When slapped, Obama should slap back

just by you saying that Ire....tells me alot.....come live in my State where they tax the fuck out of you,and then tell me if you want to pay more......Chris.....make room up there buddy you got another one coming up......

Are you another patriotic American that would rather see America go into bankrupt ruin rather than pay higher taxes?

do you understand english Ire?.....California taxes you on EVERYTHING they can get away with,and things just keep getting worse.....do you understand that?if the people in charge of spending the taxes SUCK at managing money....WHY THE HELL SHOULD I WANT TO PAY EVEN MORE....do you understand that?......a lot of people in this state are having a rough time....you know what the legislature does about it?.....RAISE FUCKING TAXES....double the car registrations....yea thats taking some financial pressure off the citizens.....YOU pay more taxes dude,ive had enough of their fucking bullshit....

Her statement was aimed at me. We had a discussion in another post about my not wanting a large portion of my estate being taxes by the government - I would rather my kids get it all.

Of course, they brought out the "bash the rich, silver spoon, etc" crap.

Certain people don't care that others want to be patriotic. We could start a whole discussion about burning the American flag (I would stop someone from doing that) - and just wait, someone will say something about it even though that isn't what this is all about.

I would dare say that a majority of those people who think that being patriotic is a waste of time, OTT, yadda yadda yadda, etc probably never served. I did. I know a lot of people who did. I personally know people who died serving our country.

When a majority of European leaders at the UN conference walked out when Iran called Israel racist, they were congratulated and Iran was slammed.

They can be offended about how one country talks about another to the point of walking out but BO can't do the same when someone is trashing HIS country?

just by you saying that Ire....tells me alot.....come live in my State where they tax the fuck out of you,and then tell me if you want to pay more......Chris.....make room up there buddy you got another one coming up......

Are you another patriotic American that would rather see America go into bankrupt ruin rather than pay higher taxes?

do you understand english Ire?.....California taxes you on EVERYTHING they can get away with,and things just keep getting worse.....do you understand that?if the people in charge of spending the taxes SUCK at managing money....WHY THE HELL SHOULD I WANT TO PAY EVEN MORE....do you understand that?......a lot of people in this state are having a rough time....you know what the legislature does about it?.....RAISE FUCKING TAXES....double the car registrations....yea thats taking some financial pressure off the citizens.....YOU pay more taxes dude,ive had enough of their fucking bullshit....

Do you understand English? I think the question is whether you understand it, because I think I asked a simple question. But you wrote about what you think of taxes, whether you want to pay more, whether you think I should pay more, and stuff about which I didn't ask about and frankly, really couldn't care.

So I'll try it again, simpler this time so you can understand it:

Here's the question: Ready?

Would you rather see America go into bankrupt ruin than pay higher taxes?

In other words, I'm asking if you would prefer that America went into bankruptcy, complete financial ruin, rather than paying higher taxes?

I'm not asking what you think about taxes. I'm not asking whether you think you pay to much. Or whether you want to pay more. Or whether you think I pay to much. Just given the two options, which you would prefer.

Do you understand now or should I try to make it even simpler?

Last edited:

Her statement was aimed at me. We had a discussion in another post about my not wanting a large portion of my estate being taxes by the government - I would rather my kids get it all.

Certain people don't care that others want to be patriotic. We could start a whole discussion about burning the American flag (I would stop someone from doing that) - and just wait, someone will say something about it even though that isn't what this is all about.

I would dare say that a majority of those people who think that being patriotic is a waste of time, OTT, yadda yadda yadda, etc probably never served. I did. I know a lot of people who did. I personally know people who died serving our country.

When a majority of European leaders at the UN conference walked out when Iran called Israel racist, they were congratulated and Iran was slammed.

They can be offended about how one country talks about another to the point of walking out but BO can't do the same when someone is trashing HIS country?

I'm just curious because you were saying we Americans are more patriotic.

Yet I've heard some say they'd rather see America go bankrupt than pay a little higher taxes. Which IMO is not very patriotic. It's at least putting your personal self interest above your country's.

So what's your answer?

You can tell by all the folks we have here who'd rather see the country go bankrupt than pay more taxes.

A spendaholic should cut spending and then he or she won't face bankruptcy.

You seem not to be getting this point.

If an alcoholic, has a limited income, borrows loads of money to feed his addiction, the problem is certainly not his income, but his expenditure.

Yet I've heard some say they'd rather see America go bankrupt than pay a little higher taxes. Which IMO is not very patriotic. It's at least putting your personal self interest above your country's.

So what's your answer?

Unfortunately, a lot of Americans aren't more patriotic. They have been brainwashed into thinking that the United States has done evil things are, therefore, is evil.

Our President travels the world apologizing and listening to insults. Where is his pride in the country?

Would I consider paying $5.00 more a week in taxes to help things get better? Sure I would.

But the situation in my other thread is a lot more than $5.00.

It's very easy to insist other people do something they don't have to do.

If your payroll taxes increased $200.00 per month, would you be ok with that?

Do you understand English? I think the question is whether you understand it, because I think I asked a simple question. But you wrote about what you think of taxes, whether you want to pay more, whether you think I should pay more, and stuff about which I didn't ask about and frankly, really couldn't care.

In other words, I'm asking if you would prefer that America went into bankruptcy, complete financial ruin, rather than paying higher taxes?

I'm not asking what you think about taxes. I'm not asking whether you think you pay to much. Or whether you want to pay more. Or whether you think I pay to much. Just given the two options, which you would prefer.

no you got it wrong....i have nothing against paying taxes....but i do have a beef against being taxed more and more every fucking year,and not a fucking thing is improving,things just keep going down hill,so lets raise more taxes,and the same fucking results happen.....NOTHING...now if you cant understand that,and why so many people are tired of this raising taxes bullshit,with 0 results,then you definitely have your head up someones ass dude....now let me ask you something.....if they keep raising taxes and this country is still sinking....are YOU going to want to just keep paying more,or are going to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?.....i dont know about your state Ire....but the Cali. legislature wants the tax payer to pay for all the problems that THEY THEMSELVES HAVE CAUSED.....

no you got it wrong....i have nothing against paying taxes....but i do have a beef against being taxed more and more every fucking year,and not a fucking thing is improving,things just keep going down hill,so lets raise more taxes,and the same fucking results happen.....NOTHING...now if you cant understand that,and why so many people are tired of this raising taxes bullshit,with 0 results,then you definitely have your head up someones ass dude....now let me ask you something.....if they keep raising taxes and this country is still sinking....are YOU going to want to just keep paying more,or are going to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?.....i dont know about your state Ire....but the Cali. legislature wants the tax payer to pay for all the problems that THEY THEMSELVES HAVE CAUSED.....

Thanks for your opinion. I was really kind of interested in hearing they answer to my question tho. The fact you twice wouldn't answer it telling though.

So what's your answer?

Unfortunately, a lot of Americans aren't more patriotic. They have been brainwashed into thinking that the United States has done evil things are, therefore, is evil.

Our President travels the world apologizing and listening to insults. Where is his pride in the country?

Would I consider paying $5.00 more a week in taxes to help things get better? Sure I would.

Well yeah, I was envisioning something more along the lines of say the repeal of the Bush tax cuts, but I'm glad to hear you would be willing to pay an extra $260 to help the country, good on you for that. I'm curious as to whether it came between their country and a few points more in taxes whether conservatives would choose their personal wealth over the welfare of the country. Considering how patriotic they hold themselves out to be I am surprised out how many are willing to let it go down the tubes as opposed to raising the tax rate back to where it was in the 90s.

I make a decent salary and a $200 a month tax increase wouldn't be a lifestyle breaker for me. I personally would oppose a payroll tax increase, though, because payroll taxes are regressive taxes that the working poorer pay but (effectively) not the wealthier.

But unlike many, I put priority in balancing the budget, which I think is critical to our country's future success. I'd be willing to compromise on a lot of things to achieve a balanced budget, including spending cuts.

Not many are willing to compromise though, and in the end the default decision is run up more debt.

So what's your answer?

Well yeah, I was envisioning something more along the lines of say the repeal of the Bush tax cuts, but I'm glad to hear you would be willing to pay an extra $260 to help the country, good on you for that. I'm curious as to whether it came between their country and a few points more in taxes whether conservatives would choose their personal wealth over the welfare of the country. Considering how patriotic they hold themselves out to be I am surprised out how many are willing to let it go down the tubes as opposed to raising the tax rate back to where it was in the 90s.

I make a decent salary and a $200 a month tax increase wouldn't be a lifestyle breaker for me. I personally would oppose a payroll tax increase, though, because payroll taxes are regressive taxes that the working poorer pay but (effectively) not the wealthier.

But unlike many, I put priority in balancing the budget, which I think is critical to our country's future success. I'd be willing to compromise on a lot of things to achieve a balanced budget, including spending cuts.

Not many are willing to compromise though, and in the end the default decision is run up more debt.

How does the wealthy not pay more in payroll tax? If there is an X percentage increase in payroll taxes, and the "wealthy" get a paycheck (hence payroll taxes) they would be affected also. In fact, they would pay a lot more than the $10.00 per hour Walmart worker.

25% of $400.00 compared to 25% of $5,000.00. The 5k payroll tax is a lot more.

Thanks for your opinion. I was really kind of interested in hearing they answer to my question tho. The fact you twice wouldn't answer it telling though.
ok let me put it this way Ire....if raising the tax accomplishes what they say they are raising it for,no problem.....but how many times does that happen?.....in my State very very seldom.....hence my attitude on higher taxes.....

Last edited:
Gump it shows weakness to leftwing dictators as well. Name me a country that is more powerful or even as powerful.

Gump it shows weakness to leftwing dictators as well. Name me a country that is more powerful or even as powerful.

FairyD, only in your mind with regard to weakness. more powerful? I never said the US wasn't the most powerful nation in the world. That is possibly true. We were talking greatest. There is a difference...:cool:

FairyD, only in your mind with regard to weakness. more powerful? I never said the US wasn't the most powerful nation in the world. That is possibly true. We were talking greatest. There is a difference...:cool:

define what you mean by "greatest" Grump...and then the conversation can be a little clearer...

How does the wealthy not pay more in payroll tax? If there is an X percentage increase in payroll taxes, and the "wealthy" get a paycheck (hence payroll taxes) they would be affected also. In fact, they would pay a lot more than the $10.00 per hour Walmart worker.

25% of $400.00 compared to 25% of $5,000.00. The 5k payroll tax is a lot more.

The SS tax is 6.2% - and the employer pays that same amount which many economist say would be more salary so arguably its 12.4% of salary. But that's not material.

SS taxes is the largest component of payroll taxes. The other is medicare, which is about 1.5% which the employer also matches.

SS is a flat tax untill you get to about $100,000 (the number increasing a bit every year). Then its capped. (Medicare is a flat tax but is not capped). That is what makes it regressive.

A person making $15,000 pays $930 in SS tax, which is 6.2% (or $1860/12.4% if you include the part the employer pays directly).

A person making $15,000,000 pays the tax only on $100,000. They pay $6,200 (not counting employer contribution). That $6,200 as a percentagve of their income is .04%.

The poorer worker is paying 6.2%, the richer .004% in SS taxes. The richer effectively doesn't pay the tax as a percentage of his income. An average family making $50,000 would pay just $20 in SS taxes if they paid the same SS tax rate as the rich family in my example

And trust fund babies and hedge fund managers who earn money from investments don't pay it at all, because SS taxes are only levied on income from work.

Last edited:
What's the difference between pride and hubris?

In most great theater, the difference is usually about three acts.

Rightwingers define america's greatness by our military prowess?

i know some left wingers who do also.....matter of fact quite often.....besides how many countries despise our military UNTIL they need us to use that military on their behalf....then its different.....

i know some left wingers who do also.....matter of fact quite often.....besides how many countries despise our military UNTIL they need us to use that military on their behalf....then its different.....

Greatness is defined by its social and political structure. Perhaps its contribution to the world. IMO the military has only power aspects to it, not greatness.

About the country that doesn't like you, an in fact didn't even like you when you helped out, are the French. But they don't like anybody who shows them up do they?

Greatness is defined by its social and political structure. Perhaps its contribution to the world. IMO the military has only power aspects to it, not greatness.

About the country that doesn't like you, an in fact didn't even like you when you helped out, are the French. But they don't like anybody who shows them up do they?

The U.S. not only has the greatest Military power in the world, but also, It has a humanitarian side to it. When there is a disaster somewhere in the world, we are one of the first responders to bring medical aid, and food supplies, along with other supplies. If it wasn't because of our capitalist government, this probably wouldn't be possible at the scale of our generousity. Just sayin...

Forum List

Back