When slapped, Obama should slap back

That makes the difference between the people in your country and in ours.

We are proud to be patriotic. You consider it yadda, yadda, yadda.

That speaks volumes.

It does. We don't have to constantly pat ourselves on the back, or be condescending towards others to make ourselves feel better or more important than them...:cool:

That speaks volumes.

It does. We don't have to constantly pat ourselves on the back, or be condescending towards others to make ourselves feel better or more important than them...:cool:

you're dealing with people that grew up listening to rush limbuagh, and who got beat up and had their lunch money taken in middle school.

I don't know any confident, well adjusted adult men that would have to walk into a room of latin americans, and scream that the USA is Number One!!!!!!

Being patriotic shows you are a blowhard? Interesting. Wrong, but interesting.

You wouldn't understand. You are from Canada.

Ego...that is comical. Only thing he could say about Ortega was something about himself.

Egotistical. Narcissistic.

OTT patriotism is definitely blowhard..

I understand I don't have to spout off to all and sundry that my country is the best in the world yadda, yadda, yadda. Each to their own I say....

That speaks volumes.

You can tell by all the folks we have here who'd rather see the country go bankrupt than pay more taxes.

That speaks volumes.

you're dealing with people that grew up listening to rush limbuagh, and who got beat up and had their lunch money taken in middle school.

I don't know any confident, well adjusted adult men that would have to walk into a room of latin americans, and scream that the USA is Number One!!!!!!
well since you probably did during the Olympics......

I understand I don't have to spout off to all and sundry that my country is the best in the world yadda, yadda, yadda. Each to their own I say....

That speaks volumes.

You can tell by all the folks we have here who'd rather see the country go bankrupt than pay more taxes.
just by you saying that Ire....tells me alot.....come live in my State where they tax the fuck out of you,and then tell me if you want to pay more......Chris.....make room up there buddy you got another one coming up......

well lets put it like this Grump.....if Lower Slobovia wanted to invade your country.....you guys are going to have a new flag by the end of the week.....

Doubtful...When I talk of greatest of a country, I ain't just talking military. That is but a small portion of what makes a country great IMO...

well since your country is only known as a great place to film Fantasy movies.....what else have they contributed to the world?.....to be considered great?.....

well lets put it like this Grump.....if Lower Slobovia wanted to invade your country.....you guys are going to have a new flag by the end of the week.....

Doubtful...When I talk of greatest of a country, I ain't just talking military. That is but a small portion of what makes a country great IMO...

well since your country is only known as a great place to film Fantasy movies.....what else have they contributed to the world?.....to be considered great?.....

Do a google....

That speaks volumes.

There is a difference between pride and hubris.

And please speak for yourself. i always think it's bad manners to run around like no one else exists and everything is about us.

The whole "America Love it or Leave It" thing went out with Archie Bunker.

Does Obama even understand what went down?

It's hard to argue with the results thus far from President Obama's "no drama" approach to campaigning and governing, but I think he should learn to chew a little scenery when the occasion demands. Theatricality is one of the weapons in any leader's arsenal, and a well-timed glower or growl can have more impact than a sheaf of position papers.

Granted, the history of U.S. involvement in Latin America is pretty sordid. And granted, Obama made clear that he intends no abdication of American leadership, but rather a new atmosphere of mutual respect.

Chavez, Ortega and a few others, however, made a show of being rude. A flash of presidential anger from Obama would have been in order.

When slapped, Obama should slap back
So, he should send the Secret Service out to bust Cheney's chops ?
and to hunt down and beat the crap out of EVERY vocal critic ?

Ortega was not criticizing, not "slapping" Obama. He was criticizing the past American policies and actions that have irritated and abused Central and South America.

Obama is not a beliigerent impatient rowdy brawling drunken slob, ready to take offense at every silly slight. He's a mature grown up who can see and maneuver past the petty turds floating in the water, ignoring them as turds.
He will not let them, or any turd tossers, determine the futre of the nation.

It's nice to have grown ups running the government.

Read: "Ortega was right and King Hussein was right to agree with Ortega through his adhering demeanor; wherein he noted his personal innocense ..."

Typical Anti-American, pro-communist tripe. The fact is that The Lord of the Idiots IS a communist and agrees that the US is responsible for the failure of the respective Central and South American shit-holes.

In truth, those cultures do not find prosperity because of the inherent corruption within the cultures and their tendency towards collective (tribal) mentality; all of which boils down to the cultural forfeiture of the Right bearing, presonal responsibility to the State and extremely low productivity; which can only produce tyranny and the chronic poverty intrinsic to such.

Bottom line, Central and South America are prone to leftism and where one finds leftism, one finds the chronic poverty which such is designed to produce; and what's more, the leftist in power naturally need someone to blame this poverty ON... and who better than the US?

That speaks volumes.

ROFL... Oh GOD! Now that's precious...

It's as IF someone suggested that such is necessary, when every Latin- American man, KNOWS that the US is number one... It's not as if someone who contests such a certainty could sustain that contest in light of the facts...

As usual, what we have here is a leftist working hard to build a straw dog, with which she hopes to sick on her opposition.

Now with that said, I don't know ANY American which would sit in a room with ANYONE who is projecting that America is anything BUT great and not stand up and present those facts towards straightening those idiots out. Of course this would decidely NOT include Leftists of US Citizenry... Hells Bells, the LEFTIST PRESIDENT OF THE US refused to defend America in the face of such absurdity.

Last edited:
No Holds Barred: Why does Obama smile at dictators?

LIKE MANY AMERICANS, I have been awed by our president's capacity to draw those who hate us near. He is a man of considerable charm and grace. But I have to admit that I am increasingly troubled by his seeming inability to call out rogue dictators.

While he was campaigning for the presidency, Obama promised, "As president I will recognize the Armenian genocide." But in a press conference in Ankara with President Abdullah Gul, he refused to use the word "genocide" when challenged by a reporter on the issue. Yet, it was Obama's early foreign policy adviser Samantha Power of Harvard who wrote A Problem from Hell, the definitive book on the American non-intervention in repeated 20th-century genocides, beginning with the Armenian genocide perpetrated by the Ottoman Turks which killed 1.5 million between the years of 1915 and 1923. When I read the book it changed my life.

As a Jew who does not want the world to forget the Holocaust, I can only imagine the pain of the Armenian community as it struggles to have modern Turkey acknowledge the crime. And why should modern Turkey not oblige? No one is blaming it for something that happened 90 years ago. It is not today's generation which is at fault. But nations must come to terms with their own history. Could any of us imagine what kind of country the US would be if it denied that it was ever responsible for the abomination of African-American slavery and segregation?

ALL THIS LEADS to one important question. Suppose Obama succeeds in building friendships with Chavez, Castro, Ahmadinejad and the Taliban. What then? Does America still get to feel that it stands for something? Will we still be the beacon of liberty and freedom to the rest of the world, or will we have sold out in the name of political expediency? And do any of us seriously believe that presidential friendship is going to get a megalomaniac like Hugo Chavez to ease up on the levers of power, or are we just feeding his ego by showing him he can be a tyrant and still have a beer with the president of the United States? Will the Iranians really stop enriching uranium through diplomacy rather than economic sanctions?

No Holds Barred: Why does Obama smile at dictators? | Columnists | Jerusalem Post

Bottom line, Central and South America are prone to leftism and where one finds leftism, one finds the chronic poverty which such is designed to produce; and what's more, the leftist in power naturally need someone to blame this poverty ON... and who better than the US?

First of all, why do you think those countries start veering to the left? Because most have already been under right-wing dictatorships whereby 1% of the population is stinking rich and the other 99% are dirt poor. You think the likes of the Sandinistas were created in a vacuum? Ditto Cuba? Why wouldn't one blame the US when they undermine covertly left-leaning govts to suit their own needs instead of just leaving them alone to prosper or fail under their leadership (Chile, Nicaragua and Cuba and just three examples where this undermining has happened). If the shoe fits, wear it...

That speaks volumes.

just by you saying that Ire....tells me alot.....come live in my State where they tax the fuck out of you,and then tell me if you want to pay more......Chris.....make room up there buddy you got another one coming up......

Are you another patriotic American that would rather see America go into bankrupt ruin rather than pay higher taxes?

No Holds Barred: Why does Obama smile at dictators?

LIKE MANY AMERICANS, I have been awed by our president's capacity to draw those who hate us near. He is a man of considerable charm and grace. But I have to admit that I am increasingly troubled by his seeming inability to call out rogue dictators.

While he was campaigning for the presidency, Obama promised, "As president I will recognize the Armenian genocide." But in a press conference in Ankara with President Abdullah Gul, he refused to use the word "genocide" when challenged by a reporter on the issue. Yet, it was Obama's early foreign policy adviser Samantha Power of Harvard who wrote A Problem from Hell, the definitive book on the American non-intervention in repeated 20th-century genocides, beginning with the Armenian genocide perpetrated by the Ottoman Turks which killed 1.5 million between the years of 1915 and 1923. When I read the book it changed my life.

As a Jew who does not want the world to forget the Holocaust, I can only imagine the pain of the Armenian community as it struggles to have modern Turkey acknowledge the crime. And why should modern Turkey not oblige? No one is blaming it for something that happened 90 years ago. It is not today's generation which is at fault. But nations must come to terms with their own history. Could any of us imagine what kind of country the US would be if it denied that it was ever responsible for the abomination of African-American slavery and segregation?

ALL THIS LEADS to one important question. Suppose Obama succeeds in building friendships with Chavez, Castro, Ahmadinejad and the Taliban. What then? Does America still get to feel that it stands for something? Will we still be the beacon of liberty and freedom to the rest of the world, or will we have sold out in the name of political expediency? And do any of us seriously believe that presidential friendship is going to get a megalomaniac like Hugo Chavez to ease up on the levers of power, or are we just feeding his ego by showing him he can be a tyrant and still have a beer with the president of the United States? Will the Iranians really stop enriching uranium through diplomacy rather than economic sanctions?

No Holds Barred: Why does Obama smile at dictators? | Columnists | Jerusalem Post

Good to see our Israeli friends supporting our country and its president.

Being patriotic shows you are a blowhard? Interesting. Wrong, but interesting.

You wouldn't understand. You are from Canada.

Ego...that is comical. Only thing he could say about Ortega was something about himself.

Egotistical. Narcissistic.

That speaks volumes.

The nazis were very proud of their country too. Pride in one's country is no special achievement or thing in itself to be proud of, IMO.

Last edited:
i did this came up....???????

Why am I not surprised that not even something as simple as a google search is beyond your capabilities...:lol:

look Grump im just fucking with ya about your country....i know to many people that say NZ is a nice very scenic place,with good people......but your politics....well thats a different story....:eusa_eh:

Are you another patriotic American that would rather see America go into bankrupt ruin rather than pay higher taxes?

do you understand english Ire?.....California taxes you on EVERYTHING they can get away with,and things just keep getting worse.....do you understand that?if the people in charge of spending the taxes SUCK at managing money....WHY THE HELL SHOULD I WANT TO PAY EVEN MORE....do you understand that?......a lot of people in this state are having a rough time....you know what the legislature does about it?.....RAISE FUCKING TAXES....double the car registrations....yea thats taking some financial pressure off the citizens.....YOU pay more taxes dude,ive had enough of their fucking bullshit....

Forum List

Back