When the recession starts, how quickly will republicans/Fox News blame it entirely on democrats?

It’s the same dumb, baseless logic they used when the recession of 2008 started. The Dems won an election therefore it was all their fault. Never mind the fact that the recession ended 6 months into Obama’s first term when Dems had full control. Republicans seem to lack any sort of nuance when it comes to economics. They just blame democrats. It sounds good and it doesn’t challenge them to think critically as always.

And no, for the record, I don’t blame Trump for the upcoming recession. Granted his retarded tariff war with China will make it worse, but the recession would have occurred regardless of who won the election.

So when the recession does happen (and it’ll be soon), will it be the tired logic of it all being the Dems fault and not all Trump’s? Timing is all republicans need to reason with I guess.

I thought we are under Obama's economy, we have been since Trump was elected. At least that is what the left is claiming.

The economy will cycle down, as it always does. There are already some troubling signs, and as we know, the Fed has said it's ready to drop rates to deal with it.

Either way, when it happens, it will be the fault of Obama and Hillary. Or Hillary and Obama. And the commies.

It doesn't matter who the president is, the cycles have been on going and will continue to move forward.

It’s the same dumb, baseless logic they used when the recession of 2008 started. The Dems won an election therefore it was all their fault. Never mind the fact that the recession ended 6 months into Obama’s first term when Dems had full control. Republicans seem to lack any sort of nuance when it comes to economics. They just blame democrats. It sounds good and it doesn’t challenge them to think critically as always.

And no, for the record, I don’t blame Trump for the upcoming recession. Granted his retarded tariff war with China will make it worse, but the recession would have occurred regardless of who won the election.

So when the recession does happen (and it’ll be soon), will it be the tired logic of it all being the Dems fault and not all Trump’s? Timing is all republicans need to reason with I guess.

Gas prices are lower again
to bad they didnt continue rising cause you guys could of used another 55 threads on the lets blame trump for it

recessions dont scare most

MEh

The national gas price average increased five cents to $2.74 a gallon this week and is eight cents more than the same time last year, according to data from AAA. The rate is 28 cents higher versus a month ago.Apr 8, 2019
Gas prices are rising, thanks to supply issues - USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/08/gas-prices-rising.../3403609002/

(and we can't blame it on Iran, we are energy independent now!!)

to bad they didnt continue rising cause you guys could of used another 55 threads on the lets blame trump for it

MEh

The national gas price average increased five cents to $2.74 a gallon this week and is eight cents more than the same time last year, according to data from AAA. The rate is 28 cents higher versus a month ago.Apr 8, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/08/gas-prices-rising.../3403609002/

Gas prices are going down, what the heck are you talking about?

AAA Gas Prices
Today Avg. $2.693
Yesterday Avg. $2.684
Week Ago Avg. $2.669
Month Ago Avg. $2.832
Year Ago Avg. $2.848
This as of today, June 27th, 2019.

You need better sources that reflect real prices and not your dream prices.

If the dems manage something stupid that hurts the economy, can we blame them then? I'm all for blaming the people who actually screw up, either side. If it is just a natural cycle, then it will automatically be Trump's fault. The high tax, high debt, homeless states should open everyone's eyes for the Democrat vision of the future.

Oh you want more?

Unemployment rate after two years of Obama: 9.2%
Unemployment rate after two years of Trump: 3.6%

Shall I go on?

Seriously, do you really find it surprising that a successful multi-billionaire businessman is doing a better job with the economy than a community organizer did?

So your news and information sources didn't tell you that unemployment was already low and trending lower when Trump took office?

There's a lot going on that you simply don't know about. Really.

Unemployment rate January 2009: 7.6%
Unemployment rate January 2011: 9.0%

Unemployment rate January 2017: 4.7%
Unemployment rate January 2019: 3.8%

So please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the community organizer's first two years in office unemployment went up, and in our President's first two years in office unemployment went down.

By the way, have you checked your 401K lately?
Yes, I said the unemployment rate was trending down.

Unemployment went up because of the effects of the Meltdown. And then it dropped like a rock.

Oh, and as a financial advisor, I'm well aware of how the speed of market growth has slowed significantly, particularly over last 18 months.

You're out of your league here. But you can keep trying if you'd like. Go ahead, let me have it.

Last edited:

They're already blaming Democrats.

The economy will cycle down, as it always does. There are already some troubling signs, and as we know, the Fed has said it's ready to drop rates to deal with it.
Either way, when it happens, it will be the fault of Obama and Hillary. Or Hillary and Obama. And the commies.
It doesn't matter who the president is, the cycles have been on going and will continue to move forward.
Yes, and the partisans will always point the finger.

If another recession does hit will you ask what caused California and Texas to go into recession that caused the rest of the nation to enter into the recession?

What economic policies caused the recession in States like California and what could be done to prevent a recession in States like California?

MEh

MEh

AAA Gas Prices
Today Avg. $2.693
Yesterday Avg. $2.684
Week Ago Avg. $2.669
Month Ago Avg. $2.832
Year Ago Avg. $2.848

I paid $2.03 less than a week ago here in Oklahoma which was down from where it had been.

MEh

MEh

AAA Gas Prices
Today Avg. $2.693
Yesterday Avg. $2.684
Week Ago Avg. $2.669
Month Ago Avg. $2.832
Year Ago Avg. $2.848

I paid $2.03 less than a week ago here in Oklahoma which was down from where it had been.

I was seeing $2.99 a gal and this week it is $2.89. Rare for gas to drop in the summer.

Yes, and the partisans will always point the finger.

If you blame the other guy you don’t need to do anything.

Probably about 15 milliseconds after you and your ilk blame everything on Republicans, which will about 3 milliseconds after it starts.

MEh

MEh

AAA Gas Prices
Today Avg. $2.693
Yesterday Avg. $2.684
Week Ago Avg. $2.669
Month Ago Avg. $2.832
Year Ago Avg. $2.848

I was seeing $2.99 a gal and this week it is $2.89. Rare for gas to drop in the summer.
Oklahoma is always less than other states. First, we are a producer, second we have low taxes. It has gone back up in the last few days to 2.27.

How many times are you going to listen to same dipshits.......what recession? you get that from the media "experts"? The same people who said Russia Collusion for 2 years, believe all women (except ones that accuse Democrats).....At what point do you leave your abusive spouse? It's sad to see you push more of their talking points.....fucking hilarious.......

Didn't Paul Krugman say, if Trump was elected, we would go into a depression and never recover?

OMG, what recession?? The Fed is going to lower rates for the foreseeable future. If Trump and Xi can make ANY kind of reasonable agreement to avert an all out Trade War the economies will roar. If there is a Trade War there may be a slowdown, but I'm not sure there will be a recession, i.e. 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth. The stock market is setting records.
So this thread is baseless...
with the ytd low and ytd low in the same year?

Dow Jones Industrials Stock Price - Barchart.com

The next recession will be blamed on the Mexicans

Great, you better hurry on down to cash in any investments, including 401k's before the recession hits.

They haven't waited, they have done it preemptively!

The Next Recession Will Not Be Televised...

snow-500x338.jpg
Yep, it’ll be live, brother.

Forum List

Back