When the oil boys are in charge

I don't like what he's done recently, myself. And when he was President, he did screw up some things, apparently. But I still believe he had the right idea on conserving energy.
He had many right ideas... too right in most cases.. too right for washington... He ran as an outsider, was elected as an outsider, and was cast asside from both parties for being an outsider... his problem was being too good for the office of president...

It is speculation and a weak dollar. We have already had links to evidence the supply is in fact more than the demand.
exactly
Just more evidence of the Bush administration's priorities, which are NOT the American people but rather corporate interests. Either that or he's so weak and lame that he's leaving the country in worse shape than when he took it.

Well yeah because everybody knows the President of the US is in charge of world-wide oil prices.

Get a clue.

lol... yeah, they're going to use political capital right now on something that will be vetoed by Bush or not even get to the floor....

unbelievable.

the level of ignorance of some posters is astonishing. oil is high due to a weak dollar and higher demand from emerging economies like CHINA. libs actually think bush controls the world oil market, what a joke, i guess he is more powerful and intelligent than you libs give him credit for. as for political capital, the dems just tried to hike gas prices by trying to increase taxes on oil companies. how stupid can you get....

If bush had any clout or desire he could pressure Opec nations into increasing supply.. its been done for years prior to baby bushes term...

Are they so greedy that they can't stop? they forced the dems to try to pass a cap on profits, which the gop stopped, and now they will lose in november. They don't even make up reasons why anymore. and is anyone voting for mccain? they are either rich, dumb or racist. aborton guns n gays won't save em. hopefully bush doesn't declare marshall law in october. b. richardson 4 vp. mccain biggest flip floper and media doesn't say it. bush a criminal. congress approved torture too. that's why they don't impeach. randi rhodes rules.

If bush had any clout or desire he could pressure Opec nations into increasing supply.. its been done for years prior to baby bushes term...

are Venezuela and Nigeria part of opec.....tell me how their supplies to the us are doing.....have India and china upped their demand......any state in the us built a refinery in the past 20 years......and last but not least how much is a gallon of petrol in sweden.....france.....

Are they so greedy that they can't stop? they forced the dems to try to pass a cap on profits, which the gop stopped, and now they will lose in november. They don't even make up reasons why anymore. and is anyone voting for mccain? they are either rich, dumb or racist. aborton guns n gays won't save em. hopefully bush doesn't declare marshall law in october. b. richardson 4 vp. mccain biggest flip floper and media doesn't say it. bush a criminal. congress approved torture too. that's why they don't impeach. randi rhodes rules.

Rich, dumb or racist, huh? Well, aren't you just showing yourself to have given the topic some in-depth analysis?

Hint: the shift key is the second one up on the far left. It capitalizes those little things called letters at the beginnings of sentences and nouns. They DID teach you about those in school, right?

Got news for you, junior ... I am neither rich, dumb nor racist and I'm still not voting for some leftwingnut; especially, with such a sterling reminder of what a leftwingnut is right here in this thread.

At least you got your name right, bobo ...:lol:

are Venezuela and Nigeria part of opec.....tell me how their supplies to the us are doing.....have India and china upped their demand......any state in the us built a refinery in the past 20 years......and last but not least how much is a gallon of petrol in sweden.....france.....

Oh sure ... screw the WHOLE thing up by throwing out facts .....:eusa_silenced:

it isn't china or iraq. it is loopholes, speculation and greed too. there is no supply and demand reason gas quadrupled. doubled? sure, but not this much. so the gop will shoot down every attempt and offer no alternatives. smart in an election year. think about what the gop has proposed so far. more tax breaks, tap alaska, drive less, or bogus long term plans that are mere stalls. thanks gop for making it easy to kick you out in november, but I guess mission accomplished huh? ps. madison & washington had to deal with the same gop. history repeats. the guilded age. if you aren't a millionaire, you've been had for the last 7 years. dems told you so. can't deny it anymore. just sound dumb trying.

hey! I have a cell,video,computer phone w net. i'm typing w thumbs. cut me some slack. so why is obama left wing? you should have seen pbs show on hamilton,wash,adams,jeff. last night. the gop is no dif. painting their opponents as elitists when they were the aristocrats. here is why you musr b one of the 3. if you are rich, then I understand. if you aren't , then why mccain? not why not obama. why mccain?

hey! I have a cell,video,computer phone w net. i'm typing w thumbs. cut me some slack. so why is obama left wing? you should have seen pbs show on hamilton,wash,adams,jeff. last night. the gop is no dif. painting their opponents as elitists when they were the aristocrats. here is why you musr b one of the 3. if you are rich, then I understand. if you aren't , then why mccain? not why not obama. why mccain?

I didn't say the GOP was different, nor even better than the DNC. I think the entire government is self-serving and sucks, and that's regardless political party.

Obama has too limited experience. He has too many questionable affiliations. He's made at least one divisive, elitist statement. His race, religion and politics are all intertwined, and I don't care if he quit the church last week. That does not negate the fact he went for 20 years.

While claiming to offer a change he is in reality offering nothing he can deliver. SO the only "change" will be a rampant Dem government dead-set on raising taxes.

He's stupid enough to think he can just pull us out of Iraq and there are people stupid enough to believe him.

No thanks.

I don't like McCain and I most certainly did not support him as the GOP candidate. He's just the lesser of the two bumbling evils.

the federalists wanted independent farmers living of the land with a strong central government. gop wanted banks,industry,corporations to rule and a government you could drown in a bathtub. now we see why. corporations never die and they don't pay taxes. only people do. healthcare should be gov. run I want mccains healthcare and pension! screw corporations. we the people! if you aren't rich, you must vote obama.

the federalists wanted independent farmers living of the land with a strong central government. gop wanted banks,industry,corporations to rule and a government you could drown in a bathtub. now we see why. corporations never die and they don't pay taxes. only people do. healthcare should be gov. run I want mccains healthcare and pension! screw corporations. we the people! if you aren't rich, you must vote obama.

Right. Because Obama is going to try pushing capital gains taxes and cut out loopholes for the wealthy. He'll send his proposal to the House. The House, after all pockets being appropriately lined with green from the oil lobby will cut half those out. Likewise the Senate. When the bill finally gets to Obama it will dump the tax increase on the middle class. The very people he's trying to snow.

Heard the promise before, and seen the results before. It's the way the machine works.

But you believe what you want.

Right. Because Obama is going to try pushing capital gains taxes and cut out loopholes for the wealthy. He'll send his proposal to the House. The House, after all pockets being appropriately lined with green from the oil lobby will cut half those out. Likewise the Senate. When the bill finally gets to Obama it will dump the tax increase on the middle class. The very people he's trying to snow.

Heard the promise before, and seen the results before. It's the way the machine works.

But you believe what you want.

spot on....all these 20 and 30 year olds have no experience as to what will happen because none of them were alive during the carter years....all they remember is the dot com era and fat chicks.....

spot on....all these 20 and 30 year olds have no experience as to what will happen because none of them were alive during the carter years....all they remember is the dot com era and fat chicks.....

what policies do you believe that obama would pursue that clinton didn't and that carter did? gunny keeps saying it. now you. apparently it was in the mccain newsletter b/c that's what he's saying to his people now....

other than the right liking the sound of the drum beat of the carter thang.... I'm interested in knowing. (I suspect you know I think its surmise and propaganda, but i'll hear you out)... though as bad a president as carter was, bush is worse.

I knew it! I asked why mccain and u told me why not obama. knew it! 1 obama has way more experience than bush. so you overlooked that in the past. mccain has more questionable ties and has said worse. you forgive mccain for calling his own wife a f'ing c and he' s a hot head. you overlook all that for mccain. why? do you only listen to fox news? this is why you may be uninformed? or do you overlook hagee,roberts& falwell because wright is black? and you already said u r not rich so....keep talking. ps iraq, a soverign nation wants us to leave. you ned to update your overseas knowledge. why spend trillions so haloburton can cash in? they moved out of america to avoid taxes. news flash, the only thing they tax anymore is your paycheck. do you even know what's going on? the dems will gain seats in both houses. to undo what the gop did to america, we can't have mccain vetoing the repairs. just like the gop protected big oil. you must have a safe job or a pension to be this out of touch. all my gop buddies are going for obama. who cares about his rev. clinton got laid but no one died. all for a lie and now a lie has you convinced we need to stay. when? whenb we are officially bankrupt and insignifigant?

oh I love it. don't vote for the new democrat because you just assume what the gop says about him is true. believe the guys that lied to us for 8 long years. forget they've ben wrong on every issue. just assume obama, who speaks factually is what the liars say he is. if you are not rich and you aren't benefitting from the state of our union, you must vote the bums out. how easy will it be to vote obama out if he sucks? mccain will be the ineffective on with both houses being dem run. if the dems spend a lot, I bet it won't be as much as what the gop spent from 2000 to 06. they doubled the debt. so dems will balance the books, get our troops home, spend inside america, end loopholes, fix nafta. one things for sure, the gop won't. then maybe in 2 yr midterm the gop will improve.

ed schultz & arianna huffington used to be conservative. what do they get that you don't?

mccain flip flops. obama doesn't.

keating 5 scanda. maybe these old dems are why you hate dems? look em up. experience we can do without.

exactly

the level of ignorance of some posters is astonishing. oil is high due to a weak dollar and higher demand from emerging economies like CHINA. libs actually think bush controls the world oil market, what a joke, i guess he is more powerful and intelligent than you libs give him credit for. as for political capital, the dems just tried to hike gas prices by trying to increase taxes on oil companies. how stupid can you get....

Okay then, what made the dollar so weak? Maybe all the borrowing we've done to pay for a war that didn't need to be fought, eh?

Forum List

Back