When the recession starts, how quickly will republicans/Fox News blame it entirely on democrats?

It’s the same dumb, baseless logic they used when the recession of 2008 started. The Dems won an election therefore it was all their fault. Never mind the fact that the recession ended 6 months into Obama’s first term when Dems had full control. Republicans seem to lack any sort of nuance when it comes to economics. They just blame democrats. It sounds good and it doesn’t challenge them to think critically as always.

And no, for the record, I don’t blame Trump for the upcoming recession. Granted his retarded tariff war with China will make it worse, but the recession would have occurred regardless of who won the election.

So when the recession does happen (and it’ll be soon), will it be the tired logic of it all being the Dems fault and not all Trump’s? Timing is all republicans need to reason with I guess.

They haven't waited, they have done it preemptively!

I thought this was still Obama's economy. The Democrats have taken credit so far, is it now Trump's economy? :dunno:

NOTHING is trump's fault....He will immediately blame anyone and everyone that he can....That is the way a Narcissist lives..

He takes credit for everything good and blames others for his screw ups...

It’s the same dumb, baseless logic they used when the recession of 2008 started. The Dems won an election therefore it was all their fault. Never mind the fact that the recession ended 6 months into Obama’s first term when Dems had full control. Republicans seem to lack any sort of nuance when it comes to economics. They just blame democrats. It sounds good and it doesn’t challenge them to think critically as always.

And no, for the record, I don’t blame Trump for the upcoming recession. Granted his retarded tariff war with China will make it worse, but the recession would have occurred regardless of who won the election.

So when the recession does happen (and it’ll be soon), will it be the tired logic of it all being the Dems fault and not all Trump’s? Timing is all republicans need to reason with I guess.

The next recession will be when the Democrats are in power.

I thought this was still Obama's economy. The Democrats have taken credit so far, is it now Trump's economy? :dunno:

It only becomes Trump's economy if it turns bad.

And it will be soon? Will the world burn up by then in 11 and 1/2 years or do we have some time to change investments?

I do think the "Reagan Recession" was a misnomer. It was a plan tightening of the money supply undertaken by Carter through Paul Volcker as means to finally put an end to runaway inflation that hadn't been tamed by Nixon's wage and price controls nor Gerry Ford's WIN (Whip Inflation Now) buttons.

The recession starts when you are no longer a eunuch.
So, for the good news, the recession isn't happening anytime soon.

No it won’t. I say that because of timing.

Since they have been his budgets since 2018 you I give him credit for it. How about you?

Since they have been his budgets since 2018 you I give him credit for it. How about you?

I don’t give Presidents responsibility for economies. Too many outside factors, Past laws, past and current Congress and economies tend to have their own high and low points within their natural flow. Now, I do hold Trump accountable for the tariffs and their effects on the economy.

We need to pay down the debt for a healthy America however, no President or Congress has the balls to tackle the tough problem.

I don’t give Presidents responsibility for economies. Too many outside factors, Past laws, past and current Congress and economies tend to have their own high and low points within their natural flow. Now, I do hold Trump accountable for the tariffs and their effects on the economy.

We need to pay down the debt for a healthy America however, no President or Congress has the balls to tackle the tough problem.
The best way to pay down the debt is to raise taxes on the rich and cutting defense spending. This is something republicans will never do.

I agree with you about that. But the President is like the QB on a football team. They get most of the credit when they win and most of the blame when they lose. Nature of the beast.

The best way to pay down the debt is to raise taxes on the rich and cutting defense spending. This is something republicans will never do.

Need to cut much more than just defense spending but it is a good start.

The best way is to first reduce ALL spending, defense, social, corporate welfare and it all needs to be cut. Cutbacks then look at tax increases for all.

I agree with you about that. But the President is like the QB on a football team. They get most of the credit when they win and most of the blame when they lose. Nature of the beast.

I totally agree but as for me, I look at other factors, our spending problem is the main culprit.

The liberal Paul Krugman forecasted a recession if President Trump won over Hillary. Since then the libs have been trying to talk US into a recession, yet the S & P just crossed into record territories and the DOW is over 10k since "the Don" took over. Yes, there is a recession coming, no one can predict it, but the way this economy is roaring (12 pistons firing) even Paul is wrong...again.

Best way to pay down the debt is to stop paying welfare. Since the War on Poverty 22 trillion dollars have been spent, more than all the wars of the US combined, yet we still have poverty because liberals sit on their lazy liberal ass and do nothing for the money. Cut it off and either the liberals have to get a job, you know from Obama's roaring economic recovery or they have to try to steal from others. One will soon start paying taxes thus increasing government revenue, or the other liberal will be shot and killed, thus removing their sorry ass from society. A win, win situation. See signature below.

There is unlikely to be a recession before the next election.

Best way to pay down the debt is to stop paying welfare. Since the War on Poverty 22 trillion dollars have been spent, more than all the wars of the US combined, yet we still have poverty because liberals sit on their lazy liberal ass and do nothing for the money. Cut it off and either the liberals have to get a job, you know from Obama's roaring economic recovery or they have to try to steal from others. One will soon start paying taxes thus increasing government revenue, or the other liberal will be shot and killed, thus removing their sorry ass from society. A win, win situation. See signature below.

The federal deficit will be $1.1 trillion next year. All federal welfare spending is less than $700 billion.

Cutting every dollar of welfare spending would not only not start paying down the debt, it wouldn’t come close to paying down the deficit.

Unemployment rate January 2009: 7.6%
Unemployment rate January 2011: 9.0%

Unemployment rate January 2017: 4.7%
Unemployment rate January 2019: 3.8%

So please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the community organizer's first two years in office unemployment went up, and in our President's first two years in office unemployment went down.
By the way, have you checked your 401K lately?

That is correct and fits in with what I posted:
Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2009 he made it twice as bad.

Let’s do a little math here:

Bush was president for 8 years, from 2001 to 2009.

As I said, in 2007 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you - SIX OUT OF EIGHT. (And BTW: 4.1% is almost perfect since there is no such thing as a 0% rate.)

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked? Simple: The Democrats took power. When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not. All the bad loans the banks made, they were browbeat into that by the Left. And THAT was the first domino in line to fall.

As I said: The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. In fact, Democrats did, with policies that can find their genesis in the Clinton years.

(Part Two to come)

Forum List

Back