As I said he is taking ALL the credit and that simply isn’t accurate. Did his policies continue the booming economy, of course.
Booming economy? Why did the Fed Reserve feel a need to keep the rates at near 0% with a "booming economy"?

As I said he is taking ALL the credit and that simply isn’t accurate. Did his policies continue the booming economy, of course.
Booming economy? Why did the Fed Reserve feel a need to keep the rates at near 0% with a "booming economy"?

I would speculate that the FED did not see inflation as a large enough threat to justify a hike. Just my opinion here.

100% absolutely true.

All economies have mixed data, good and bad; all economies are the result of myriad domestic and international waves and forces. Giving full credit or blame is foolish.

Unfortunately, our friendly partisan zombies are now fully trained to play the "if it's good my side did it, if it's bad your side did it" game.

P3gYuW4.gif

Because unlike Obama's economy which had rampant inflation, but the fucking bitch FedChair Yellow, said there wasn't any so kept the rates at near zero. Then whenever she hinted at inflation and a rate increase the market would tank over 500 points. Today there is no inflation, so rates dont need to go up. Not hard to understand, unless you are publicly educated and a Democrat voter.

100% absolutely true.

All economies have mixed data, good and bad; all economies are the result of myriad domestic and international waves and forces. Giving full credit or blame is foolish.

Unfortunately, our friendly partisan zombies are now fully trained to play the "if it's good my side did it, if it's bad your side did it" game.

P3gYuW4.gif
So when we opened the spigot to our own energy and arent held hostage by OPEC, that didnt make our economy less dependent on others? Fuck, you are just a stupid liberal too ashamed to admit you are a liberal.

100% absolutely true.

P3gYuW4.gif
So when we opened the spigot to our own energy and arent held hostage by OPEC, that didnt make our economy less dependent on others? Fuck, you are just a stupid liberal too ashamed to admit you are a liberal.
This appears to be some kind of attempt at a rebuttal of my post.

Try not to look directly into it.

100% absolutely true.

P3gYuW4.gif

Why dont you fucking answer the question, are we less depended on other countries now that we have our energy independence?

100% absolutely true.

P3gYuW4.gif

Why dont you fucking answer the question, are we less depended on other countries now that we have our energy independence?
Yes, we're less "dependent" (please note the spelling there) on other countries for our oil.

And again, you appear to believe that this issue contradicts my points in some way.

That's nice. I think you should be very happy and proud.

I would speculate that the FED did not see inflation as a large enough threat to justify a hike. Just my opinion here.
That's not how it works. A booming economy is enough to raise the rates from 0%, Jets.
Those rates were at historic lows for 8 years, which also was historic.
The economy wasn't booming as you suggest and was starting to slow down as the regulations that
Obama signed started to take hold.

That's not how it works. A booming economy is enough to raise the rates from 0%, Jets.
Those rates were at historic lows for 8 years, which also was historic.
The economy wasn't booming as you suggest and was starting to slow down as the regulations that
Obama signed started to take hold.

And we are going to have a difference of opinion here. All good.

Again, I’m not taking credit away from the Presidents economic policy, just not giving him what the previous administration already started.

They haven't waited, they have done it preemptively!

I thought this was still Obama's economy. The Democrats have taken credit so far, is it now Trump's economy? :dunno:

Since they have been his budgets since 2018 you I give him credit for it. How about you?

I don’t give Presidents responsibility for economies. Too many outside factors, Past laws, past and current Congress and economies tend to have their own high and low points within their natural flow. Now, I do hold Trump accountable for the tariffs and their effects on the economy.

We need to pay down the debt for a healthy America however, no President or Congress has the balls to tackle the tough problem.
The best way to pay down the debt is to raise taxes on the rich and cutting defense spending. This is something republicans will never do.
Tell me, why do you feel entitled to someone else's possessions? If your wife is putting out more sex than my wife, should I get to have sex with her too? How about the rest of the neighborhood? Just because someone has more wealth than you is no reason to take it away. Hell, you have more than many others. Are you willing to be taxed at 70 to 90% to help them? Do you guys who think taxing the wealthy is some sort on panacea even think about what you say? Taking Bobby's candy and spreading it among the class is a kindergartener's solution.
You do realize my income doesn’t go up in this scenario right? Of course you do which is why it is stupid to suggest I feel entitled to their money.

100% absolutely true.

P3gYuW4.gif

Yes, we're less "dependent" (please note the spelling there) on other countries for our oil.

And again, you appear to believe that this issue contradicts my points in some way.

That's nice. I think you should be very happy and proud.
We are less dependent on other countries steel also. Why again, do you deny what this President has done, while the faggot from 2009 to 2017 shipped jobs overseas. Because you spineless coward have to play nice, so no one will hate you, but little do you realize that the left hates you, because you arent them, we hate you because you are spineless.

Forum List

Back